Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDP New England States League Is Unveiled

EDP, one of the largest organizers of youth soccer leagues and tournaments in the U.S, today announced the formation of the EDP New England States League. The first wave of committed clubs has been hand-selected and will have the opportunity to compete against existing EDP member clubs throughout the Northeast.

The following clubs, representing Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont, will join clubs from Connecticut and New York starting in Fall of 2019:

Black Rock FC (MA)
    Far Post SC (VT)
    FC Blazers (MA)
    International SC (NH)
    Juventus Academy Boston (MA)
    New England Navigators (MA)
    Nordic SC (VT)
    Nova Premier SC (MA)
    Peak FC (NH)

Full info is at: https://www.edpsoccer.com/news_article/show/1021887

I applaud the effort, but let's add 2 plus 2 together and see if we get to 4.

"the formation of the EDP New England States League" sounds like you guys are setting up "EDP New England" as described here - https://www.edpsoccer.com/usyouthsoccer, however that league is limited to Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine and Rhode Island.

The current press release says "The following clubs, representing Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont, will join clubs from Connecticut and New York"

We also know that the teams listed are only committing on a team by team basis as mentioned in one of your quotes: "We also love the team vs team format that will allow us to do what’s best for each team"

So, here's my "4":

This is not an EDP New England league, this is certain teams from certain clubs joining EDP North Atlantic.

Like I said I applaud the effort, but really hate the spin and the disingenuousness.

Comment

Hardly the Who’s Who of NE Soccer clubs. Apart from Far Post and potential Black Rock the rest are glorified town programs. Irrelevant!

Comment

Irrelevant? I don't think so. Peak FC and International SC (and other clubs in New Hampshire) are doing a great job of giving a lot of players the benefits of a club like GPS and Seacoast without the astronomical price tags. In many cases the coaches and teams are better (especially when compared with the lower-end GPS and Seacoast teams).

Comment

I for one hope they make it. Whatever is done to provide options for all, and to help enhance this game I am all for.

I am not looking to move there, but do wish them luck

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Irrelevant? I don't think so. Peak FC and International SC (and other clubs in New Hampshire) are doing a great job of giving a lot of players the benefits of a club like GPS and Seacoast without the astronomical price tags. In many cases the coaches and teams are better (especially when compared with the lower-end GPS and Seacoast teams).
            Agreed - Peak FC and International FC have been very competitive and their results are in line with anything you gee from GPS or SUSC. Peak FC could become one of the best options for the Central part of the state and their teams have played their competition well. International FC has done a great job too. Their play as a club has been competitive and they have held their own with bigger clubs - both of them (Peak and Int. ) doing it a fraction of the cost of SUSC or GPS.

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Agreed - Peak FC and International FC have been very competitive and their results are in line with anything you gee from GPS or SUSC. Peak FC could become one of the best options for the Central part of the state and their teams have played their competition well. International FC has done a great job too. Their play as a club has been competitive and they have held their own with bigger clubs - both of them (Peak and Int. ) doing it a fraction of the cost of SUSC or GPS.

I think you'd gain more traction with a more reality. I appreciate the staffs of both organizations and what they are doing. If they can enhance the game, I'm all for it.

But, where are they playing with other clubs in a competitive league?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2494106]Agreed - Peak FC and International FC have been very competitive and their results are in line with anything you gee from GPS or SUSC. Peak FC could become one of the best options for the Central part of the state and their teams have played their competition well. International FC has done a great job too. Their play as a club has been competitive and they have held their own with bigger clubs - both of them (Peak and Int. ) doing it a fraction of the cost of

International FC have a better foundation as they have teams in all the young age groups. Peak are okay at the older age groups on the girls side but aren’t bringing anything through on either the boys or the girls. The girls teams will age our within the next year or 2 and they won’t have any teams.

Comment

I think you'd gain more traction with a more reality. I appreciate the staffs of both organizations and what they are doing. If they can enhance the game, I'm all for it.

But, where are they playing with other clubs in a competitive league?
                    I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly, but as much as I think there are flaws in how EDP are trying to launch 'EDP New England', this is the competitive league that they are looking to play in.

Comment

Peak are okay at the older age groups on the girls side but aren’t bringing anything through on either the boys or the girls. The girls teams will age our within the next year or 2 and they won’t have any teams.
                      Agreed. It's the one unfortunate thing about Peak so far. I liked the idea and the concept, and understand what they are trying to do, but they should also be aware of the bottom end limitations of their model. If they want to be a 'step-up' for players, they should limit their teams to the ones that actually offer that. Otherwise they are overall just another NHSL soccer club competing for the same pool of players.

Comment

Agreed. It's the one unfortunate thing about Peak so far. I liked the idea and the concept, and understand what they are trying to do, but they should also be aware of the bottom end limitations of their model. If they want to be a 'step-up' for players, they should limit their teams to the ones that actually offer that. Otherwise they are overall just another NHSL soccer club competing for the same pool of players.
                        Have you seen the massacres their u10 and u12 boys have been apart of? 19-0 9-1 etc. The standard of players is dreadful, and the coaching isn’t much better, minus 1 or 2.
                        They have got lucky with a couple of older girls teams. They won’t attract new players, and definitely not enough to field brand new teams.

Comment

Have you seen the massacres their u10 and u12 boys have been apart of? 19-0 9-1 etc. The standard of players is dreadful, and the coaching isn’t much better, minus 1 or 2.
                          They have got lucky with a couple of older girls teams. They won’t attract new players, and definitely not enough to field brand new teams.
                          I am surprised they have successful teams at the older ages for girls. I saw them over the winter play futsal and I wouldn't have thought the same teams would be good outdoors either.

Comment

I am surprised they have successful teams at the older ages for girls. I saw them over the winter play futsal and I wouldn't have thought the same teams would be good outdoors either.
                            Hard to play kick and run on a futsal court.

Comment

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly, but as much as I think there are flaws in how EDP are trying to launch 'EDP New England', this is the competitive league that they are looking to play in.
                              Post I replied to indicated they have held their own against bigger clubs. I was wondering which clubs they've played against and what those results were.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X