Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to club soccer - recommendations for girls U12

My 5th daughter just informed us that she wants to try out for a club team. We are new to this and would like recommendations/thought on options in Fairfield county. Interested in thoughts on the CFC B team vs. other A teams. We are considering Everton, Yankee, SoccerViza, CFC. Thank you.

Muppet

New to SOCCER but on here ?? Sure

Comment

Yes, actually. A friend told me about this site and suggested I ask on here - said I'd get a lot of information and opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Yes, actually. A friend told me about this site and suggested I ask on here - said I'd get a lot of information and opinions.
        An idiot born every day

Comment

He is a great friend. Drop him like bad advice.......which you will only get on here. I'm informing you about that opinion!

Comment

Oh you will get opinions alright. Options include FUSA (Fairfield's decent and lower cost option to premier) Revolution, CFC, Yankee, Everton and Rush. All will be summarily praised and trashed here by those with personal agendas. Ask around.
            What matters is which fits your family's budget, time and is the best fit for your kid. If she is struggling to keep up at tryouts it may not be the best fit. No one gets better never playing (playing time is not guaranteed in premier). Keep in mind many clubs are struggling to fill rosters so be leery of what they tell you. If you can go watch her age group play in a game and watch the skill level and coaching. Game schedules can usually be found on club and league websites.

Comment

who does she currently play for?

Comment

My 5th daughter just informed us that she wants to try out for a club team. We are new to this and would like recommendations/thought on options in Fairfield county. Interested in thoughts on the CFC B team vs. other A teams. We are considering Everton, Yankee, SoccerViza, CFC. Thank you.
                CFC over all those.

Comment

who does she currently play for?
                  New to club soccer means not playing club soccer

Comment

CFC over all those.
                    Yes go to cfc where no one cares about your kid

Comment

It’s your fifth kid. Convenience rules all.

Comment

New to club soccer means not playing club soccer
                        playing town....

Comment

Friend, I'm going to give you a number. You ask for CT Rush SW. It's what you want. It's what every Fairfield County family wants.

Comment

It’s your fifth kid. Convenience rules all.
                            I think the op meant 5th grader, not 5th kid, because the title is U12. Most U12s will be 6th grade next year.

op - get busy. Offers are going out now at many clubs. if you can get her to some team practices that is much better than waiting for "tryouts." It's a better way for the coach and you to see if there's a fit. Chat up cub parents and ask them questions about the club, coaching etc. First hand information is way better than any comments on TS about specific clubs.

Comment

Yes go to cfc where no one cares about your kid
                              CFC Arsenal (Fairfield County) is light years ahead of the others you mention. Can’t even compare them in terms of coaching, facilities and what is offered. Different branch might be a different story.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X