Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Private coaches for years? that's crazy, he's 10! It's too early to start with private coaches! Juggle, Dribble, YouTube, play. get him some cones and a rebounder (that's money well spent) - and look up Coerver soccer drills. And you, Dad, or mom, go play with him, while he still wants you to - send him crosses, play goalie and let him shoot on you, play 1 on 1 while you still stand a chance. the time you spend WITH HIM is way more valuable than schleping him to some other guy. Once he hits puberty maybe, but for now resist the urge to make it into a job.

- A parent who misses the days with him kicking in the back yard.
    The above is perfect. If you're kid sees you playing or a sibling it builds their own motivation to keep playing.

Comment

The above is perfect. If you're kid sees you playing or a sibling it builds their own motivation to keep playing.
      That’s how I got started smoking weed

Comment

I know this will lead to tons of rants and useless responses, but I'm hoping for at least a few helpful suggestions.

Our son has asked if we would consider getting him some private lessons. He is a pretty good player but is super focused on trying to get better. He usually stays after practices to work on his own and plays every chance he gets. However, he thinks that he needs some help with technique. He is a 08 who is on a solid premier team but is aware that all the really good players on his team have had private coaches for years. I don't want to just throw money at this, like some of the families on our team but our son is motivated and wants to put in the effort, I would consider something if it's a good coach and the costs are not crazy.

Any suggestions for private coaches in the Norwalk/Westport/Fairfield area? What is a reasonable hourly rate? I have heard numbers between $50/hr to $150hr.

Thanks
        Just think about 25 sessions with private coach and you could have paid for a year at a top club

Comment

If you've got the cash, why not get your kid some 1-on-1 with a decent player and give a young coach some beer money at the same time? Sure, 10 or 20 lessons might be the cost of a top team (how much do you plan on paying this coach), but you have to get on that team first. Then, you might end up on OW with some daddy coach only to get cut in 4 years because other clubs develop stronger players than OW does. Don't overthink it. If you have the money, the kid wants to do it, go for it.

Comment

I wouldn't do private training quite yet. I would look for supplemental training in your area like a local weekly futsal program. That is easily the best thing you can do.

Comment

Try this...

www.coachup.com

Lots of coaches with solid credentials and backgrounds there. I found a great coach for my kid there and we've used him for the last 3 summers and in the winter breaks.

Really gave us the individual focus needed and my kid has improved greatly from the investment.
              coach up is garbage. Yeah let's pay Marvin from shelton a ton of money. Just go look at that grumpster coach and you'll see your kid isn't going to learn a thing

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X