X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Problem with ECNL, Where to Start!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed, but then what's the issue? If you and your kid are happy with her team, level of competitiveness, size of the roster, time committment, training and price point, why come on here and complain about ECNL?

PS-Unless you live in a Montauk lighthouse, there are certainly GDA and/or ECNL options less than an hour away...
    The view of the ocean is amazing! The sitting in traffic sucks though. The problem with the DA and ECNL is thet're supposedly a big draw for college coaches, but the teams just aren't any good. I don't see why parents should have to get dragged through the whole mess that is Long Island soccer.

Comment

The view of the ocean is amazing! The sitting in traffic sucks though. The problem with the DA and ECNL is thet're supposedly a big draw for college coaches, but the teams just aren't any good. I don't see why parents should have to get dragged through the whole mess that is Long Island soccer.
      The teams just aren't any good???
      Lmfao, now you're just trolling
      Please, do tell, what USWNT in training does your little superstar play on?

Comment

Playing 1 or 2 lousy games a season isn't worth scrapping the entire system. My guess is if they played the other supposed top teams in other leagues, the results would be just as drastic.
        Let's face it, there's a few more easy games than that!

Comment

The teams just aren't any good???
          Lmfao, now you're just trolling
          Please, do tell, what USWNT in training does your little superstar play on?
          Yours, your the trainer

Comment

Let's face it, there's a few more easy games than that!
            I'll agree to disagree, but even so, still better than playing those dreadful EDP rugby teams!

Comment

I'll agree to disagree, but even so, still better than playing those dreadful EDP rugby teams!
              So your kids team is practicing their curtsies

Comment

You and your kid are a big part of the problem! Waaah, we want to play where we want to play where my little Mia is a star big fish in her little pond, we don't want to be inconvenienced at all let alone make any sacrifice or effort to balance! Our town team should get the same amount of attention from college coaches as the big GDA and ECNL teams because we won the Lollipop Land Annual Candy Crown tournament last week! Waaaah, why didn't Duke, UNC and Penn State show up????

Comment

we won the Lollipop Land Annual Candy Crown tournament last week!
                  Yeah, but were you top flight?

Comment

The point of the ecnl is for the best players in a certain area to go to these clubs so they can have the best kids in the age group.
                    Same as the DA.
                    But that’s in a perfect world.
                    On Long Island we have political issues.
                    Money, kissasses and hate for clubs.
                    With the new announcement from east meadow to take the ecnl-rl away from Smithtown and give it to famindale.
                    I’m still scratching my head??
                    Why don’t they just keep it for their own club?
                    When you have 25 plus on a roster that with the addition of a couple more would be two teams.
                    Long Island soccer is a disease.
                    And parents are sheep
                    I think EM giving ECRL to Farmingdale is a step in the right direction. When EM gave Smithtown their NPL badge, there was no other ECNL option in Suffolk. Good idea at the time to offer Suffolk players a pathway to ECNL through Smithtown, but I don't think it ever really played out that way except for maybe a few older players who ended up at Alby anyway. Granted Smithtown has a few decent teams doing well in NPL, but none that are truly dominant on a regional or national level that would induce head scratching.

Now with Massapequa losing NPL and folks not happy in EDP and Susa offering ECNL in Suffolk, it makes sense for EM to pull their ECRL teams back to Nassau. Now there's one ECNL destination in Nassau and one in Suffolk, with coaches and Doc(s) from both organizations friendly with each other. Maybe I'm a Pollyanna,but I think it's a good thing

Comment

You should go take a look at the ECNL standings before you post dumb statements. 4 out of 6 Susa ECNL teams are in 1st or 2nd place in the conference and every EM ECNL team across the board is in the top 5 (out of 14). Yeah, those teams suck! I'm sure your kid's EDP or NPL team is head and shoulders above the ECNL offerings. Lmfao

Comment

You should go take a look at the ECNL standings before you post dumb statements. 4 out of 6 Susa ECNL teams are in 1st or 2nd place in the conference and every EM ECNL team across the board is in the top 5 (out of 14). Yeah, those teams suck! I'm sure your kid's EDP or NPL team is head and shoulders above the ECNL offerings. Lmfao
                        Bravo! With the watering down of the ECNL and DA leagues with mediocre clubs you must be proud to win 5-0 against inferior competition!

Comment

I bet the bottom 8 would have trouble in the LIJSL! LMFAO

Comment

I bet the bottom 8 would have trouble in the LIJSL! LMFAO
                            I doubt it, they beat the heck out of the EDP and NPL teams when they play them. Unless EDP and NPL is now equivalent to LIJSL, which it probably is

Comment

Bravo! With the watering down of the ECNL and DA leagues with mediocre clubs you must be proud to win 5-0 against inferior competition!
                              Well it's certainly better than losing 8-0 to those same teams!

Comment

Guys

Ecnl regional league is another b league. It’s npl with another name

Smoke and mirrors

It’s the same level
                                As the national league

It’s another way to make money. No one wanted to be on an ecnl club’s b team

So now they call the b team ecnl as well.

Don’t waste your money the college coaches know the difference

You should too

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X