Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major gda announcements begin thursday and friday .....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The best 04 player on the East Coast continues to be left off the list because she plays for an ECNL team. This is shameful on US Soccer’s part. I’m not taking anything away from any of the girls listed, but to shun better players is the reason our National teams are where they are now excluding the full women’s team. Our kids no longer aspire to play on a National team. Watch as more and more American girls fangirl over the Sam Kerr’s and Sydney Schneider’s
    Many predicted that USSF would give some ECNL kids the nod year one but would probably stop the charade after year 2. Looks like that's exactly what is happening, sending a loud and clear message to anyone with NT aspirations. They do in BDA as well. Still lazy but at least BDA does capture a larger portion of top players. GDA does not.

Comment

How so? Back up your statement or step away from the keyboard
      Quick peek at the results show Seacoast beating NEFC and tying them during the season, though with NEFC getting the better of them overall. I see Oakwood beating NEFC during the season at all age groups. From first hand experience, I'd take Oakwood over NEFC, but just barely. Seacoast can be competitive with them both, but they are a step behind. Things have to fall just right for them to win, but they are normally in the game if you review the game reports.

To make a statement "The only club that's a challenge in the NE is NEFC." is just plain false.

LISC is terrible at the youngest age, no doubt about that.

So, step away from the keyboard.

Comment

With the addition of SSS in the 02 bracket Nefc DA 02s will be beaten by another team.

Comment

Sad truth is ECNL is being shunned. Over the next few years any kid with talent will leave for da.

Sidelining of ECNL has begun. The U16 USWNT announced this week now has zero ECNL players:

GOALKEEPERS (2): Nona Reason (San Diego Surf; San Clemente; Calif.), Teagan Wy (West Coast FC; Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.)

DEFENDERS (6): Elise Evans (San Jose Earthquakes; Redwood City, Calif.), Kayleigh Herr (NC Courage; Cary, NC), Elle Piper (San Jose Earthquakes; San Jose, Calif.), Evelyn Shores (Tophat; Atlanta, Ga.), Maggie Taitano (San Diego Surf; Carlsbad, Calif.), Gisele Thompson (Real So Cal; Studio City, Calif.)

MIDFIELDERS (5): Sydney Becerra (Solar SC; Lewisville, Tx.), Danielle Davis (FC Fury NY; Port Washington), Juliauna Hayward (Real Colorado; Thornton, Colo.), Peyton Marcisz (San Jose Earthquakes; San Jose), Olivia Moultrie (Portland Thorns FC; Portland, Ore.)

FORWARDS (7): Ella Eggleston (Lonestar Academy; Austin, Tx.), Mia Minestrella (Beach FC; Redondo Beach, Calif.), Katherine Rader (Weston FC; Stuart, Fla.), Julia Saunicheva (San Jose Earthquakes; Santa Clara, Calif.), Jaedyn Shaw (FC Dallas; Frisco, Tex.), Alyssa Thompson (Real So Cal; Studio City, Calif.), Alivia Uribe (Reign Academy; Seattle, Wash.)
          When your daughter is going to be called? Save the trouble:Never!

Comment

The best 04 player on the East Coast continues to be left off the list because she plays for an ECNL team. This is shameful on US Soccer’s part. I’m not taking anything away from any of the girls listed, but to shun better players is the reason our National teams are where they are now excluding the full women’s team. Our kids no longer aspire to play on a National team. Watch as more and more American girls fangirl over the Sam Kerr’s and Sydney Schneider’s
            And who is that???

Comment

Quick peek at the results show Seacoast beating NEFC and tying them during the season, though with NEFC getting the better of them overall. I see Oakwood beating NEFC during the season at all age groups. From first hand experience, I'd take Oakwood over NEFC, but just barely. Seacoast can be competitive with them both, but they are a step behind. Things have to fall just right for them to win, but they are normally in the game if you review the game reports.

To make a statement "The only club that's a challenge in the NE is NEFC." is just plain false.

Have to agree with the other poster. With NYCFC out there's few good clubs left to play - I'm saying overall, not game by game and also based on where it stands now. Each club has some teams better or worse than others. NEFC has two #1 teams and one #2 (behind NYCFC who is out soon). Their U14s are 16-6-3, not too shabby. The club did decently in CO and FL. That is a more important measure. Being #1 in the NE is a tallest midget argument. Maybe NYSC picks up a few good NYCFC players, maybe Fury gets some other LI talent. If SSS could keep most of its better players they could be a contender but it sounds like quite a few are bailing out. Now that the two bottom feeders (Empire and Alby) are out, who will be the punching bag next year?

Comment

Have to agree with the other poster. With NYCFC out there's few good clubs left to play - I'm saying overall, not game by game and also based on where it stands now. Each club has some teams better or worse than others. NEFC has two #1 teams and one #2 (behind NYCFC who is out soon). Their U14s are 16-6-3, not too shabby. The club did decently in CO and FL. That is a more important measure. Being #1 in the NE is a tallest midget argument. Maybe NYSC picks up a few good NYCFC players, maybe Fury gets some other LI talent. If SSS could keep most of its better players they could be a contender but it sounds like quite a few are bailing out. Now that the two bottom feeders (Empire and Alby) are out, who will be the punching bag next year?
                Disagree. Goal for anyone should be in a competitive game. And, results show that's the case.

Comment

Not really. Want to play on the NT? Follow the path they suggest.

Don't want to? Don't follow the path they suggest.

Side note: The reason why our younger women's teams are not competitive is due to their development that got them to this point. Blame that organization, not the one picking up the pieces.

Comment

When your daughter is going to be called? Save the trouble:Never!
                    Not the point ECNL dad. I know she’s not going to be a pro soccer player....duh. Point is da is laying the wood to ECNL. Just because you and I are realistic doesn’t mean there aren’t thousands of parents who think that they have the next Mia...and they want to be part of the league that has the “pathway”. Marketing or reality? Not sure it matters

Comment

If you put all 20+ Northeast ECNL & GDA clubs in a pool and picked which ones you’d want to have in a 14 team league, how many GDA clubs would you pick?

3 maybe?

Comment

Not really. Want to play on the NT? Follow the path they suggest.

Don't want to? Don't follow the path they suggest.

Side note: The reason why our younger women's teams are not competitive is due to their development that got them to this point. Blame that organization, not the one picking up the pieces.
                        If the goal is to become the best players you can be, GDA may not fit into that plan for some players. That would be a difficult choice and sacrifice fro those players but I guess a good problem to have!

Comment

Not the point ECNL dad. I know she’s not going to be a pro soccer player....duh. Point is da is laying the wood to ECNL. Just because you and I are realistic doesn’t mean there aren’t thousands of parents who think that they have the next Mia...and they want to be part of the league that has the “pathway”. Marketing or reality? Not sure it matters
                          So far it does not seem to matter too much in the NE. For some and not others. The USSF clearly chooses virtually zero players from this region. If they took more players from more NE GDA clubs, they might be better able to apply pressure. As it is, there seem to be no NT prizes being hand out for those good little NE GDA soldiers.

Comment

Let's be completely realistic for a second. Seacoast GDA, in it's first year, basically promoted it's NPL teams to DA. The fact that they are "competitive" with NEFC should tell you the state of the competitiveness of those teams, i.e. not much better than current NPL teams. I know many of the families on the NEFC '04 NPL team as I have a kid in the age group who has played with and against many of them and most on that team turned down DA to stay in NPL. Girls were offered DA spots that were bench warmers on other ECNL teams. That is the reality in the NE GDA. ECNL level travel and cost, giving up HS sports, NPL level competition.

Don't care about the NT call-ups. The reality is so few of those players on youth NT teams or camps make it beyond 1-and-done. The reality is if you are constantly developing and growing as a player, you will be seen, even in college. How many players make it to the NWSL from college having never been to an NTC or YNT call-up? A few. For the rest, college is the goal, so why all the drama and concern over a political dog-fight between DA and ECNL? We'll stick with ECNL, play in HS and college and anything beyond that is gravy...

Comment

If you put all 20+ Northeast ECNL & GDA clubs in a pool and picked which ones you’d want to have in a 14 team league, how many GDA clubs would you pick?

3 maybe?
                              A little less than half. Drop the crap from each of them and keep the rest in New England. Do inter-regional games occasionally for those who really feel the need to drive to Maryland for the weekend.

Stars
                              Scorpions
                              SSS
                              NEFC
                              CFC
                              FSA
                              Oakwood
                              SUSC

No reason to travel outside New England. Not saying all of those teams would win out, and Stars likely would be the top dog, but the rest won't get trounced all the time like each league has to deal with too often.

Comment

Let's be completely realistic for a second. Seacoast GDA, in it's first year, basically promoted it's NPL teams to DA. The fact that they are "competitive" with NEFC should tell you the state of the competitiveness of those teams, i.e. not much better than current NPL teams. I know many of the families on the NEFC '04 NPL team as I have a kid in the age group who has played with and against many of them and most on that team turned down DA to stay in NPL. Girls were offered DA spots that were bench warmers on other ECNL teams. That is the reality in the NE GDA. ECNL level travel and cost, giving up HS sports, NPL level competition.

Don't care about the NT call-ups. The reality is so few of those players on youth NT teams or camps make it beyond 1-and-done. The reality is if you are constantly developing and growing as a player, you will be seen, even in college. How many players make it to the NWSL from college having never been to an NTC or YNT call-up? A few. For the rest, college is the goal, so why all the drama and concern over a political dog-fight between DA and ECNL? We'll stick with ECNL, play in HS and college and anything beyond that is gravy...
                                And, yet, all you can do is play the teams in front of you. You somehow think it's a badge of honor to go beat up on Continental or something?

You also don't know the roster make-ups on those teams. But, still, in year 1 was an eye-opener and is improving.

NT call-ups mean nothing. Yes, college is the goal so many are choosing the best avenue available to them. I have nothing against ECNL, just not available to us.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X