Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Many Leagues is Killing Youth Soccer in America

There are too many youth soccer leagues in America. Having so many leagues is just watering down the competition. We need on national league with tiers. Parents are just being used as cash cows while all these different leagues are forming to profit off of our stupidity to buy into the nonsense they are all selling. I found these articles really eye-opening!

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/featu...s-competitions

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/featu...-far-much-ecnl

Who cares..............

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Who cares..............
      Many do that's why there is so much $$$ in it; not professionally though. That's what is wild. The amount of jobs that rely on a sport like soccer (from coaching to equipment to field installers and more). Just think what those that have lucrative pro potential must bring in basketball, football, baseball, golf, tennis, etc. It's astounding.

Comment

Many do that's why there is so much $$$ in it; not professionally though. That's what is wild. The amount of jobs that rely on a sport like soccer (from coaching to equipment to field installers and more). Just think what those that have lucrative pro potential must bring in basketball, football, baseball, golf, tennis, etc. It's astounding.
        yadaayayayyada yada, yada......thanks for bringing up the obvious you dip Sh_t......we have talked this issue to death....the stupid comments and topics you idiots create make my nuts hurt.

Comment

yadaayayayyada yada, yada......thanks for bringing up the obvious you dip Sh_t......we have talked this issue to death....the stupid comments and topics you idiots create make my nuts hurt.
          Awwww. Poor widdle baby saw a comment that made his poor widdle nutties sore. Better go find a forum for widdle babies wit wimpy nuts.

Comment

There are only 2 leagues in the country. ECNL and DA but I’m the Northeast it’s all about the ECNL

Comment

There are only 2 leagues in the country. ECNL and DA but I’m the Northeast it’s all about the ECNL
              On the boys side, DA and EDP is where the best teams are for the northeast. I can honestly not speak at all on the girls side as I don’t have a daughter, but hearing so much about GDA being a failure, I’m guessing it’s ECNL over every league for northeast girl clubs

Comment

On the boys side, DA and EDP is where the best teams are for the northeast. I can honestly not speak at all on the girls side as I don’t have a daughter, but hearing so much about GDA being a failure, I’m guessing it’s ECNL over every league for northeast girl clubs
                maybe, but there's some really crappy teams in that league

Comment

maybe, but there's some really crappy teams in that league
                  There are some really crappy teams in every league. Some are bad and some are the best of the bads, but no league has only high level competition. May get there in 10 yrs, but some hard core reworking and ego checking will need to occur.

Comment

Of course there's too many. But as a parent I can't do anything about that. All I can do is find the best coaching and fit for each of my kids (each is very different) and get through the youth soccer swamp as best I can.

Comment

Top boys have it much better. There is nothing like the funded mls da teams on the girls side. The girls got an overpriced insulting imitation of what is available to boys. Girls would have been much better off if an equivalent da system for them had been launched at the same time it was for the boys. That failure opened the door for the ecnl cash cow to rise up and then the current garbage situation. Almost ready to bail on the entire enterprise and go back to rotating seasonal school sports as flawed as they are and be done with it.

Comment

Top boys have it much better. There is nothing like the funded mls da teams on the girls side. The girls got an overpriced insulting imitation of what is available to boys. Girls would have been much better off if an equivalent da system for them had been launched at the same time it was for the boys. That failure opened the door for the ecnl cash cow to rise up and then the current garbage situation. Almost ready to bail on the entire enterprise and go back to rotating seasonal school sports as flawed as they are and be done with it.
                        USSF made a few terrible decisions. First like you said not doing GDA at the same time as BDA was a huge error. Then, one they did decide they had to do something (the need is there) they decided to try and reproduce ECNL in size and cost. They reached too big and underestimated the strength ECNL and the draw of HS soccer. Now people are disappointed in the experience and reconsidering all of it

Comment

USSF made a few terrible decisions. First like you said not doing GDA at the same time as BDA was a huge error. Then, one they did decide they had to do something (the need is there) they decided to try and reproduce ECNL in size and cost. They reached too big and underestimated the strength ECNL and the draw of HS soccer. Now people are disappointed in the experience and reconsidering all of it
                          When will this stop? When we all stand up for ourselves

Comment

When will this stop? When we all stand up for ourselves
                            are we saying to "unionize" in some way?...maybe not a bad idea.

Comment

Lets all call a strike and organize our our own scab league. The ecgda. End corruption girls development academy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X