Offers from club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There’s too many coaches that can’t develop players so they have to recruit. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You live under a rock (clueless) or a bridge (troll)?
      Do they go to her games and wait for you in the parking lot? Lmao you’re high

Comment

What a doofus

Comment

Do they go to her games and wait for you in the parking lot? Lmao you’re high
          Seriously, you don't think there are club coaches encouraging 6th grade girls to join their club?

That rock you live under, must be nice.

Comment

There’s too many coaches that can’t develop players so they have to recruit. Sad.
            Teams should always look to improve. Some players won't improve as quickly as others no matter what a coach does. If they're not keeping up with the rest and an outside player can then make a change

Comment

Probably SM at Stars, he recruits anyone he can get his hands on and at any time at the detriment of the existing players on the team...

Comment

Probably SM at Stars, he recruits anyone he can get his hands on and at any time at the detriment of the existing players on the team...
                If it is RUN, he is a nightmare.

Comment

Why is he a nightmare?

Comment

Why is he a nightmare?
                    He is an abusive POS. Some coaches are tough and that is OK, but he is terrible, bad sportsmanship, horrible role model - pretty much everything you would NOT want in a youth coach.

Comment

Question - is it ever possible to get a refund on the initial fee a club asks when you accept to play for them for the following year? Anyone ever successfully get their $ back?

Comment

Question - is it ever possible to get a refund on the initial fee a club asks when you accept to play for them for the following year? Anyone ever successfully get their $ back?
                        I'm sure it's happened, but you've signed a contract and have an agreement to pay. If you are paying by installments, I suppose you could cancel your card and to avoid the next installments from coming out. I doubt they'd come after you over the breach of contract, but I'm no lawyer so take that for what it's worth.

I don't think the contract itself carries much weight, it's more about the payment agreement.

Comment

I'm sure it's happened, but you've signed a contract and have an agreement to pay. If you are paying by installments, I suppose you could cancel your card and to avoid the next installments from coming out. I doubt they'd come after you over the breach of contract, but I'm no lawyer so take that for what it's worth.

I don't think the contract itself carries much weight, it's more about the payment agreement.
                          So if you really were unhappy with things based on new information, the only way out is to basically eat the initial payment and ask to be released? We have a big concern over who is coaching our team next year, to the extent that I would be willing to walk from the money to avoid playing for this person.

Comment

So if you really were unhappy with things based on new information, the only way out is to basically eat the initial payment and ask to be released? We have a big concern over who is coaching our team next year, to the extent that I would be willing to walk from the money to avoid playing for this person.
                            That is my understanding. If someone comes back and gives different information, I certainly won't be offended.

The coaching thing is a bit problematic. Clubs take the position you are signing with the club, not the coach, and can shuffle around accordingly. I know some people who are on an ECNL team in MA who felt pretty worked over with how it shook out this time last year. I believe they sucked it up and stayed.

If you were promised XYZ coach, and got TUV as a coach instead, you can review it with the DOC and see if you have options. I doubt it will go anywhere...and worse you know your kid is even deeper in it now than before.

It did happen to us one year where we expected a coach, got another, and we lasted the year. It svcked.

Comment

Short answer is "yes".
                              Essentially you put down a deposit, but now you want to change, and you likely lose the deposit. You could claim that you are not getting what you "reserved" but I highly doubt the contract named the coach.

Comment

Short answer is "yes".
                                Essentially you put down a deposit, but now you want to change, and you likely lose the deposit. You could claim that you are not getting what you "reserved" but I highly doubt the contract named the coach.
                                Correct the contract did not name the coach. The past few years have been pretty consistent in terms of who coaches the top team at given age groups and everything we'd been lead to believe was that it would continue as such. Now we have a new person and it is a huge disappointment. I really think the whole process is awful now. They ask for huge deposits so many months in advance and as always the club reserves the right to make coaching and or team changes at their whim. They asked for very early commitments from most of the current players a week before the first tryouts, then held the scheduled tryouts last week and all of a sudden decided to add more tryouts again 2 weeks from now. The whole process is very stressful for the kids and the families because the club basically says they can make changes "as they see fit."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X