Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Central to the majority of towns and regions of the state. 60% of the states population is just south of concord, yes - thank you for the demographics lesson.

Centrally located to the areas of soccer interest and kids who play. Yes Nashua and southern NH have more people but not necessarily more kids playing soccer. \

If SU wants to grow the sport they need to expand their reach in the central part of the state. I find it funny that they invest in SU North in the White Mountains but not (seriously invested) in the Concord area. The SU Concord indoor facility is a joke and is better suited for their baseball programs. NHTI fields are no better than local high school fields.
    Are you kidding, Nashua and Southern NH have far more soccer players than Concord North

Comment

Are you kidding, Nashua and Southern NH have far more soccer players than Concord North
      Right, if you look up a population density map of New England, you'll see a nice horseshoe shape of more populated areas starting up at Concord, then passing down through Manchester/Nashua, sweeping east across the NH/MA border and continuing up the coast into Southern Maine. Seacoast in Epping sits right in the middle of that horseshoe.
      More population=more soccer players.

Comment

Are you kidding, Nashua and Southern NH have far more GOOD soccer players than Concord North

Comment

Are you kidding, Nashua and Southern NH have far more GOOD soccer players than Concord North
          and a lot of those play for Stars and NEFC.

Comment

Some do.... but saying a lot might be a stretch.... some of them could do just as well in NH but their parents think they are going places.

Comment

Good point -

If SU wants to expand their pool of players and tap into an area they have barely scratched, then Concord would make sense. If they would invest and expand their Express program there it would work. There are about 6 weaker clubs in that region that they could pull kids form and make a Capital Area program that could be good.

Comment

Good point -

If SU wants to expand their pool of players and tap into an area they have barely scratched, then Concord would make sense. If they would invest and expand their Express program there it would work. There are about 6 weaker clubs in that region that they could pull kids form and make a Capital Area program that could be good.
                The Concord area is split into 2, Express having lots of strong boys teams and a couple of Girls teams. GPS CA having lots of strong girls teams and 1 or 2 boys teams. But they had to partner with GPS in order to get NEP status The rest of the clubs in the area are very weak.

LRU are an average NHSL club.

Revolution United very poor club.

Peak. One good team, the rest are poor. promised their families EDP league out of NJ, playing NHSL instead. A little bit misleading.

Comment

Good point -

If you remember Seacoast tried this with Express and it has not worked out. Why spend millions on a new location when there is minimal return for your investment. For both Seacoast and GPS the southern areas will yield better return.

Comment

SU North

We are also building Seacoast United North in the Lakes Region and are looking for a facility in this area.

Comment

Facility

Currently all our Club Teams and grassroots run out of The Nick in Wolfeboro, but we had to rent 4 other facilities during the winter months which drives up cost of the program significantly. If anyone has any ideas as to how we could convert an existing building, I already have access to the turf and nets required. Give me a shout...

Comment

Facility

Currently all our Club Teams and grassroots run out of The Nick in Wolfeboro, but we had to rent 4 other facilities during the winter months which drives up cost of the program significantly. If anyone has any ideas as to how we could convert an existing building, I already have access to the turf and nets required. Give me a shout...
                        We are not looking for anything massive (nothing like Epping facility). 12,000-15,000 square feet with high ceilings would be ideal. Empty warehouse, barn, garage. Anything North of Wakefield/Alton and South of N Conway/Meredith. Ossipee/Wolfeboro perfect. Would consider Laconia/Tilton area as well. As mentioned, if anyone you know is interested or has a space that might work, I have access to nets, turf and a growing program to fill the facility and service any acquired debt. 603-986-0655

Comment

We are not looking for anything massive (nothing like Epping facility). 12,000-15,000 square feet with high ceilings would be ideal. Empty warehouse, barn, garage. Anything North of Wakefield/Alton and South of N Conway/Meredith. Ossipee/Wolfeboro perfect. Would consider Laconia/Tilton area as well. As mentioned, if anyone you know is interested or has a space that might work, I have access to nets, turf and a growing program to fill the facility and service any acquired debt. 603-986-0655
                          Look for an old boathouse as a starting point. Should be a few up for sale along the north shore of Winni. Any pre-engineered metal building will suffice. May just have to add heat and insulation.

These are relatively simple buildings to assemble (many moons ago I worked for a Lakes Region contractor who built several of them in that area).

Comment

Facility

Look for an old boathouse as a starting point. Should be a few up for sale along the north shore of Winni. Any pre-engineered metal building will suffice. May just have to add heat and insulation.

These are relatively simple buildings to assemble (many moons ago I worked for a Lakes Region contractor who built several of them in that area).
                            Been looking for 18 months, nothing yet. Saw 2 stables that looked promising, and one storage garage, but all were cost prohibative. Need a savvy business owner that can envision what a partnership with SUSC could yield if done correctly. Pass my number on to anyone who may be interested. As mentioned, I have a growing program that generates 'close to' $100K in gross revenue, but most of that gets eaten up with field/facility rentals and insurance. If we had indoor facility we could run Secoast field hockey, Seacoast lacrosse, and Seacoast baseball to offset the cost of the building. Anyway, the opportunity is there, we just need the right people involved. Here's my number for anyone that wants to continue the discussion: 603-986-0655

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X