Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    yes and I see the writing on the wall with my kid. we are merely a body on a da team. minimal playing time. I have asked for feedback and been ignored. Is there any repercussions of trying out elsewhere now to leave our options open. there is no transparency on their end.
    Definitely take your kid to other tryouts and keep their options open. Your job to look after your kid's interests.

Comment

Definitely take your kid to other tryouts and keep their options open. Your job to look after your kid's interests.
      Absofukinglutely. Don't feel pressured to be "loyal" to your club as they are not loyal to you. The vast majority of clubs only care about their top starters. Players #7-18 are largely interchangeable to them. As long as slots are filled, who is filling them doesn't matter much to them.

If your kid isn't starting or isn't the first sub off the bench and getting good PT absolutely look elsewhere. You very well may find a better fit. But you have to be honest with your kid's skill level and work ethic. Yes their are some douche coaches out there and some simply do a poor job managing their rosters. But if you kid isn't getting much PT there's probably a reason for it.

Comment

^ if a club threatens you for looking elsewhere tell them to piss off. That just shows they care more about your check clearing than doing what is best for your kid.

Comment

lol what a crock!!

Comment

^ if a club threatens you for looking elsewhere tell them to piss off. That just shows they care more about your check clearing than doing what is best for your kid.
            Yes the right thing to do would be to have a conversation about why you might be looking elsewhere.

For my kid, we register for a few tryouts to potentially get a backup plan in case something happens at the current club. If the current club comes to us with an offer and we're happy with the info they can provide such as team, coach, league, etc. then i would 90% likely just commit again.

The problem is nowadays the tryouts are so early and some clubs want to hold back all of the info. Like oh we won't tell you which team you're on and we won't tell you who is supposed to coach but we do want you to make the commitment to coming back and make that payment as soon as possible.

Clubs having tryouts in mid March, when you haven't even played a single spring game to me is crazy.

Comment

Clubs having tryouts in mid March, when you haven't even played a single spring game to me is crazy.
              The race to nowhere.

Comment

Tryout Season already here

The race to nowhere.
                some people are just not happy playing at their current team/club....you have to get yourself as many options as possible to choose from before rosters are full for fall.

Comment

As always, just a little info from the clubs would be nice. Even if they give an offer they like to say rosters arent final and team placement is subject to change. Who wants to sign up not knowing what team they made? Crazy.

Comment

One if the real downsides of having so many different leagues and governing organizations is the inability to standardize tryouts.

It should be like med school admissions: all the tryouts at the same time with the kids and the clubs submitting preference lists and being matched up. If they can't get that organized, there should at least be a standard deadline for offers and acceptances.

My son is U14 and probably looking for a new team for next year. U15 season doesn't start until late-October and he has a tryout next week! It's unnecessary.

It's all designed to put max pressure on families to make decisions and give deposits.

If you have to stagger it, let the DA teams go first and then ALL the club teams go second, then the travel teams go third.

I'm sure someone will respond that I think this because my son is a loser or some such nonsense -- save your breath, nobody cares.

Comment

One if the real downsides of having so many different leagues and governing organizations is the inability to standardize tryouts.

It should be like med school admissions: all the tryouts at the same time with the kids and the clubs submitting preference lists and being matched up. If they can't get that organized, there should at least be a standard deadline for offers and acceptances.

My son is U14 and probably looking for a new team for next year. U15 season doesn't start until late-October and he has a tryout next week! It's unnecessary.

It's all designed to put max pressure on families to make decisions and give deposits.

If you have to stagger it, let the DA teams go first and then ALL the club teams go second, then the travel teams go third.

I'm sure someone will respond that I think this because my son is a loser or some such nonsense -- save your breath, nobody cares.

I'm honored to be the first response, so hear it is....take your own advice and "save your breath" and keyboard. your ideas (perhaps good ideas) will never, ever happen...ever. This is LI soccer culture...you are just gonna have to suck it up buttercup and accept it.

Comment

I'm honored to be the first response, so hear it is....take your own advice and "save your breath" and keyboard. your ideas (perhaps good ideas) will never, ever happen...ever. This is LI soccer culture...you are just gonna have to suck it up buttercup and accept it.
                        Fury FC looking to add players. Come on down

Comment

Fury FC looking to add players. Come on down
                          Which one ? I think there is a couple of different clubs.

Comment

Thank you for the well thought out response and very convincing argument.

Comment

Hi everyone - glad found this because it is the exact topic we were looking for information on.
                              Our club sent out offers to this year players asking for commitment ahead of the tryouts next week and we're confused on what to do. The roster for the teams will not be set until after tryouts finish and they do not say in the offer which team you're being placed on. Is that normal? This is our first year with a club and trying to figure out how to handle. They want the commitment within 3 days.

Comment

Hi everyone - glad found this because it is the exact topic we were looking for information on.
                                Our club sent out offers to this year players asking for commitment ahead of the tryouts next week and we're confused on what to do. The roster for the teams will not be set until after tryouts finish and they do not say in the offer which team you're being placed on. Is that normal? This is our first year with a club and trying to figure out how to handle. They want the commitment within 3 days.
                                never commit....its a farce...take your time....if they really like you they will take your kid anytime. all teams keep 1-2 spots open for walk ons. do not be suckered.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X