Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Vantucky Timbers have 90% of the top teams/players in Clark county. There are 1-2 one offs from salmon Creek but what they do isn’t sustainable.

Vantucky has top five teams at almost all ages in both state cups/leagues. This is even after they bleed to the Timbers and Thorns.

Examples would be the Boys ‘01’s and ‘02’s who both made semi finals of WSYSA State Cup.

This will be a better conversation in May. I think you will find Vantucky in the top four in most all of the OYSA state cup age groups where they have entered.

They do this despite that fact they have to dodge bullets during the week at harmony
    02B Red 1 played in the Presidents cup, not the state championship (State Cup) and made it out of bracket as a wildcard team.

Comment

Battle of the girls 03 FSSC and Timbers Red...........3/2/19 11:00am Harmony. Rumor has it that SC picked up a new goalie..................

Comment

Its really easy to understand. 20 years ago they had 1 advance comp club, and all select and rec teams. After a while people got egos/jealous and wanted to create their own to compete. That lead to FC Vancouver and then FCSC. Thats split up the talent they had. now we are in a mess of clubs competing for players.

I honestly understand both sides. Some people say the more clubs the better for competitions. Personally I think that its been terrible. Imagine vancouver with 1 club only for advance comp. They would have a top 5 team in WA and a top 5 club in oregon at every age group. (imagine combining all the top players from fCSC, Pacific and WA Timbers at every age group--- 2 great teams at each age)

But hey, Ego's and paychecks are a hell of a thing.
        1 Club in any area is a bad idea. Yes I agree that PfC and Scammin Creek are nothing but rec clubs that charge too much for an inferior product. Sad that parents are willing to pay the money to say “my kid plays on a “premier” team.” Note to this parent: YOUR KID DOES NOT PLAY ON A “PREMIER” TEAM!!! We are all laughing at you.

However clubs like this help to ensure clubs like ***C keep working on improving their product and keeping their cost at a level that appears reasonable. Although I think is still too high.

Comment

Battle of the girls 03 FSSC and Timbers Red...........3/2/19 11:00am Harmony. Rumor has it that SC picked up a new goalie..................
          New goalie?

Comment

Pacific has completely surrounded Scammin’ Creek. Pacific has grabbed all of the decent fields.
            Scammin Creek said they started a fundraising for a turf field last year. That has gone dead because they found out what it takes.

I think you’ll see Scammin Creek look to combine with another club soon

Comment

1 Club in any area is a bad idea. Yes I agree that PfC and Scammin Creek are nothing but rec clubs that charge too much for an inferior product. Sad that parents are willing to pay the money to say “my kid plays on a “premier” team.” Note to this parent: YOUR KID DOES NOT PLAY ON A “PREMIER” TEAM!!! We are all laughing at you.

However clubs like this help to ensure clubs like ***C keep working on improving their product and keeping their cost at a level that appears reasonable. Although I think is still too high.

FYI - only Salmon Creek charges too much for their inferior product, as their costs are similar to WaTimbers (but you get a lot less). Pacific FC is actually very affordable and the probably best value in Vancouver. You could state Pacific is an inferior product to WaTimbers, but that probably only applies if you're on the top team in an age group...for the remaining 90% of players I'd say they're comparable.

So, to recap, for players wanting to choose a Vancouver based club (IMO):

WaTimbers: probably the best option for a top 5-10% player. Reasonable option for the remaining 90% just a little more costly.
              Pacific FC: best value and good option for most players outside of the top %. Although, they do have a few teams playing in lower Premier levels, so if you are a top player and can play on one of those teams that may still be an option.
              Salmon Creek: not likely a good option for anyone unless they have a daughter playing on a team coached by TE

Comment

FYI - only Salmon Creek charges too much for their inferior product, as their costs are similar to WaTimbers (but you get a lot less). Pacific FC is actually very affordable and the probably best value in Vancouver. You could state Pacific is an inferior product to WaTimbers, but that probably only applies if you're on the top team in an age group...for the remaining 90% of players I'd say they're comparable.

So, to recap, for players wanting to choose a Vancouver based club (IMO):

WaTimbers: probably the best option for a top 5-10% player. Reasonable option for the remaining 90% just a little more costly.
                Pacific FC: best value and good option for most players outside of the top %. Although, they do have a few teams playing in lower Premier levels, so if you are a top player and can play on one of those teams that may still be an option.
                Salmon Creek: not likely a good option for anyone unless they have a daughter playing on a team coached by TE

Unfortunately not enough parents actually look at whats important and what your paying for. Whatever club you go to you will play roughly the same amount of games per year, so that part is pretty even across the board. What isn't talked about enough is the amount of training oppurtunities a year and the quality of the training (coaching and quality field/facilities) and getting your child on a team with like talent (regardless an A, B, C ect)

Looking at trianing Wash Timb red pools are getting anywhere from 90-120 sessions a year. All trianings on turf as part of player fees. Their White pools are getting around 60-80 training sessions a year with 1/2-2/3 of those on turf.

Pacific/FCSC are getting around 60-80. The amount of turf really depends on the team and time of year.

I think your assessment of the value is pretty good, but its more about what you want as a player/family. If you want lots of training and touches on the ball then Wash timbers is your value, it is more expensive than pacific but cost part on par with FCSC. You do get the most chances on quality surface. Like every club though it does depend who your coach is. They have gotten better at not having parent coaches, which is a positive, but just not enough quality in general across all oysa for coaches.

Pacific is a great bang for your buck (for most their teams). Great for families that have a lot going on that just want to enjoy playing. Too many parent coaches to me.

FCSC is the worst value of the bunch. You pay a lot for less training and worse fields. Coaches goes the same as the above- not enough good ones anywhere.

The biggest thing parents need to stop doing is judging the "value" of what they are paying based on what division/league your kids playing in. Thats not what you are paying for. You should be looking at the value that you are getting. Your child could be a B team player at 1 club and an A team player at another club, and both those teams could be in the 3rd division in OYSA. Thats why you should look at the other areas(coaching, training sessions , ect)

Comment

Unfortunately not enough parents actually look at whats important and what your paying for. Whatever club you go to you will play roughly the same amount of games per year, so that part is pretty even across the board. What isn't talked about enough is the amount of training oppurtunities a year and the quality of the training (coaching and quality field/facilities) and getting your child on a team with like talent (regardless an A, B, C ect)

Looking at trianing Wash Timb red pools are getting anywhere from 90-120 sessions a year. All trianings on turf as part of player fees. Their White pools are getting around 60-80 training sessions a year with 1/2-2/3 of those on turf.

Pacific/FCSC are getting around 60-80. The amount of turf really depends on the team and time of year.

I think your assessment of the value is pretty good, but its more about what you want as a player/family. If you want lots of training and touches on the ball then Wash timbers is your value, it is more expensive than pacific but cost part on par with FCSC. You do get the most chances on quality surface. Like every club though it does depend who your coach is. They have gotten better at not having parent coaches, which is a positive, but just not enough quality in general across all oysa for coaches.

Pacific is a great bang for your buck (for most their teams). Great for families that have a lot going on that just want to enjoy playing. Too many parent coaches to me.

FCSC is the worst value of the bunch. You pay a lot for less training and worse fields. Coaches goes the same as the above- not enough good ones anywhere.

The biggest thing parents need to stop doing is judging the "value" of what they are paying based on what division/league your kids playing in. Thats not what you are paying for. You should be looking at the value that you are getting. Your child could be a B team player at 1 club and an A team player at another club, and both those teams could be in the 3rd division in OYSA. Thats why you should look at the other areas(coaching, training sessions , ect)
                  My daughter also gets added training with older teams when she wants. At W-T-F-C you can train 5 days a week it is available at no extra cost. Do they offer that at any other local clubs?

Comment

So much for the new goalie

Vancouver rivalry ends as it usually does.

Wash t 03 vs salmon creek 03

2-0

Comment

Vancouver rivalry ends as it usually does.

Wash t 03 vs salmon creek 03

2-0
                      The fact you even are trying to judge them on results makes you the issue. It has nothing to do with this.

Comment

The fact you even are trying to judge them on results makes you the issue. It has nothing to do with this.
                        Haha

Sorry, but everyone knows salmon creek was all in on this game.

I suspect the game reflected more than results. 2-0 doesn’t lie

Comment

Lololololololololololol.

Scammin’ Creek is a club based on results. They have to win to keep and attract players. JF is all about winning and winning only. The only thing he wouldn’t do is sell his Rolex to win, unless it was his granddaughters team.

Comment

New goalie?
                            Salmon Creek new goal is actually Washington timbers red 03 old goalie who got tired of playing behind the other keeper who happens to go to the same school as she does and plays on the JV team.

Comment

Lololololololololololol.

Scammin’ Creek is a club based on results. They have to win to keep and attract players. JF is all about winning and winning only. The only thing he wouldn’t do is sell his Rolex to win, unless it was his granddaughters team.
                              Very true. Same for clubs like ADF. Winning is the only way to keep their base.

Comment

Only incompetent coaches pretend like winning doesn’t matter. The reality is that parents have no interest playing for a club who gets their ass kicked every weekend while their cosch obloviates about DEVELOPMENT.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X