Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to Florida

We are from Florida, moved to Texas and possibly moving back. I am trying to find out what the best soccer team for girls is in Florida.

Is ECNL better in Florida or DA? Here it is DA. My daughter has played both and is currently a DA player.

Thank you.

Need more info:
    Age and Area in Florida your moving to.

Not all of FL has DA or ECNL.

Comment

Take up golf , immediately

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        We are from Florida, moved to Texas and possibly moving back. I am trying to find out what the best soccer team for girls is in Florida.

Is ECNL better in Florida or DA? Here it is DA. My daughter has played both and is currently a DA player.

Thank you.
        Don’t” come back it’s shocking, and your daughter will be miserable it’s no where near the level your coming from.

Comment

ECNL in South Florida only exists in FC Prime or Sunrise Prime or whatever they call themselves now. They also have NPL and regular travel league teams. But majority of those teams are already set.

Weston is the only one that has DA for girls in the area.

To be honest and what the other poster stated, the level of girls soccer is much lower than from where you came from.

What part of florida are you moving too?

Comment

Thank you all for your replies, this is what I was concerned about. She is a starter on a top team and I do not want to ruin her just because we want to be back in Florida. We had not decided where in Florida we were moving to yet, we were basing it off soccer quite honestly. Sounds like we need to stay in Texas for awhile.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies, this is what I was concerned about. She is a starter on a top team and I do not want to ruin her just because we want to be back in Florida. We had not decided where in Florida we were moving to yet, we were basing it off soccer quite honestly. Sounds like we need to stay in Texas for awhile.
              Don’t do it again I repeat , we make mistake of coming back from California, while my child is a boy he has fallen off no doubt the coaching is not comparable, kids here have zero game understanding. It’s like going back 10 yrs! We travel all over Florida at da level, it’s bad on all levels. We have declined inter Miami after tryouts, and will return to California when school is out.

Comment

If she plays on a top team then your coach or DOC should be able to give you some guidance from competitive and coach stand point. Do not expect to get unbiased answer from TS.

Comment

Haha I agree! Can some delete this thread, I can’t figure it out?

Comment

Thank you for your reply! We were so excited about inter Miami! Even though I have a girl, it’s exciting getting a pro team in Miami.
                    I know responding after I said I wanted to delete, just didn’t want to be rude.

Comment

Just a quick question, does anyone know what you feed a troll?

Comment

If you're coming back for soccer, stay where you are. Texas teams are MUCH better than Florida teams... it is all kickball here. The only clubs that seem to be proper soccer are the three DA clubs and perhaps Armada depending on the age.

Comment

I know, right?

Comment

yeah your mama!!! LOL!!!

Comment

If you ever have time in Florida, visit the clubs during season and see how they practice. You can ask the DOC if you can have your daughter join a few practices to see how she likes it. But South Florida soccer clubs will vary from county to county. Best to stay in Texas where she is playing at a good club and looks like she is getting much better training than what we get down here.

Good Luck with your decision.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X