Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you can’t afford it to play somewhere else. Problem solved.
    Exactly. Nobody’s twisting any arms and there are plenty of other clubs.

Comment

Forced Fundraising - If your kid doesn't raise the money then yes...this is just another fee because they put it in your contract that you are responsible for it. Don't all clubs do this? I think we had to do two $300 fundraisers.

Travel - How do you avoid this?

Re-Purchasing Kits - This was a scam this year. The full kit isn't cheap either. I think it was $500.

New Balance - Don't use it...We don't.

Summer Camp - Not mandatory but emphasis is put on it. This year was a sweltering evening camp in Acton that was 10 days.
      bunch of unscrupulous con artists. Boston Bolts should be kicked out of the Development Academy for gouging their customers.

Comment

They nickel and dime you all year long. Travel costs? Check. Forced fundraising that they send out invoices for? Check. Re-purchasing kits because New Balance quality sucks and things fall apart? Check. Summer camp? Check.
        For an extra $100 dollars you can get a reach around from DC, while BA watches and coaches you through it.

Comment

bunch of unscrupulous con artists. Boston Bolts should be kicked out of the Development Academy for gouging their customers.

Other top club teams will cost quite a bit less even after all travel is done. I know this for a fact.

but, other club teams won't get you that D1 scholarship as easily as the DA will.

Is ECNL the same cost?

As for the Bolts.....how many scholarship players are there? Like everything else, they are charging more to those who can, or willing to, pay so that the unable players can play for free. This is the greatest thing for liberals.

As for BA...hmmmm...does he do anything anymore other than try to make his travel company profitable?

Comment

Other top club teams will cost quite a bit less even after all travel is done. I know this for a fact.

but, other club teams won't get you that D1 scholarship as easily as the DA will.

Is ECNL the same cost?

As for the Bolts.....how many scholarship players are there? Like everything else, they are charging more to those who can, or willing to, pay so that the unable players can play for free. This is the greatest thing for liberals.

As for BA...hmmmm...does he do anything anymore other than try to make his travel company profitable?
            ECNL isn't as much money because it is a shorter season (high school makes it cheaper). Although you do have two showcases which usually involves airfare (FL or CA, luckily its in PA this year and you can drive 6 hours on Memorial Day Weekend).

Comment

How much for Bolts NEP?
              I had two kids playing this year and it was between $2000-$2500 depending on their age. U10 and U14.

Comment

Forced Fundraising - If your kid doesn't raise the money then yes...this is just another fee because they put it in your contract that you are responsible for it. Don't all clubs do this? I think we had to do two $300 fundraisers.

Travel - How do you avoid this?

Re-Purchasing Kits - This was a scam this year. The full kit isn't cheap either. I think it was $500.

New Balance - Don't use it...We don't.

Summer Camp - Not mandatory but emphasis is put on it. This year was a sweltering evening camp in Acton that was 10 days.
                Total all in on ECNL this season is easily $10,000 (not counting miles on the car, food on travel games, etc). ECNL is a huge waste of money. Lost to all NPL teams we played. Such a joke...don’t let anyone try and convince you that ECNL is higher than NPL. All hype and zero value.

Comment

Total all in on ECNL this season is easily $10,000 (not counting miles on the car, food on travel games, etc). ECNL is a huge waste of money. Lost to all NPL teams we played. Such a joke...don’t let anyone try and convince you that ECNL is higher than NPL. All hype and zero value.
                  Other then those college commitments you mean.

Comment

If you're spending that much you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Other then those college commitments you mean.
                      Hahahahaha! College commits from ECNL...that's funny.

Comment

If you're spending that much you're doing it wrong.
                        I thought so...until I read the other thread and there are many others paying the same amount of money. (Airfare to two showcases, hotel, travel to 4 out of state away games, new Bolts kit, tuition, fundraisers, etc, etc).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X