X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Until they have better refs, no.
    Yes, the academy refs are stellar .... no mistakes there. A special bunch for sure.

Comment

Yes, the academy refs are stellar .... no mistakes there. A special bunch for sure.
      No ref is perfect; nor is any player or parent.

I do see less obvious errors and there is more structure. One ref I spoke to said reffing a DA showcase is the highlight of their season and are honored to make it. They get the honor based on their grades during the DA seasons.

Comment

WOW, i couldn't have said this any better. You are so right. My kids loved/and loving HS soccer, yet as they got older (10th to 12th grade) they disliked club soccer more and more. leading to celebrating when club ended after grade 12 (one played in college one may or may not?). Only reason they did it was to keep in shape for HS season. All of the coaches drama, team changes, taking more and more players one, going to "showcases" adn getting 10-15 min per half, traveling the east coast (did it with one, not with the other) and paying through the nose for what? for what? I just wish it didn't get so complicated in club, I think thats why they enjoyed school so much more. Just my experience. I know some of you really LOVE your club experience, well good for you! it just wasn't good for us.
        I agree with this completely.

Comment

few and far between for HS games. More like watching football, and that's just the girls

Comment

WOW, i couldn't have said this any better. You are so right. My kids loved/and loving HS soccer, yet as they got older (10th to 12th grade) they disliked club soccer more and more. leading to celebrating when club ended after grade 12 (one played in college one may or may not?). Only reason they did it was to keep in shape for HS season. All of the coaches drama, team changes, taking more and more players one, going to "showcases" adn getting 10-15 min per half, traveling the east coast (did it with one, not with the other) and paying through the nose for what? for what? I just wish it didn't get so complicated in club, I think thats why they enjoyed school so much more. Just my experience. I know some of you really LOVE your club experience, well good for you! it just wasn't good for us.
            Sounds like your son wasn't the type of player that should be targeted for that environment. Again, as you said, some love it and some don't. It's not for all. But, based on his experiences it looks like he was picked for his $$$, not on abilities. HS is the right place there.

Shame on clubs in these instances.

Comment

HS or not ?

I agree with this completely.
              if the kid enjoys playing with his friends...then HS is perfect atmosphere....If the kid is a true competitor he/she would not care where they play as long as they are competing and improving....a true competitor would do both!!!!!

Comment

if the kid enjoys playing with his friends...then HS is perfect atmosphere....If the kid is a true competitor he/she would not care where they play as long as they are competing and improving....a true competitor would do both!!!!!
                Being a True Competitor®️ sounds awesome. Where can I get that for my son?

Comment

HS or not ?

you don't buy it off the shelf amigo, every kid is different. its either in him or its not.

Comment

Try feeding him chicken from China and Beef from Mexico.

Comment

HS or not ?

Try feeding him chicken from China and Beef from Mexico.
                      i think raw meat works best!!!!!!

Comment

Sometimes it’s just the luck of the draw. I have one that would love to love school soccer but the group of kids is not enjoyable - fighting, critical, terrible atmosphere. Coach has little power to change it. So club is the where she finds social and soccer needs.

I have another with a great group of skilled kids on the school team. So club is not as much of a draw.

Both are very competitive and truly enjoy playing only when that competition it there. But this idea that high school is an experience a kid misses out on if they only play club is not true. It’s all about the team mates, the coaches, the environment - has to be the right fit all around.

Comment

Sometimes it’s just the luck of the draw. I have one that would love to love school soccer but the group of kids is not enjoyable - fighting, critical, terrible atmosphere. Coach has little power to change it. So club is the where she finds social and soccer needs.

I have another with a great group of skilled kids on the school team. So club is not as much of a draw.

Both are very competitive and truly enjoy playing only when that competition it there. But this idea that high school is an experience a kid misses out on if they only play club is not true. It’s all about the team mates, the coaches, the environment - has to be the right fit all around.
                          Was there any movement on DA rules for High School? I know a few kids were being told it might be lifted so they could do both.

Comment

Was there any movement on DA rules for High School? I know a few kids were being told it might be lifted so they could do both.
                            No. Keep wishing. USSF doesn't do much right, but even they aren't foolish enough to announce a lift on the ban AFTER tryouts are done. No way it goes away for this year. They'd have to allow it for the boys and the MLS clubs are against it.

Comment

No. Keep wishing. USSF doesn't do much right, but even they aren't foolish enough to announce a lift on the ban AFTER tryouts are done. No way it goes away for this year. They'd have to allow it for the boys and the MLS clubs are against it.
                              Ding dong the DA is dead in the NE. There will be 50% less players playing this league going forward.

Comment

Ding dong the DA is dead in the NE. There will be 50% less players playing this league going forward.
                                Too funny. If you come in here every day and type it, doesn't make it true

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X