Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You do that I’m sure she’ll
    Be a star

Except no one is watching her play

I spoke with an 04 pda white team
    Player last night ... yes ecnl

To date they have had 10 college coaches come to their events this season

My daughter plays 04 gda and in Colorado there was 94 top d1 schools that attend her 3 games

Which doesn’t include the coaches that came 2 and 3x

Duke
    Uva
    Va tech
    Penn state
    FSU

If you really want to know who’s struggling, check the ecnl
    B league next year

Because pda white 04 is in the regular ecnl this year and no one has shown up

What happens next year when the are in the north east npl ... umm I mean ecnl regional league

Lol

Buyer beware
    You do realize that those same schools will be at the PDA tournament this spring as well. Especially Duke, UVA, Penn State and VA Tech. They have all recruited ECNL players already. They go to see the best players who contact them. Erica at Penn State has a whole incoming class of ECNL players this summer

Comment

You do realize that those same schools will be at the PDA tournament this spring as well. Especially Duke, UVA, Penn State and VA Tech. They have all recruited ECNL players already. They go to see the best players who contact them. Erica at Penn State has a whole incoming class of ECNL players this summer
      What is stupid about all this back and forth is, it seems that both ECNL and DA both draw college coaches. So who cares where someone else's kid plays! Just make your choice and enjoy yourself. If your kid is good colleges will see her either way.

Comment

Has anyone noticed when something negative is said about STA, This thread gets buried by the Matchfit posts? Is that Tim's new job Since Shawn took over? Is he the new social media guy?

Comment

Has anyone noticed when something negative is said about STA, This thread gets buried by the Matchfit posts? Is that Tim's new job Since Shawn took over? Is he the new social media guy?
          LOL. Its funny because you obviously don't know Tim. He is Class. And STA as club is quality for boys and girls from all age groups and multiple skill levels
          Sounds like your a Matchfit parent (or Bucci himself) so I get it that you are tired of hearing the MF bashing but you know thats how people truly feel right? And there is good reason.

As for STA sure there is concern with DA and Cryer and Newman but they have been a respectable club for many years now. Trying to move into DA is a challenge but a guy like Tim is not a liar and a cheat like Bucci.

Comment

Let’s get back to ECNL RL. How many players have been recruited from ECNL RL or from its predecessor NE NPL by Penn or Duke? Zero.

How many of the college coaches venture outside of the main PDA fields where the non ECNL games are played? Also zero.

Comment

Let’s get back to ECNL RL. How many players have been recruited from ECNL RL or from its predecessor NE NPL by Penn or Duke? Zero.

How many of the college coaches venture outside of the main PDA fields where the non ECNL games are played? Also zero.
              Agree that the ecrl is a marketing ploy but can we stop with the Penn and Duke nonsense. The half dozen players a year going to play at Duke are great but that is not useful information for soccer families and serves no purpose. Always just shuts down useful conversations for nothing.

Comment

LOL. Its funny because you obviously don't know Tim. He is Class. And STA as club is quality for boys and girls from all age groups and multiple skill levels
                Sounds like your a Matchfit parent (or Bucci himself) so I get it that you are tired of hearing the MF bashing but you know thats how people truly feel right? And there is good reason.

As for STA sure there is concern with DA and Cryer and Newman but they have been a respectable club for many years now. Trying to move into DA is a challenge but a guy like Tim is not a liar and a cheat like Bucci.
                Before this year I would’ve agreed whole heartedly

But sc and JN bring out the worst in people

Only way to judge will be if he keeps his promises tomall
                Those recruited.

He is under a tremendous amount of pressure and has been telling people what they want to hear.

Which in the past he would never had done

I feel
                Bad for him because he did a great job at sta over the years and is a really nice job

But sohns soccer is no longer his boss

And new regime does things very differently

Ie 30 players rostered on psa 03 national group this season

Told parents there would be 20-22

Very matchfit like if you ask me

Make your own conclusions

Comment

Those recruited.

He is under a tremendous amount of pressure and has been telling people what they want to hear.

I feel
                  Bad for him because he did a great job at sta over the years and is a really nice job

Tim is not the same guy he used to be. Desperate times call for desperate measures

Comment

Those recruited.

I feel

We will have to see what happens next year. At this point its worth a shot. My D could care less about HS and is looking forward to DA. Lots of things to be concerned about but definitely worth trying. I know Tim is getting pushed from above to make this work but he is truly a good guy and I believe he wants the program to be successful.

What Newman needs to realize is the vast majority are taking the chance on DA because of Tim. If Tim was ever to leave many would follow. Including us.

Comment

Agree that the ecrl is a marketing ploy but can we stop with the Penn and Duke nonsense. The half dozen players a year going to play at Duke are great but that is not useful information for soccer families and serves no purpose. Always just shuts down useful conversations for nothing.
                      of course it does, because your ELITE league is really all bout mediocre. Dont want to talk about the kids that really are because it just re-inforces how far away from that so many of the other kids are.

Its actually VERY useful information for soccer families. Its just that so many dont want to hear it.

1.Your kid is not that good.
                      2. You can get in to 90 pct of these schools without soccer.
                      3. Your are paying a fortune to travel for the hope that a local school recruits you

Many other things i could type, but you get it.

These leagues suspend reality to keep taking your $$

Comment

of course it does, because your ELITE league is really all bout mediocre. Dont want to talk about the kids that really are because it just re-inforces how far away from that so many of the other kids are.

Its actually VERY useful information for soccer families. Its just that so many dont want to hear it.

1.Your kid is not that good.
                        2. You can get in to 90 pct of these schools without soccer.
                        3. Your are paying a fortune to travel for the hope that a local school recruits you

Many other things i could type, but you get it.

These leagues suspend reality to keep taking your $$
                        1. Kid is good. None of these kids are going pro and a tiny handful can play at duke
                        2. She can get into 95 or more pct of these schools without soccer.
                        3. Pay a fortune to travel to play at this level and hate it but do it like so many others.

Comment

1. Kid is good. None of these kids are going pro and a tiny handful can play at duke
                          2. She can get into 95 or more pct of these schools without soccer.
                          3. Pay a fortune to travel to play at this level and hate it but do it like so many others.
                          1. exactly. fro all teh $$$$ and time a tiny handful are really good

2. exactly

3. yes. this level, being pretty average and in no way reflective of the cost. It a reflection on the demographic its aimed at and how much they will pay for a fake golden ticket to a College. see the college admissions scandal for reference.

the actual quality of soccer played or kids developed is secondary to the purpose which is my objection the the elite label.

Comment

Let’s not forget that the duke coach in question - Erwin - is no longer at duke but is now at Indiana. And he was the reason why we had so many recruits from this area. Finally, let’s not forget where he came from before Duke.

Comment

Overheard at DA games this weekend were 2 NYCFC Mother’s talking about how Tim checks with them on who is allowed on the 03 DA team. Very funny to see who will be running the show there. One parent said to them “oh I heard so and so was offered a spot there” and one mother responded “not on the 03 team. He better not have taken her”.

Comment

Overheard at DA games this weekend were 2 NYCFC Mother’s talking about how Tim checks with them on who is allowed on the 03 DA team. Very funny to see who will be running the show there. One parent said to them “oh I heard so and so was offered a spot there” and one mother responded “not on the 03 team. He better not have taken her”.
                                I take it you saying parents will run the show?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X