Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, are you advocating that the government take more of our dollars for these concerns, and leaves us less for own enjoyment?
    Did not read anything about the government. I think the point was how much time and money is invested in youth sports for what pay off exactly. things seem out of wack. Sports are important but seem to consume resources beyond their worth.

Comment

Did not read anything about the government. I think the point was how much time and money is invested in youth sports for what pay off exactly. things seem out of wack. Sports are important but seem to consume resources beyond their worth.
      Who defines the "pay off"? "Worth"?

Comment

So you would rather have these kids hanging out on the street corner getting into trouble? Or sitting around playing Fortnite? How much would that cost society?

Comment

Who defines the "pay off"? "Worth"?
          that is on each family. feel a bit trapped in it with the first as it is hard to take it away once you start. knowing what i know now - younger ones will be living without it and i am sure they will be more then fine.

Comment

that is on each family. feel a bit trapped in it with the first as it is hard to take it away once you start. knowing what i know now - younger ones will be living without it and i am sure they will be more then fine.

All rankings are skewed but this one is better than Gotsoccer rankings.

Comment

All rankings are skewed but this one is better than Gotsoccer rankings.
              Not sure why anyone cares about GS?

Comment

Not sure why anyone cares about GS?
                Because every tournament uses Gotsoccer!

Comment

Most of you are morons. You can’t chase point in gotsoccer and they do use non-tournaments results. If you play in crap events you get no points. You win the top bracket at Jeff Cup, a surf Cup, etc. you get points. Those that say otherwise have no clue and are simpletons.

Comment

Most of you are morons. You can’t chase point in gotsoccer and they do use non-tournaments results. If you play in crap events you get no points. You win the top bracket at Jeff Cup, a surf Cup, etc. you get points. Those that say otherwise have no clue and are simpletons.
                    Now i’d Like you to explain the GPS Gotsoccer ponzie scheme that perpetuates their teams every year.

Comment

Youth Soccer Rankings has GPS U17 boys ranked #7.

FC Dallas is ranked #14. They would beat GPS 8-0.

Philadelphia Union is ranked #32. They would beat GPS 6-0.

Seattle Sounders are ranked #97. They would beat GPS 10-0. They just won the GA cup.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...pions-division
                      In general YSR is only accurate for a "somewhat open league" where "cross-league" play occurs. They are totally useless for comparison between closed leagues like you pointed out., but you could use them "within a league" if you'd ignore other noise.

Comment

You have no clue. You CAN chase points by going to a bunch of tournaments. If GS limited the amount of tourneys that a team could do, then I agree. Otherwise, I know some teams/clubs chase points. My kid's old team did it.

The DOC would say, we need to do this tourney so we can get more points. We were at tournaments all the time. And, since they won most, including Jeff Cup bracket, they accumulated enough points to be considered one of the top teams in the country; galaxy status I think, and only 2-3 kids from that team went on to play D1 soccer; many are playing a different sport in college.

And since ECNL doesn't rank in GS and DA/GDA can't compete at all, you don't get a true ranking of anything other than the teams that played ALOT of tourneys for points.

Comment

You have no clue. You CAN chase points by going to a bunch of tournaments. If GS limited the amount of tourneys that a team could do, then I agree. Otherwise, I know some teams/clubs chase points. My kid's old team did it.

The DOC would say, we need to do this tourney so we can get more points. We were at tournaments all the time. And, since they won most, including Jeff Cup bracket, they accumulated enough points to be considered one of the top teams in the country; galaxy status I think, and only 2-3 kids from that team went on to play D1 soccer; many are playing a different sport in college.

And since ECNL doesn't rank in GS and DA/GDA can't compete at all, you don't get a true ranking of anything other than the teams that played ALOT of tourneys for points.
                          You can’t get meaningful points at crap events. It’s just not the way the math works.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X