Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDP NJ Futures Festival 5v5

There appears to be no futures festival in NJ for U7/U8/U9 5v5 teams. Anyone know what happened and where these young groups are playing Spring 2019?

Check now, looks like they waited until almost the first day to post

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      There appears to be no futures festival in NJ for U7/U8/U9 5v5 teams. Anyone know what happened and where these young groups are playing Spring 2019?
      I used to help manage this process when I was team manager for our daughter's u8 and u9 teams. FYI, the way this works (the 5v5 festivals) is that there is no "formal" schedule for a season. The festivals are literally setup (in terms of teams and games) on a week by week basis. If you look at this page: https://www.edpsoccer.com/futures you will see that there are published festival dates from EDP. What happens then in the background is clubs can opt in or out on a weekly basis...and put in no teams, 1 team 3 teams, whatever they choose. The team coach or manager works directly with the EDP person managing the process and there is literally a spreadsheet that is out there that is published on the Wednesday or Thursday--typically Wednesday-- before the weekend (I can't recall the link but probably have it saved somewhere)

So, you will never see the kinda schedule that is out there for 7v7 league futures @ U10 or EDP league schedules at U11 and above. The purpose of the festivals is to provide the clubs a format where they can opt in or out based on what the needs are of the team/club and it's generally a very informal setup. When you arrive at the festival location the day of, you can go to the tent and literally get a paper handout showing your schedule. (this is printed from the master spreadsheet that is online) I can't recall if the spreadsheet is public facing or not but I used to be able to view it on a weekly basis to see who were were playing and stuff. I doubt this process has changed at all.

Comment

Cedar Stars Bergen

Can anyone give me any information about Cedar Stars Bergen? My son was accepted in to their 2011 Green Team. Any info is much appreciated!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X