Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Capital 01’s are a cautionary tale of what happens when the inmates run the asylum. If they had split into proper age groups their 02 team would have been stronger regionally than Vancouver. But they let parents run the show and decide the team formation policy. Which is why you see Vancouver 02 players committing to pac 12 schools and Capital players committing to Corban.
    You are forgetting that capital lost players to the thorns...should of stayed. Vancouver has no one that left. Player base, coaching change in Vancouver, Salem kept the same one, facilities, travel fatigue, all contribute.

If you think parents are the sole reason you are on to something but miss out on everything else.

Comment

Capital 01’s are a cautionary tale of what happens when the inmates run the asylum. If they had split into proper age groups their 02 team would have been stronger regionally than Vancouver. But they let parents run the show and decide the team formation policy. Which is why you see Vancouver 02 players committing to pac 12 schools and Capital players committing to Corban.
      Agree but from the outside Salem seems to chug happily along at 01, playing with their friends and being easy kings of the 01 mountain (ok, really, mole hill). If 90% are 02s, they all would’ve gone to the board and complained if they weren’t happy. Why didn’t they? On the other hand, the board should never have let the “inmates rule the asylum” because it was clearly not in the club’s or the player’s best interests. I’d argue that even the few 01s that this whole deal was orchestrated around, ultimately were hurt by it. At this point, it’s too late to right the ship and would be cruel to cut the few remaining 01s who aren’t seniors this year. ***c was smart to pull the bandaid off and go all birth year a few years ago. Their teams, including the 03s are doing very well. Salem’s 03 was sacrificed on the alter of a few 01 players and currently loses to small club B teams. Cautionary tale indeed.

Comment

Agree but from the outside Salem seems to chug happily along at 01, playing with their friends and being easy kings of the 01 mountain (ok, really, mole hill). If 90% are 02s, they all would’ve gone to the board and complained if they weren’t happy. Why didn’t they? On the other hand, the board should never have let the “inmates rule the asylum” because it was clearly not in the club’s or the player’s best interests. I’d argue that even the few 01s that this whole deal was orchestrated around, ultimately were hurt by it. At this point, it’s too late to right the ship and would be cruel to cut the few remaining 01s who aren’t seniors this year. ***c was smart to pull the bandaid off and go all birth year a few years ago. Their teams, including the 03s are doing very well. Salem’s 03 was sacrificed on the alter of a few 01 players and currently loses to small club B teams. Cautionary tale indeed.
        I know both teams and coaches (Previous Salem coach) I’m fairly certain ***c doesn’t do as well if they didn’t change coaches a few years ago. I also know that Salem team was trying desperately to cater to a few kids who would have been in a better spot then they are now or just the same. If they cut them loose earlier they would have been better. Old ***c coach did the right thing by letting a few kids go at the u12.

Comment

I don’t think any of these teams care about this league. I’m fairly certain in that.
          Only a few parents

Comment

I know both teams and coaches (Previous Salem coach) I’m fairly certain ***c doesn’t do as well if they didn’t change coaches a few years ago. I also know that Salem team was trying desperately to cater to a few kids who would have been in a better spot then they are now or just the same. If they cut them loose earlier they would have been better. Old ***c coach did the right thing by letting a few kids go at the u12.
            If the majority parents of the 02s on the old Salem 01/02 team didn’t speak up at the time, I guess they got what they deserve and must be happy with the sorry outcome. I know some 02s and 03s from the pre-birth year change Salem 03 team that won a couple of State Cups. Those on the old 02/03 team are the players that got the shaft big time. Everyone lost when an entire club caved to the wishes of a couple of players - even those few players lost in the deal.

Comment

So we now have a Salem 03 parent taking over the 01 thread to complain? Please make it stop. Nobody, I mean nobody, cares.

Comment

So we now have a Salem 03 parent taking over the 01 thread to complain? Please make it stop. Nobody, I mean nobody, cares.
                I have noticed we don't get much input from 01 Salem parents or 02 Vancouver parents. Just people who are in their orbit and know a little bit about them.

Comment

How does Corban compare to other non-D1 schools in Oregon? Not a bad local choice. Congratulations to any Oregon girl playing anywhere in college.

Comment

I think that the 03 parent should continue to post here. It is funny. I picture him/her frothing at the mouth.

Comment

I think that the 03 parent should continue to post here. It is funny. I picture him/her frothing at the mouth.
                      Other than CU, GPS & FCSC, the 03s are dead. Might as well post on the lively 2001 thread which will not die even tho the 2001 group is even more dead.

Comment

This thread is dead.

Unless you are from the FC Portland ECNL 2001 group and coming back to grovel over your 4th place OYSA finish, then this thread is d-e-a-d.

Comment

Where are ***c 02 committed to?

Comment

This thread is dead.

Unless you are from the FC Portland ECNL 2001 group and coming back to grovel over your 4th place OYSA finish, then this thread is d-e-a-d.
                            I don’t know who you are but I’m always humored by your posts

Comment

I don’t think any of these teams care about this league. I’m fairly certain in that.
                              Only a few parents

Comment

Only a few parents
                                Your mom

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X