X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2842897]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Do you feel the same way about Mental Health and drug addiction????

I ask because so many have themselves in a uproar over saving that 1 life from COVID, while each day there are MANY lives lost to MH and Drug addiction.

I wish politicians and citizens focused on that versus a virus....
    I'm about 99.99% sure the person who posted that "save 1 life" thing was being sarcastic.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2842899]

I'm about 99.99% sure the person who posted that "save 1 life" thing was being sarcastic.
      Did you write it? If so then Ok ,not a funny joke. If you didn't then how would one guess it was a joke. Many have said that same statement and were serious, Like Cuomo out of NY....

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2842988]

Did you write it? If so then Ok ,not a funny joke. If you didn't then how would one guess it was a joke. Many have said that same statement and were serious, Like Cuomo out of NY....
        If I wrote it, I'd be 100% sure. So no, it wasn't me. But anyone spouting that "if it saves one life" trope is almost certainly rolling their eyes when they say it. And if they ARE being serious, then they can be easily dismissed as being an idiot who doesn't merit a response. Or they're just trolling to get a response, in which case again, not worthy of a response.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2843015]

If I wrote it, I'd be 100% sure. So no, it wasn't me. But anyone spouting that "if it saves one life" trope is almost certainly rolling their eyes when they say it. And if they ARE being serious, then they can be easily dismissed as being an idiot who doesn't merit a response. Or they're just trolling to get a response, in which case again, not worthy of a response.
          Sarcasm or not, there are nut jobs out there that want every life saved no matter the consequence.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2843071]

Sarcasm or not, there are nut jobs out there that want every life saved no matter the consequence.
            Wearing a mask is a “consequence?” What has happened to Americans?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2843198]

They're now a bunch of progressive pvssies and conservative idiots who can't compromise on any topic and or use common sense.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2843198]

I have some hope for more rational, left leaning states. Ran into two die hard Trump loving friends the other day. I almost didn't recognize them because they were wearing masks 😷. They both said they don't understand what the big deal is about masks and believe they help. We didn't dive into anything more political than that other than to say thank goodness kids are back in school.

Comment

Any thinking adult knows that masks offer limited actual protection. They do offer the idea that one is doing something though. Masks are a crutch. Any thinking adult who looks at the data, with out being told what they should find in the data, can see that kids and healthy adults have virtually nothing to worry about. The media is squashing dissent, "alternative" ideas, anything that doesn't fit the "narrative." Again, any thinking adult has to wonder why.

Comment

Any thinking adult knows that masks offer limited actual protection. They do offer the idea that one is doing something though. Masks are a crutch. Any thinking adult who looks at the data, with out being told what they should find in the data, can see that kids and healthy adults have virtually nothing to worry about. The media is squashing dissent, "alternative" ideas, anything that doesn't fit the "narrative." Again, any thinking adult has to wonder why.
                    GREAT POST!!! The perspective and data is spot on. Look at the TRUE numbers, elderly (existing conditions) and unhealthy adults are the MOST likely to get a virus.

Comment

No worries. We have 47 days until this magically is no longer an issue. Just have to hang in there a bit longer and then the daily hand-wringing goes away.

Comment

GREAT POST!!! The perspective and data is spot on. Look at the TRUE numbers, elderly (existing conditions) and unhealthy adults are the MOST likely to get a virus.
                        They are not the most likely to GET it, they are more likely to become more ill and have serious complications from it. Anyone can get it. The virus doesn't care who the host is, but will react differently once it's attacking the host.

Comment

Really? Then why are cases going up in Europe? They don't have a presidential election coming up and it isn't going away there. Didn't cons claim Europe had developed herd immunity already? Guess not.

Comment

They are not the most likely to GET it, they are more likely to become more ill and have serious complications from it. Anyone can get it. The virus doesn't care who the host is, but will react differently once it's attacking the host.
                            Stupid people simply don't understand this important fact. And they can't fathom what a silent spreader is.

Comment

This post implies that there are no substantial immunological differences between people with respect to contracting the virus, just how symptoms and consequences manifest among those who do. This is not just slightly incorrect. There has been plenty of reporting on this subject (e.g., the relative contribution of B cells and T cells to immunity to SARS-CoV-2).

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2842893]

What's worth it? Locking our kids up and not letting them play?

27 people in the US died in 2019 from being struck by lightning....should we DEMAND all people stay in their homes if there's a chance of a lightning storm? Just like you said.....if we can save just 1 life it's worth it.....
                                You do know there are playing rules around lightning? From youth sports, to college and pro! There are lightning regulations! If you have lightning all day, then you don't play outside, all day. If you live in GA or FL, this is something people experience often. So what was your point?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X