Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is going on with the BOLTS?!?!?!?!

My son played for GPS last year. Despite their struggles, we had some of the best coaching to date at this club. We are now part of the BOLTS RDL team and I am an incredibly dissatisfied parent right now. Tonight at practice there were over 50 boys playing under the guidance of only 3 caoches. The skill level was huge. How are kids supposed to develop when they are playing kids well below their level and in masses? We came to this club under the impression that our son would be under the guidance of experienced coaches. We turned down other invitation because we were making a move for the coaching quality we were told would be provided and for the similarity of player skills on a team. Well, two of the more seniour coaches have slowly vanished since week 3 of practice and we are now under coaches that are just barely out of college themselves. I have friends in most major clubs around Boston and when we compare notes, the BOLTS are not doing right by these young RDL players. My spouse is ready to pull our son even if it means not playing club at all this season/year. Other parents are also very unhappy. It's such an impersonal environment at BOLTS. Advice on what we should do? Tried talking to DC about this in a PC way but I feel like his motivation is elsewhere not in individual player development or parent communication/customer service.

Unfortunately, I don’t think your experience is that unique this Fall. Tryouts were hit or miss, or not held at all. Some player and coach movement was forced due to the GPS collapse whereas other player and coach movement was stymied by the uncertainty of COVID 19. Clubs have taken on more marginal players for financial reasons which is impacting the technical development and experience for the other players.

I recommend reaching out to other clubs and having your son attend some of their practices. While you may be locked in to your current commitment start to look for another club which has good coaches, focus on player development, better transparency and communication.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Unfortunately, I don’t think your experience is that unique this Fall. Tryouts were hit or miss, or not held at all. Some player and coach movement was forced due to the GPS collapse whereas other player and coach movement was stymied by the uncertainty of COVID 19. Clubs have taken on more marginal players for financial reasons which is impacting the technical development and experience for the other players.

I recommend reaching out to other clubs and having your son attend some of their practices. While you may be locked in to your current commitment start to look for another club which has good coaches, focus on player development, better transparency and communication.

Good luck.
      I would agree. It almost seems that with little pushback from parents losing dues for an entire season and minimal refunds after said season, clubs know they can get away with anything. Our club, who will remain nameless, did the bare minimum For high school age players this summer to “make up” for the lost spring season. A few practices and a couple inter squad scrimmages was it. Barely enough to get players to resign before going completely dark, except for a flurry of emails for tryouts and other paid opportunities. We all know it’s about the money not player development but at least make an effort to pretend you care...

Comment

I would agree. It almost seems that with little pushback from parents losing dues for an entire season and minimal refunds after said season, clubs know they can get away with anything. Our club, who will remain nameless, did the bare minimum For high school age players this summer to “make up” for the lost spring season. A few practices and a couple inter squad scrimmages was it. Barely enough to get players to resign before going completely dark, except for a flurry of emails for tryouts and other paid opportunities. We all know it’s about the money not player development but at least make an effort to pretend you care...
        let me guess...SU?

Comment

I’m not with the Bolts but going through similar disappointments. I think clubs are taking advantage of parents post Covid. I know I thought supporting our club felt like the right thing in the moment but when the club doesn’t give back it’s time to move on. We are finishing the year to set the example for our kid you finish what you start (and pay for) but if I don’t feel like families are treated well at the end of year we will be done. Clubs might make it through this year but they will go under soon if they don’t change.

Comment

Take your kid to Juve since all the GPS boys coaches are there

Comment

My son played for GPS last year. Despite their struggles, we had some of the best coaching to date at this club. We are now part of the BOLTS RDL team and I am an incredibly dissatisfied parent right now. Tonight at practice there were over 50 boys playing under the guidance of only 3 caoches. The skill level was huge. How are kids supposed to develop when they are playing kids well below their level and in masses? We came to this club under the impression that our son would be under the guidance of experienced coaches. We turned down other invitation because we were making a move for the coaching quality we were told would be provided and for the similarity of player skills on a team. Well, two of the more seniour coaches have slowly vanished since week 3 of practice and we are now under coaches that are just barely out of college themselves. I have friends in most major clubs around Boston and when we compare notes, the BOLTS are not doing right by these young RDL players. My spouse is ready to pull our son even if it means not playing club at all this season/year. Other parents are also very unhappy. It's such an impersonal environment at BOLTS. Advice on what we should do? Tried talking to DC about this in a PC way but I feel like his motivation is elsewhere not in individual player development or parent communication/customer service.
              You played for a club that ripped the rug out from under you, was raided by federal agencies and then completely and publicly collapsed nationwide. Now you’re unhappy with any other soccer club? You need psychological help.

What age group are we talking about?

Are you truly surprised that a massive McClub failed so now their untalented players are clogging fields of other clubs?

Have you given thought to the fact that your child might no be that good?

Could it be that your club is loyal to the players that have been there a while and new players need to prove themselves and break through?

If you aren’t on a club’s top team you can expect issues, some big, some small.

You sound like a club hopping parent anyway. You’ll always be unhappy. Find some help.

Comment

You played for a club that ripped the rug out from under you, was raided by federal agencies and then completely and publicly collapsed nationwide. Now you’re unhappy with any other soccer club? You need psychological help.

Are you truly surprised that a massive McClub failed so now their untalented players are clogging fields of other clubs?

Could it be that your club is loyal to the players that have been there a while and new players need to prove themselves and break through?

You sound like a club hopping parent anyway. You’ll always be unhappy. Find some help.
                You're a dick. This parent has concerns about their kids playing environment and you are jumping to all kinds of conclusions. You have NO idea how good their son is or which team he is on. You don't know anything! You sound like the loser parent in all this.

Comment

What an idiot you are. Rdl is the bolts top team you absolute clown. Stay off the whiskey BA

Comment

Bolts rosters are all huge. Your son is a number, and the bolts have fallen into the greed trap. If you had the best coaching, go back to it.

Comment

Bolts rosters are all huge. Your son is a number, and the bolts have fallen into the greed trap. If you had the best coaching, go back to it.
                      GPS DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE! Reading comprehension is key!

Comment

GPS DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE! Reading comprehension is key!
                        Best coaching which tends to relate to an individual. Using your brain before you write is key.

Comment

let me guess...SU?
                          Well I didn’t say it but...

Bingo.

Comment

Best coaching which tends to relate to an individual. Using your brain before you write is key.
                            So people like you can crap all over them for following a coach??

Comment

What do they do if the coach they had at GPS is no longer coaching their age group, Einstein??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X