Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Totally a agree and it’s actually a sad state of affairs that so many would wish for the league to fail - give it a chance. We as consumers are all better off with competition, and the ECNL needs national competition because PDA has a monopoly in this area.

The other point I would like to add is at least the GA HS teams are actually PLAYING. School soccer at this point is up in the air or canceled for many and for those that do play it will be a watered down shortened season.

So say what you will but the ECNL aged HS teams in my area are not doing anything - meanwhile my kids GA team is offering 3 practices a week and scrimmages when we don’t have games on the weekend. There are many girls on her team that aren’t playing HS ball for various reasons and those that are playing HS ball don’t have to come to everything. It has been a win/win, and the team has been improving immensely.
    Why does the ECNL need a competing league because PDA has a monopoly? That is absolute garbage. If academies would actually train players instead of tossing them aside when a better one comes along maybe they could actually get ahead.

For the GA scrimmages, what a joke, ours has played mostly mid to low end EDP teams some of which we have multiple scrimmages on our schedule against.

GA has done nothing but up smoke and mirrors as to why they should be paid more. Tuition jumped almost a grand when DA came around and didn't go down at all when they created GA even though it's 1 less practice, no US Soccer backing and worse clubs to compete against.

Comment

A lot of wishful bull being tossed around. No one knows nothing and all posts are just trying to further their own agenda. Any parents who listen to this crap deserve to be taken to the cleaners.
      Here's what I know...
      My kid's ECNL team picked up the top 4-5 players from the local GDA clubs.
      In a friendly against a decent GAL team, my kid's team employed the mercy rule 5 minutes into the second half once it was 6-0.
      Aforementioned GAL team, is currently doing very well in GAL.
      Not trying to further any agenda, just stating facts.

Comment

Here's what I know...
        In a friendly against a decent GAL team, my kid's team employed the mercy rule 5 minutes into the second half once it was 6-0.
        Very on point and very accurate that is the difference between the two leagues now gap is even wider.

Comment

Why does the ECNL need a competing league because PDA has a monopoly? That is absolute garbage. If academies would actually train players instead of tossing them aside when a better one comes along maybe they could actually get ahead.

For the GA scrimmages, what a joke, ours has played mostly mid to low end EDP teams some of which we have multiple scrimmages on our schedule against.

GA has done nothing but up smoke and mirrors as to why they should be paid more. Tuition jumped almost a grand when DA came around and didn't go down at all when they created GA even though it's 1 less practice, no US Soccer backing and worse clubs to compete against.
          I heard GA was keeping the 4 days per week practice. Is that not true? NYSC was selling that trying to convince us to switch over from another club.

Comment

Here's what I know...
            What Gal team and age group. State facts please not stories.

Comment

Here's what I know...
              Of those 5 players that moved to ECNL are they now starting for the team. Are they playing more minutes now then when they were playing DA/GA? Were they just added to the roster to get to the max of 25? These are all important questions for people to understand the move to ECNL. The point being that a move to a better club/team is not necessarily a good move for the player if they are not a significant player who will play significant minutes on that ECNL team. Going to a showcase with 25 players and being told beforehand either your going to have to sit out a match or not come to the tournament has happened and continues to happen at ECNL Showcase events.

Comment

25? Really?

That's disgusting.

Comment

Looks like it’s going to be a long season for the cedar stars Monmouth 06 girls team
                  It might be but at least the girls who stayed will grow and become a real team when it really matters. Jumping from team to team will get those who left NOWHERE! I heard that the 4 who left to PDA are all back ups. Little did these parents know that PDA has had lightning and wolves since the dawn of 06 existence. They use the other PDA clubs as satellites funneling good prospects to PDA north. I'm sure if CSA took the best from Bergen and Monmouth; they would be considered a top team to play against in nj too!

Comment

I heard GA was keeping the 4 days per week practice. Is that not true? NYSC was selling that trying to convince us to switch over from another club.
                    STA practicing 4 days a week

Comment

People are saying the completion in the GA is really bad, that they won't add up to much. That being said, I read that a certain MF team played their first season game yesterday and walked away with a 12-1 win. Thats pretty impressive, and seems like the edp really is where all the talented kids went.... if anyone of you honestly can say winning a 12-1 game is really good soccer, you all need to get your heads examined. Bitch as much as you want about the GA. Bottom line is that its brand new, starting up right after a 5 month quarantine. EDP has been around forever and they are producing 12-1 games. Honestly, you all need to stop. Come back on in the spring and THEN bitch about whats going on. I'd really hate to be your kid and fail my first test in school for the year. Based on your observations, your kid sucks and should just give up. Don't give h/her the benefit of doubt to improve, just write them up as a loser. You all are ****ing crazy.....

Comment

People are saying the completion in the GA is really bad, that they won't add up to much. That being said, I read that a certain MF team played their first season game yesterday and walked away with a 12-1 win. Thats pretty impressive, and seems like the edp really is where all the talented kids went.... if anyone of you honestly can say winning a 12-1 game is really good soccer, you all need to get your heads examined. Bitch as much as you want about the GA. Bottom line is that its brand new, starting up right after a 5 month quarantine. EDP has been around forever and they are producing 12-1 games. Honestly, you all need to stop. Come back on in the spring and THEN bitch about whats going on. I'd really hate to be your kid and fail my first test in school for the year. Based on your observations, your kid sucks and should just give up. Don't give h/her the benefit of doubt to improve, just write them up as a loser. You all are ****ing crazy.....
                        12-1, Are you serious? That's disgusting. I'm willing to bet all the parents walked away from that game all proud of the girls. Thats not even close to being a good game.

Comment

GAL is not a brand new league. It's GDA 2.0. Stop defending the indefensible.

Comment

Very few clubs outside of PDA are consistently producing (no arguments from here on recruitment or any other non-development from PDA) good rosters at every age group. There are very good individual teams in EDP/USYS and GA, but I would guess not very many clubs in either of those leagues are at a high level. You need to make a judgement call at the end of the spring season - where does your kid's team (not club) fit in, are they getting the right development, and are they playing competitive games. I think parents will vote with their wallet at that time. If I was traveling and staying in hotel rooms for my daughter's team to beat up other teams 5-0 all the time then I would maybe lean towards no.

Comment

12-1, Are you serious? That's disgusting. I'm willing to bet all the parents walked away from that game all proud of the girls. Thats not even close to being a good game.
                              That certain MF team are 09s playing a year up and a format up @11v11 in the top flight of EDP but the score is disgusting. Way to crowbar MF Shore into the GAL thread .. Good job Daddy Juice Box.

Comment

Are scores posted somewhere for EDP league games ? I’m interested to see how the new Dynamite teams performed . I assume they would dominate play . In their respected age brackets .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X