Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The comments above are not true and likely made by rival coaches from another club, we have a daughter who plays for NE Surf. Excellent coaching at a very high level on the girls side (former GPS, high school and women’s college coaches), the girls love and respect the coaches and many of the high level players at 07-09 followed them from GPS. I have never heard of or been told a story about this type of coaching at Surf or by these coaches at prior clubs, just not true and really unfortunate that parents can’t come on here for accurate information. The 08s practice at Fessenden and the 10s practice there or Metrowest area.
    Well since Surf is mostly GPS what do you expect for an answer and how ironic where you train looks familiar doesn't it? This is a biased report and do you really think coaches are on here commenting on other clubs I would hope they have better things to do.......it's mostly angry Dads who live thru their kids

Comment

The assume the coaches who are screaming are with RI Surf not NE.
      RI Surf parent. Neither of the two teams my kids play for first that description. And they coach multiple teams, so it's probably not true for those teams either.

Comment

Well since Surf is mostly GPS what do you expect for an answer and how ironic where you train looks familiar doesn't it? This is a biased report and do you really think coaches are on here commenting on other clubs I would hope they have better things to do.......it's mostly angry Dads who live thru their kids
        Wouldn’t it be great if I could say positive things about a club and you could do the same without resorting to these types of negative unfounded comments? The fact that many families on the girls side have had very positive coach and team experiences with both GPS and NE Surf is backed up by the number of top team players that went to Surf despite having the opportunity to go to other clubs. Also, read any post that names coach initials and gives personal info about them and then tell us that coaches don’t post on here.

Comment

Wouldn’t it be great if I could say positive things about a club and you could do the same without resorting to these types of negative unfounded comments? The fact that many families on the girls side have had very positive coach and team experiences with both GPS and NE Surf is backed up by the number of top team players that went to Surf despite having the opportunity to go to other clubs. Also, read any post that names coach initials and gives personal info about them and then tell us that coaches don’t post on here.
          Wouldn't it be great if you didn't have an agenda here like most do? You must be new or very naive there are no positive posts here everyone bashes. You laid out everything and so for that you are open to criticism. Everyone knows you're from GPS no one cares about that club or the coaches who got the shaft from crappy ownership.

Comment

surf

tough to say one team is better when the game was decided on penalty shots. ne surf outshot ri surf by a lot. r.i only had 1 good scoring chance. can't say a team is better without watching the game.

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if you didn't have an agenda here like most do? You must be new or very naive there are no positive posts here everyone bashes. You laid out everything and so for that you are open to criticism. Everyone knows you're from GPS no one cares about that club or the coaches who got the shaft from crappy ownership.
              Sharing your own positive experiences as a parent that are directly relevant in response to a question from another parent is not an agenda.

Comment

The comments above are not true and likely made by rival coaches from another club, we have a daughter who plays for NE Surf. Excellent coaching at a very high level on the girls side (former GPS, high school and women’s college coaches), the girls love and respect the coaches and many of the high level players at 07-09 followed them from GPS. I have never heard of or been told a story about this type of coaching at Surf or by these coaches at prior clubs, just not true and really unfortunate that parents can’t come on here for accurate information. The 08s practice at Fessenden and the 10s practice there or Metrowest area.
                Another happy NE surf parent here writing in support of the club. My advice would be to visit a practice + watch a game for each club you are interesting to get a feel for the style of coaching / level of play and see if it fits what you are looking for. This was our plan for the spring but Covid got in the way. We rolled the dice on Surf based on several factors important to us and not regretting it yet. I’ve seen nothing but professionalism from our coach and other coaches at the club.

Comment

Another happy NE surf parent here writing in support of the club. My advice would be to visit a practice + watch a game for each club you are interesting to get a feel for the style of coaching / level of play and see if it fits what you are looking for. This was our plan for the spring but Covid got in the way. We rolled the dice on Surf based on several factors important to us and not regretting it yet. I’ve seen nothing but professionalism from our coach and other coaches at the club.
                  Thanks Dad appreciate the support but you don't have to keep posting under disguise of another parent

Comment

Thanks Dad appreciate the support but you don't have to keep posting under disguise of another parent
                    Again with the cynicism and again not true.

Comment

Again with the cynicism and again not true.
                      Ok then how about Thanks Coach keep beefing up the roster

Comment

Okay then which club has the best coaches in New England? Lot's of club bashing but how does a parent even know if a club like Surf has bad coaching. Sure we can ask around but that only gets you info from the clubs the parents had experiences with. Now that so many coaches left and went to SURF a parent really is in the dark of which club has really good coaching.
                        NE Revs right? MLS club, have to be attracting the best players and coaches...

Comment

NE Revs right? MLS club, have to be attracting the best players and coaches...
                          Nope. Total misconception. In fact, far from it.

Comment

Nope. Total misconception. In fact, far from it.
                            Nope only surf does that read the thread

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X