Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NE Surf vs RI Surf

Hello. Surf is new to me as it is to this area. I am hearing a lot about SURF these days. Which club has better coaching and teams? I know RI Surf is based out of RI, duh, but where is New England Surf playing out of. Starting to look at both but having a hard time finding locations and since we live in Taunton trying to see which is better for us. We have a 2010 daughter and 2008 daughter currently playing club.

I see RI Surf beat NE Surf in NH. Maybe they are better?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I see RI Surf beat NE Surf in NH. Maybe they are better?
      That is your measure of 'better'...you are a moron

Comment

Hello. Surf is new to me as it is to this area. I am hearing a lot about SURF these days. Which club has better coaching and teams? I know RI Surf is based out of RI, duh, but where is New England Surf playing out of. Starting to look at both but having a hard time finding locations and since we live in Taunton trying to see which is better for us. We have a 2010 daughter and 2008 daughter currently playing club.
        this thread is obviously started by a surf coach. So we are suppose to believe that you come on ts to get commentary on the club? OKIE DOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is my commentary I wouldn't go to Surf if they paid my daughter. They have the worst coaches in the history of club soccer. Buddy try asking in your town. Thry yell and berate their kids and I've actually herd a coach tell a young player that they were benched next game. TERRIBLE CLUB!!!!!!!!

Comment

horrible club to join unless you want your child to get yelled at constantly. We have friends at Surf already looking to leave the club after 2 months of abuse.

Comment

horrible club to join unless you want your child to get yelled at constantly. We have friends at Surf already looking to leave the club after 2 months of abuse.
            Really? Okay but which Surf is treating players poorly? NE or RI. OP here, I am not a coach I am a real parent. And is it the boys or girls coaches who are bad.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
              this thread is obviously started by a surf coach. So we are suppose to believe that you come on ts to get commentary on the club? Okie dokie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is my commentary i wouldn't go to surf if they paid my daughter. They have the worst coaches in the history of club soccer. Buddy try asking in your town. Thry yell and berate their kids and i've actually herd a coach tell a young player that they were benched next game. Terrible club!!!!!!!!
              +10000!!!!

Comment

Okay then which club has the best coaches in New England? Lot's of club bashing but how does a parent even know if a club like Surf has bad coaching. Sure we can ask around but that only gets you info from the clubs the parents had experiences with. Now that so many coaches left and went to SURF a parent really is in the dark of which club has really good coaching.

Comment

Scorpions started a south region at Forekicks Taunton. The 08 also could try out for their 08 ECNL National or Regional team depending on her ability.

Comment

Really? Okay but which Surf is treating players poorly? NE or RI. OP here, I am not a coach I am a real parent. And is it the boys or girls coaches who are bad.
                    Theres a hot head on the girls side

Comment

Theres a hot head on the girls side
                      My girls are 2008 and 2010, is the hot head from NE or RI and is he one of those teams?

Comment

If you're coming on here asking about things like this, and you are NOT affiliated with the club, then you just haven't been around this board long enough to know better. All you're going to get are skewed comments from competing club coaches and/or parents. Some of the comments are laughable. Just an example: When a club hasn't yet played a single league match since forming, how has someone already heard a coach yelling at a player about benching them?

Comment

The comments above are not true and likely made by rival coaches from another club, we have a daughter who plays for NE Surf. Excellent coaching at a very high level on the girls side (former GPS, high school and women’s college coaches), the girls love and respect the coaches and many of the high level players at 07-09 followed them from GPS. I have never heard of or been told a story about this type of coaching at Surf or by these coaches at prior clubs, just not true and really unfortunate that parents can’t come on here for accurate information. The 08s practice at Fessenden and the 10s practice there or Metrowest area.

Comment

The assume the coaches who are screaming are with RI Surf not NE.

Comment

My girls are 2008 and 2010, is the hot head from NE or RI and is he one of those teams?
                              Neither, the comment is not true. You should contact the DOCs and have your kids visit a practice and chat with the parents to get a gist of the club and team. The primary posters on this site are disgruntled coaches unfortunately.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X