Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't have an issue with your top group. Those teams all have shown that they belong in the top group. The second group is where we'll see alot of movement. Alot of those second group teams should be at or near the top of their EDP Futures Flight. New teams and some other teams can crack the top twenty like Match Fit 2011, Kearny Thistle Dynamo, PSA Princeton Elite, & FC Copa Millstone Black. The third group can easily jump into the top twenty. Local travel teams like Arsenal from North County, Springfield from Morris County, Swedesboro-Woolwich from SJSL, Old Bridge Riptide from MOSA and Titanes Chicharitos can make a 25-40 group.

Should be fun to watch. This year has good quality.
    The 2011 Titanes team is good but I don't think they're in EDP this fall. Do you know where they'll play?

Comment

no sweat - 2011s teams could be listed after 10 calendar matches.
      I expect that we won't get many listing until mid-Fall or season's end
      I don't know about this year since EDP won't publish u9 or u10 results anymore.

Comment

Has any team even beat the Centercourt (Football Academy team). Who is ranking them that low? Surely they have to be top? Those teams in the top 5, they beat comfortably with 2012s playing and mixing positions. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong but they beat STA comfortably every time they play them
        If the Football Academy team is mainly the same kids as last year's CenterCourt team, then I think they'll be one of the best in the area.

Comment

Lol @ these rankings... Iron Bound Force has never played in the top bracket until this season. Red Bulls have only played one tournament since the team was put together. I think the rankings will be more realistic until the season is over. Right now these are silly predictions. Also Centercourt Green (FA Black) would smash every team on that list besides CSA Bergen and Union.
          Ironbound won the EDP north fall 2019 B flight so they definitely deserve to be in the A flight this fall.

That said, I think they're one of the weaker teams in the A flight along with Union and Torpedoes.

Comment

The 2011 Titanes team is good but I don't think they're in EDP this fall. Do you know where they'll play?
            Titanes Cicharitos is scheduled for Flight 1 in Mid Jersey YSA.

Comment

I don't know about this year since EDP won't publish u9 or u10 results anymore.
              Where did you see / hear this?

Comment

Where did you see / hear this?
                EDP made the original announcement on their website that they would no longer post standings for the U9 & U10 Futures groups. It was to take effect Spring 2020, and we know how that went. EDP has maintained the policy for Fall 2020 and most likely going forward.

Comment

Ironbound won the EDP north fall 2019 B flight so they definitely deserve to be in the A flight this fall.

That said, I think they're one of the weaker teams in the A flight along with Union and Torpedoes.
                  Union recently beat STA at Tuckahoe.

Comment

Union also tied the Red Bulls and did not advance due to goal diferential so yeah I wouldn't make any assumptions.

Comment

Union also tied the Red Bulls and did not advance due to goal diferential so yeah I wouldn't make any assumptions.
                      When I said I thought Union would be one of the weaker A flight teams, I based it only on the fall 2019 standings - I think Union only beat the team that placed last and got relegated.

I saw the 2011 Union team play a few times and they're very good but the 2011 A flight seems very strong and very deep. I predict Union places in the lower half but not the bottom.

Comment

When I said I thought Union would be one of the weaker A flight teams, I based it only on the fall 2019 standings - I think Union only beat the team that placed last and got relegated.

I saw the 2011 Union team play a few times and they're very good but the 2011 A flight seems very strong and very deep. I predict Union places in the lower half but not the bottom.
                        It will be a tough road for Union Selecao Red - they have played lots of games and have played up in tournaments. They open with Ironbound, NY Red Bulls, FA Black and then CSA Bergen. IMO that is the toughest opening month of any NJ 2011 team.

They have played on the fringe of skill and yellow cards for a long time. Let's see how they do.

Comment

CSA Monmouth

Csa monmouth boys are a little low in the rankings imo
                          CSA Bergen II beat the CSA Monmouth team in a scrimmage by a lot. Just not sure if they have an A/B team there?

Comment

Ironbound

CSA Bergen barely beat Ironbound at the tournament, I think they will be fine in the A Group

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2836477]It will be a tough road for Union Selecao Red - they have played lots of games and have played up in tournaments. They open with Ironbound, NY Red Bulls, FA Black and then CSA Bergen. IMO that is the toughest opening month of any NJ 2011 team.

They have played on the fringe of skill and yellow cards for a long time. Let's see how they do.[/QUOT

Selecao Blue is the top team not the Red.

Comment

EDP made the original announcement on their website that they would no longer post standings for the U9 & U10 Futures groups. It was to take effect Spring 2020, and we know how that went. EDP has maintained the policy for Fall 2020 and most likely going forward.
                                Thanks for that info. I hadn't seen or heard that. I'm not a fan of that decision, but it is what it is, I guess. Not posting scores doesn't make everyone a winner. It only delays the inevitable and makes it harder for parents to make informed decisions regarding teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X