Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Covid college recruiting landscape like ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Increases significantly the diversity of women's athletic scholorships cohort. Not sure why people would be against this? This is not an easy achievment. Not political in the slightest, just information.
    Soccer is NOT a diverse sport. It's a lot of middle to upper income suburban white kids.
    Better shot with track and field and basketball. In fact Brown was going to cut their men's track and field until the realized that hurt them with diversity.

Comment

Diversity quotas and affirmative action are blatantly racist ideas.

Comment

Diversity quotas and affirmative action are blatantly racist ideas.
        Your white privilege is showing. If you need reading material so you don’t make ignorant statements ask your black friend.

White women have benefited the most from affirmative action !!

Comment

Soccer is NOT a diverse sport. It's a lot of middle to upper income suburban white kids.
          Better shot with track and field and basketball. In fact Brown was going to cut their men's track and field until the realized that hurt them with diversity.
          Actually Futbol is very diverse. Club soccer in the US is not.

Comment

Wow, you sound pompous yourself. Actually no privilege. Whole team changing due to (+) covid results. So taking a year so that she can actually play the game she has trained to play at the college level for the last six years. Yes, privileged. (insert eye roll)
            You made my point, thank you!

Comment

You made my point, thank you!
              he did and doesn't even realize it 🙄 😄. How many families can afford a year of prep school just to play sports? Does the poster not know many prep schools are only playing scrimmages and also could get shut down with covid outbreaks? Is his kid going to college for school or soccer? You should only do a PG year if you're not ready academically for college.

Comment

Actually Futbol is very diverse. Club soccer in the US is not.
                Most of our diversity issues are in the northeast. Our conference has made it clear we need to adjust. All conference schools were in agreement on a five year plan with focus on leveling the womens college scholarship opportunities as the highest priority. The numbers are glaring and unavoidable. This may entail increased recruiting outside of the Northeast. Maybe track and field can help with the balance. Internationals are another avenue. As stated very challenging. Even our conference Northeast womens basketball participation is below our anticipated standards.

Comment

Has "the coach" explained to his employer that there are few female athletes of color in many US college sports? Basketball and track are the heavy hitters, a little bit in soccer and softball. Golf, rowing, even gymnastics tend to skew white because they tend to skew higher income families, who in turn are more likely to be white.

Comment

Has "the coach" explained to his employer that there are few female athletes of color in many US college sports? Basketball and track are the heavy hitters, a little bit in soccer and softball. Golf, rowing, even gymnastics tend to skew white because they tend to skew higher income families, who in turn are more likely to be white.
                    So sorry your crumb crasher is bringing up the rear in life. Must absolutely stink to believe that the skin color you gave them and the smallness of your wallet are the only things that destine them to a life of servitude. I feel for you. Life always comes down to how you view obstacles. In your case you clearly think you and yours are victims. I truly am sorry you are so limited by the world you see. My bairn doesn't suffer from those problems. We never taught them to see challenges as obstacles nor to think that they were due opportunities simply because of their color, their gender or the size of my wallet. Mine have always thrived on challenges and created opportunities for themselves. The soccer scholarship they received opened doors that they walked through and capitalized on. When you look at the world as half empty it is truly amazing just how prosperous you can become.

Comment

So sorry your crumb crasher is bringing up the rear in life. Must absolutely stink to believe that the skin color you gave them and the smallness of your wallet are the only things that destine them to a life of servitude. I feel for you. Life always comes down to how you view obstacles. In your case you clearly think you and yours are victims. I truly am sorry you are so limited by the world you see. My bairn doesn't suffer from those problems. We never taught them to see challenges as obstacles nor to think that they were due opportunities simply because of their color, their gender or the size of my wallet. Mine have always thrived on challenges and created opportunities for themselves. The soccer scholarship they received opened doors that they walked through and capitalized on. When you look at the world as half empty it is truly amazing just how prosperous you can become.
                      Feel better about yourself now? Because that's all that post was. Dad of the year award to you.

Poster merely described the reality that many female college sports are not heavily populated by people of color. Several are sports of affluence, and in this country race and income are heavily intertwined.

Comment

Feel better about yourself now? Because that's all that post was. Dad of the year award to you.

Poster merely described the reality that many female college sports are not heavily populated by people of color. Several are sports of affluence, and in this country race and income are heavily intertwined.
                        This. Just like lower SAT scores and lower grades/less challenging courses being ignored by college admissions committees for “affirmative action” admissions (see federal lawsuit against Yale and the lawsuit against Harvard), we’ll see lessor soccer players getting scholarahips just because of their skin color. Disgusts me on every level... not a meritocracy at all.

Comment

Parents like you disgust me. You apparently think your kid is deserving of things regardless of their ability and effort. The world has never been fair and people like you who want to to complain because their kids don’t have what it actually takes to rise to the top are the root cause of the civil unrest we now see daily before us.

Comment

The ignorance and racism on this thread is disheartening. I feel for every player of color who has to be on a team with their offspring. Can you imagine the indignities that they have to go through at practices, games and team trips? The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Sad.

Comment

The ignorance and racism on this thread is disheartening. I feel for every player of color who has to be on a team with their offspring. Can you imagine the indignities that they have to go through at practices, games and team trips? The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Sad.
                              Amusing. Some folks define things simply by skin color no matter what and that’s not racism but failing to give the roughly 13% of our population special advantages because of their skin color is. What a screwed up way of looking at the world. Statistically speaking based on the minority percentages in this state you would only expect to see 1 black kid on your average youth soccer team in this state. The actual problem if you want call it that is many of the towns in this state are not anywhere near as diverse as the state average of 8% and those are the town’s that produce the bulk of club soccer players. Thats not a racial thing it’s an economic thing. The 1 percenters tend to live in those towns and 1% of 8% ain’t many but you can keep blasting away calling everyone racist if you like.

Comment

Parents like you disgust me. You apparently think your kid is deserving of things regardless of their ability and effort. The world has never been fair and people like you who want to to complain because their kids don’t have what it actually takes to rise to the top are the root cause of the civil unrest we now see daily before us.
                                Yet again you're letting your emotions getting the best of you. It's merely a statistical fact about representation of minority groups in certain sports. Nor does it mean coaches are recruiting to improve their diversity. Coaches keep their jobs based on performance; they take athletes that help them win. Just because some supposed coach claims that it is happening on an anonymous chat board doesn't mean it is happening. Unless of course you're the supposed coach, since you sure do have a lot of anger - did your white athlete get passed over in some perceived injustice?

Even consider basic logic - how much will a school's diversity figures improve if the athletic department gets five more minority athletes next year? It doesn't.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X