Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is DPL happening?? This is getting ridiculous!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Now that DA is gone and nervous club directors quickly started GAL they totally sacrificed the DPL so GAL could start.

DA gone For good
    DPL most likely gone this fall For good
    GAL Most likely gone this spring for good

Way to go. 3 strikes and you are all sent back to NEP or maple!
    MAPLE would be great at this point! Oh how we long for the good old days of maple soccer...

Comment

NEP or maple would be amazing. Anything somewhat local and anything with an actual schedule.

Comment

If our coach told us tomorrow that DPL is done and we're back to NEP and back to, you know, having a schedule, I might do a cartwheel.

Comment

If our coach told us tomorrow that DPL is done and we're back to NEP and back to, you know, having a schedule, I might do a cartwheel.
          Same. Plus the 16 other parents on my kid’s team.

Comment

NEP schedule is out and DPL teams have schedules as well.

Comment

NEP schedule is out and DPL teams have schedules as well.
              Not sure what you mean. DPL is not part of NEP. There is no DPL schedule currently.

Comment

if DPL was only ever a place for DA second teams to play, why would it continue when DA is gone? GA is its own thing and never needed to also prop up a second league.

Comment

if DPL was only ever a place for DA second teams to play, why would it continue when DA is gone? GA is its own thing and never needed to also prop up a second league.
                  The club's feeder teams wanted to be out of NEP as well, so this was the result.

Comment

The club's feeder teams wanted to be out of NEP as well, so this was the result.
                    I wish we went back to the old days of NPL. All the new leagues, ECNL, DA, EDP, etc all just made things way too confusing. My kid might lose the fancy patch on her shirt but honestly, who cares.

Comment

Not sure which club you're in, but some of the clubs that moved from NEP were forced to do so by NEP. Some of the new clubs that formed were not let into NEP for whatever reason, and some of the coaches that left, most for valid reasons, were barred from coaching in the NEP because of the leagues non-compete by-laws . The politics of clubs still in NEP, are the root of many of these problems.

Comment

Still no schedule....

Are they planning to start next weekend?

Comment

Still no schedule....

Are they planning to start next weekend?
                          In my opinion looks like the clubs are only concentrating on the GAL teams. Dont really care about DPL. Wait to DPL players start leaving.

Comment

In my opinion looks like the clubs are only concentrating on the GAL teams. Dont really care about DPL. Wait to DPL players start leaving.
                            Sadly, I agree. I could understand if the league cancelled and they were trying to put something together for scrimmages or something, but to just not communicate is awful. We were initially told next weekend was the start. But doubtful at this point. I'm so disappointed in the lack of communication from our club

Comment

The problem is that, at this point, it will be difficult for those players to find a spot on a comparable team at this point, I would assume.

Comment

At SSS 2 Years ago DPL was pitched very hard to the entire club. Now the DPL players are in no mans land and SSS had forgotten totally about them. Parents and girls have no clue what is going on. Sad!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X