Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is DPL happening?? This is getting ridiculous!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what clubs and some parents don’t seem to realize is that most parents could care less about the league. It’s just a bunch of letters and we don’t care. We want competitive, close to home and our kid to be getting better.

Comment

What is the DPL?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        And what clubs and some parents don’t seem to realize is that most parents could care less about the league. It’s just a bunch of letters and we don’t care. We want competitive, close to home and our kid to be getting better.
        Judging by the amount of negative comments on here that filter into every thread regarding one particular league, I'd say for parents the league absolutely matters. Not sure why, but to them it is quite obviously a very large concern.

Comment

What is the DPL?
          JAL-Just another league - and unfortunately now that DA folded sooooo quickly and club directors needed to save face and switched over to the GAL-an afficiliation of DPL, the league will be thrown out with the trash. There is no more DPL. The GAL has taken over and has no need for the DPL.

Comment

Judging by the amount of negative comments on here that filter into every thread regarding one particular league, I'd say for parents the league absolutely matters. Not sure why, but to them it is quite obviously a very large concern.
            True. League seems to matter a lot to some. Maybe it's just us parents who have kids on B teams and are fine with that who don't care. I know our club acted like DPL was a step up but it's not and we don't care. Could have stayed in NEP and been just as happy. Well, happier because I'd have a schedule!

Comment

How would DPL work at this point? No games allowed in RI so no home games for Bayside. But RI people also aren't allowed in MA so they can't play any of those teams in MA. ME isn't allowing MA people without covid testing. ME and NH teams can play in MA but probably don't want to with the rules. Other than NH hosting every game, and who cares to drive there constantly, what is even the answer?

Comment

Yes to the parents on this thread. But my guess is only 5% of soccer parents even know this website exists.

Comment

How would DPL work at this point? No games allowed in RI so no home games for Bayside. But RI people also aren't allowed in MA so they can't play any of those teams in MA. ME isn't allowing MA people without covid testing. ME and NH teams can play in MA but probably don't want to with the rules. Other than NH hosting every game, and who cares to drive there constantly, what is even the answer?
                  Connecticut?

Comment

Connecticut?
                    There aren't DPL teams in CT, are there? Well, I guess they could play there, regardless.

Comment

Yes, these are the helicopter parents who have a giant ego and live vicariously thru their kids.

The worst.

Comment

Okay so I am accepting that there is no schedule yet but is there at least a start date? NEP starts 9/13. Is DPL at least 9/20?

Comment

There aren't DPL teams in CT, are there? Well, I guess they could play there, regardless.
                          All the higher level CT teams are in EDP, more half of the EDP teams are from CT

Comment

All the higher level CT teams are in EDP, more half of the EDP teams are from CT
                            Correction not all, Oakwood being the only one that is in GAL

Comment

Okay so I am accepting that there is no schedule yet but is there at least a start date? NEP starts 9/13. Is DPL at least 9/20?
                              We were told the same weekend as NEP, 9/12 or 9/13. But that was about 4 weeks ago now so who knows.

Comment

We were told the same weekend as NEP, 9/12 or 9/13. But that was about 4 weeks ago now so who knows.
                                Now that DA is gone and nervous club directors quickly started GAL they totally sacrificed the DPL so GAL could start.

DA gone For good
                                DPL most likely gone this fall For good
                                GAL Most likely gone this spring for good

Way to go. 3 strikes and you are all sent back to NEP or maple!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X