Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The township team that beat them is ranked #3 in the country. I doubt they are on here posting, it is all of the other folks trying to instigate the fall of PDA. It is so sad people can’t see through post like these and the MF Shore ones.
    Whatever may be the circumstances why get caught up about a win in August or what a team is ranked by GotSoccer. This ranking does not take into account all the clubs/teams in the 4 regions. But more than that at this age it’s just not a big deal. Parents getting caught up in false rankings will see later on it does not mean much. If the kids were happy free the match Nd celebrated together then that’s the best part of the day. They had. Great team moment. Nothing more parents.

Comment

Agreed. It was only a matter of time. Came quicker than I thought. Covid?

This is even better. EDP is better than ecnl in this area. Just a matter of time before colleges know it and some already do. It’s time to celebrate. Well done EDP!

Comment

Oh my god! A team of 12 year olds lost to an "underdog" team? PDA is done!
        Some of you guys are sad.

Comment

Oh my god! A team of 12 year olds lost to an "underdog" team? PDA is done!
          Some of you guys are sad.
          Not sure how the torpedos were the underdogs? The torpedos are ranked higher than PDA’s B team. And I find it ridiculous that a parent would get on a soccer blog to brag about it.

Comment

If they are #3 in the country why are they not playing in ECNL? That’s what’s wrong with US Youth Soccer pure business with unfair practices.
            ECNL requires teams at each age group starting at U13. Torpedoes don’t have competitive teams at any other age group. Most likely the 08 players at Torpedoes will eventually move on to play for ECNL clubs.

Comment

ECNL requires teams at each age group starting at U13. Torpedoes don’t have competitive teams at any other age group. Most likely the 08 players at Torpedoes will eventually move on to play for ECNL clubs.
              That's strange.... The 2007 team seems to be fairly competitive, as well. It's almost as if you're talking out your ass.

Comment

That's strange.... The 2007 team seems to be fairly competitive, as well. It's almost as if you're talking out your ass.
                Ok...they are competitive in 2 age groups where they need to be competitive in 5-6. And they’ve only had 2 competitive teams in the last 6-7 years. My bad.

Comment

Just looked up this 08 team on GotSoccer. How did they go from 6th place in their EDP league last spring to 1st place in their USYS league in the fall? Must have added a stud.

Comment

Understand the ECNL requirements, but they are not fair to clubs like Torpedoes who do not have grossly privileged advantages that a club like PDA does. PDA has 3 teams in the top level ECNL and across all branches likely 6-7 teams in each age group. No other ECNL team even comes close to this monopoly. My point is if you’re a good team you should have a chance to compete. As you’ve seen this weekend the Torpedoes team can compete with ECNL teams. But they will never be allowed in that league. Why? Business, protecting the old mighty dollar.

Comment

Understand the ECNL requirements, but they are not fair to clubs like Torpedoes who do not have grossly privileged advantages that a club like PDA does. PDA has 3 teams in the top level ECNL and across all branches likely 6-7 teams in each age group. No other ECNL team even comes close to this monopoly. My point is if you’re a good team you should have a chance to compete. As you’ve seen this weekend the Torpedoes team can compete with ECNL teams. But they will never be allowed in that league. Why? Business, protecting the old mighty dollar.
                      Their 03-07 teams would get creamed in ECRL, let alone ECNL.

Comment

Not sure how the torpedos were the underdogs? The torpedos are ranked higher than PDA’s B team. And I find it ridiculous that a parent would get on a soccer blog to brag about it.
                        It was sarcasm. Hence the quotes.
                        I'm not sure what normal individual would brag about this.

Comment

It was sarcasm. Hence the quotes.
                          I'm not sure what normal individual would brag about this.
                          Well, this is more fun to read:

https://www.facebook.com/matchfitgirlsacademy

Comment

Lolololol. ECRL is a joke

Their 03-07 teams would get creamed in ECRL, let alone ECNL.

Comment

There are some ecnl clubs that are only competitive in 2 age groups.

Ok...they are competitive in 2 age groups where they need to be competitive in 5-6. And they’ve only had 2 competitive teams in the last 6-7 years. My bad.

Comment

Oh...good point.

There are some ecnl clubs that are only competitive in 2 age groups.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X