X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NJ gives go ahead to fall outdoor sports

https://6abc.com/sports/nj-announces...medium=twitter

Have to say my HS daughter was 50-50 on this. Her club team has decided to go ahead with a fall season for HS aged group, and she was anxious to play with them. Better coaching, better competition, more team cohesion.

But she has to play with her HS mates if there is a season. Will try to find a way to do both, since the HS season will last just 6 weeks, and the club games are all on weekends. Her club coach has already said she can skip practices, still play on weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Have to say my HS daughter was 50-50 on this. Her club team has decided to go ahead with a fall season for HS aged group, and she was anxious to play with them. Better coaching, better competition, more team cohesion.

But she has to play with her HS mates if there is a season. Will try to find a way to do both, since the HS season will last just 6 weeks, and the club games are all on weekends. Her club coach has already said she can skip practices, still play on weekends.
      Same here. Definitely would prioritize club.

Comment

why does she have to?

Comment

Have to, as in “really want to”…I guess for the same reason ENCL was created to allow kids to play HS…Because after all these years of gaining expertise in a sport, it’s galling for some kids, I know, to watch their town HS program, with all the local attention it gets, without participating.

Of course, it does matter how decent the HS program is, or rather is not. Some are atrocious, and one reason our club decided to go ahead with a fall season when there was still uncertainty about HS, is that they had about a dozen kids who said they would participate regardless. Some are from towns which long ago said there would be no HS season no matter what the state allowed, others are from towns where the program is so bad they’re frustrated playing for it, as I imagine it must be for an elite kid to play for a really bad program.

Comment

Opps. Of course I meant ECNL…

Comment

Although I agree 100% with returning to play, Fall HS Sports is not out of the woods yet.
              Technically, Murphy left this decision up to the NJSIAA.
              HOWEVER: Murphy can change the dates and cancel Fall Sports at any time.
              Schools can also make a decision not to particapte.
              There is no private high school personnel/representation on the Sports Advisory Task Force.

https://www.njsiaa.org/events-news-m...returning-play

Comment

Although I agree 100% with returning to play, Fall HS Sports is not out of the woods yet.
                Technically, Murphy left this decision up to the NJSIAA.
                HOWEVER: Murphy can change the dates and cancel Fall Sports at any time.
                Schools can also make a decision not to particapte.
                There is no private high school personnel/representation on the Sports Advisory Task Force.

https://www.njsiaa.org/events-news-m...returning-play
                But Murphy gave the go-ahead a few days ago for high schools students who are educated remotely to still participate in fall sports. Hard to believe he’d do that and then turn around and cancel everything when the NJSIAA gives the go ahead. Though it can change, at this point the NJ numbers are VERY low—seven day moving average of 10 deaths a day. Remember when there were more than 1,000 a day?

Comment

https://6abc.com/sports/gov-murphy-s...in-nj/6374574/

Comment

But Murphy gave the go-ahead a few days ago for high schools students who are educated remotely to still participate in fall sports. Hard to believe he’d do that and then turn around and cancel everything when the NJSIAA gives the go ahead. Though it can change, at this point the NJ numbers are VERY low—seven day moving average of 10 deaths a day. Remember when there were more than 1,000 a day?
                    You are right it makes little sense that he'd say remote kids can participate then yank it altogether. However, things can change quickly on this. I guess CT was set to go ahead then they put it on pause. They're waiting to hear. I won't believe it until kids are on the fields, and even then we'll be holding our collective breath until the "season" (such as it is) is over.

Comment

You are right it makes little sense that he'd say remote kids can participate then yank it altogether. However, things can change quickly on this. I guess CT was set to go ahead then they put it on pause. They're waiting to hear. I won't believe it until kids are on the fields, and even then we'll be holding our collective breath until the "season" (such as it is) is over.
                      Hmmm. Connecticut was well ahead of NJ in return to HS play a month ago. Would be astounding if they’re waffling now. Smaller state, but still, their 7-day moving average daily deaths is now 1. That ONE.

Comment

Hmmm. Connecticut was well ahead of NJ in return to HS play a month ago. Would be astounding if they’re waffling now. Smaller state, but still, their 7-day moving average daily deaths is now 1. That ONE.
                        Looks like they put a pause on it about a week ago with no decision yet. I agree the data shows no reason to do it.

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=164668

Comment

Will there be HS sports

Will High School Happen

Comment

Do you thing fall sports will continue?

I am concerned this fall will be canceled.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X