Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODP phase 2 tryouts

Tryouts were last Saturday. Phase 2 is this Saturday. Did anyone get phase 2 notifications?

Nope... actually called yesterday to ask when they will be notifying everyone and they told me to email. Funny thing is that this weekend is a major tournament weekend. Probably half the kids won't be able to make tryouts...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Nope... actually called yesterday to ask when they will be notifying everyone and they told me to email. Funny thing is that this weekend is a major tournament weekend. Probably half the kids won't be able to make tryouts...
      Hopefully they won't wait until Friday!

Comment

What...It's ONLY Spirit Cup and PDA Fall Kick Off.....

Right their with ya on the why did they make it this weekend when next weekend is more open.

Comment

Didn't they say early this week? I would imagine that to be Mon/Tues maybe Wed.

Comment

What...It's ONLY Spirit Cup and PDA Fall Kick Off.....

Right their with ya on the why did they make it this weekend when next weekend is more open.
            Yes. It is pretty tight. Maybe the delay on their side would force them to change the date(s).

Comment

Yes. It is pretty tight. Maybe the delay on their side would force them to change the date(s).
              EDP Fall kickoff for girls as well

Comment

Does anyone know how many girls they are going to pick? Is it one team only?

Comment

Don't the older teams take 1 team of 22 while u15/u14 and below take 2x?

Comment

Based on what they've done in the past, since there was 2 groups per age, they will choose half from one group, half from another for stage 2. At stage 2, they will cut that group in half, and that will be the team. Only 1 team per age group. Not trying to knock anyones kid, but their selection shouldn't be that hard based on the talent that showed up. I'm convinced that parents told their kids to "shoot at goal as much as possible." Most of the girls we watched were ball hogs, not team players, and one of the things they are looking for is just that, team players. I realize as parents we have all told our kids to go out there and do your best, make sure you show them what you can do. But, soccer is a team sport. Not, "hey, watch me not pass and score lots of goals." It was obvious which girls have had training outside of township/club/academy. There were a few girls that actually did some impressive passes. One thing everyone needs to remember about ODP, They practice ONCE a month. Unlike your current teams, they don't have the time to develope/train your girls. They are looking for girls that play well together, pass, work as a team. Any girls that seem to be a problem player, ie ball hogging, they will most likely pass on. They want SMART players. Unfortunately, there wasn't a impressive group to choose from. I know this might upset some, but thats the facts, and it doesn't mean your child is a bad player, just a player with bad habits. Expect a email later on today, if not tomorrow.

Comment

Based on what they've done in the past, since there was 2 groups per age, they will choose half from one group, half from another for stage 2. At stage 2, they will cut that group in half, and that will be the team. Only 1 team per age group. Not trying to knock anyones kid, but their selection shouldn't be that hard based on the talent that showed up. I'm convinced that parents told their kids to "shoot at goal as much as possible." Most of the girls we watched were ball hogs, not team players, and one of the things they are looking for is just that, team players. I realize as parents we have all told our kids to go out there and do your best, make sure you show them what you can do. But, soccer is a team sport. Not, "hey, watch me not pass and score lots of goals." It was obvious which girls have had training outside of township/club/academy. There were a few girls that actually did some impressive passes. One thing everyone needs to remember about ODP, They practice ONCE a month. Unlike your current teams, they don't have the time to develope/train your girls. They are looking for girls that play well together, pass, work as a team. Any girls that seem to be a problem player, ie ball hogging, they will most likely pass on. They want SMART players. Unfortunately, there wasn't a impressive group to choose from. I know this might upset some, but thats the facts, and it doesn't mean your child is a bad player, just a player with bad habits. Expect a email later on today, if not tomorrow.
                      Agreed. We were kind if disappointed with the turnout as well....

Comment

So true - Lots of little Rambos out their. I imagine covid had a lot to do with turn out as D's age group had about 60ish girls. I doubt they just break it down to half and half as one group or the other could have better players.

What makes you think they cut it to only 1 team when all but the HS age teams have 2?

Comment

Just got an email saying we will be notified by Thursday evening (20th).

Comment

Ok. Good luck.

Comment

Its going to suck if your kid is invited and you have a tournament this weekend. What the hell are they thinking?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X