Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Has anyone been paying attention to universities (UNC, Notre Dame) having go online in the last week? Your question in itself shows how much people just do not understand about this virus. With tracing as well as previous testing that is the science used to show where Nd how this virus spreads. It’s the 2 key elements that frighten Trump the most. He would rather not know and imagine it will just disappear by itself. Remember back in March he said it will magically disappear this Spring. Here we are in late August and we are expecting over 185,000.00 deaths by Labor Day weekend. So yes, you can be healthy then attend this tournament and contract COVID-19 from the people who will refuse to wear masks and socially distance and then you may be one of those statistics.
    #Lincolnproject
    #dumptrump
    #oneanddonetrump
    The difference is that universities have students coming in from all over the country and the world, whereas these tournaments are largely teams coming from not too far (and the tournament organizers can easily restrict accepted teams to just NYS teams or reject teams coming from high-infection states.

Comment

They have been holding full contact lacrosse tournaments on Long Island for about a month now. Not sure why they can't do soccer. Tell the parents they need to wear masks on the sidelines and if they don't their team is out. Kids are already training and will be in school in 2 weeks anyway.

Comment

They have been holding full contact lacrosse tournaments on Long Island for about a month now. Not sure why they can't do soccer. Tell the parents they need to wear masks on the sidelines and if they don't their team is out. Kids are already training and will be in school in 2 weeks anyway.
        Yup. Admittance to the tournament should be one parent per player and non compliance of rules by players, parents or staff should result in a team forfeit. Stand apart, wear a mask if you are not actively participating on field in the game. This is not rocket science.

Comment

Yup. Admittance to the tournament should be one parent per player and non compliance of rules by players, parents or staff should result in a team forfeit. Stand apart, wear a mask if you are not actively participating on field in the game. This is not rocket science.
          It's not but have you seen the way some of these people act around a soccer field?

Comment

It's not but have you seen the way some of these people act around a soccer field?
            unfortunately yes but thats where the zero tolerance for non compliance comes in and punish the entire team for transgressions by stupid parents.

Comment

http://www.eastmeadowsoccer.com/tour...ety-guidelines

Comment

Has anyone been paying attention to universities (UNC, Notre Dame) having go online in the last week? Your question in itself shows how much people just do not understand about this virus. With tracing as well as previous testing that is the science used to show where Nd how this virus spreads. It’s the 2 key elements that frighten Trump the most. He would rather not know and imagine it will just disappear by itself. Remember back in March he said it will magically disappear this Spring. Here we are in late August and we are expecting over 185,000.00 deaths by Labor Day weekend. So yes, you can be healthy then attend this tournament and contract COVID-19 from the people who will refuse to wear masks and socially distance and then you may be one of those statistics.
                #Lincolnproject
                #dumptrump
                #oneanddonetrump
                Here are the facts:

1/31/20 - Donald Trump bans flights from China
                2/1/20 - Biden's response was Trump is Xenophobic and a fearmonger
                2/24/20 - Nancy Pelosi tells everyone to visit Chinatown!
                3/31/20 - DeBlasio tells everyone to use the subway and corona is no big deal

just keep on blaming trump for all your problems! It the same type of parents that blame everyone else on their kids performance on the field !

Comment

unfortunately yes but thats where the zero tolerance for non compliance comes in and punish the entire team for transgressions by stupid parents.
                  You should see what goes on at baseball games and tournaments too. At this point, its not the kid's or the sport being played but rather the parents at the game/tournament. Bottom line it comes down to the parents who say they care but who really don't care. It's unrealistic for everything to be carried out perfectly but be reasonable and courteous. Wear a mask when in close proximity of others you don't associate regularly with and don't try not to act like an ***** which I know is difficult to ask of many a parent these days.

Comment

With the call that went out tonight to all registered participants, does anyone here think that a parent attending with a younger sibling will be an issue?? My two older children both will playing at different locations. My spouse and I will split up to attend with a child but we also have two younger children. Our plan was to each have one of the siblings with us to limit number of spectators as we do not have childcare for that many hours on both weekend days. I also do not want one of our playing children to go without a parent if one of us were to stay home with the younger siblings. My question is does anyone think this will potentially be an issue? I would think legally they cannot say a playing child has to attend alone if siblings need to accompany. I specially with the risk of a potential injury and need to be seen at the hospital during Covid climate.

Comment

With the call that went out tonight to all registered participants, does anyone here think that a parent attending with a younger sibling will be an issue?? My two older children both will playing at different locations. My spouse and I will split up to attend with a child but we also have two younger children. Our plan was to each have one of the siblings with us to limit number of spectators as we do not have childcare for that many hours on both weekend days. I also do not want one of our playing children to go without a parent if one of us were to stay home with the younger siblings. My question is does anyone think this will potentially be an issue? I would think legally they cannot say a playing child has to attend alone if siblings need to accompany. I specially with the risk of a potential injury and need to be seen at the hospital during Covid climate.
                      I was not on the call but I did go to a NJ tournament last week. They had a one parent rule as well. They did allow one sibling. There is no way to enforce it. More of an honor system and it’s to make local officials feel good. Have the sibling wear an old jersey. Where masks and stay apart from other teams fans.

Comment

You are good. What are you suppose to leave your kid on the car? This is unenforceable anyway. If you are nervous just keep your distance from field as best you can. I mean these are public parks with playgrounds, etc.

Comment

#Wimp

Comment

nothing to worry about - the idea is to have people be midnful and try to not have full family attendance. I saw siblings at the PDA tournament even though they had that rule as well. No one expects you to leave your children home alone!

Comment

East Meadow just got told that it had to reject all teams not from Nassau and Suffolk.

They should have known this already as ENYYSA and NY State have said over and over again that teams not only shouldn't be traveling across state lines to play but that teams shouldn't even be playing outside their region.

So now they have to redo all the schedules the night before the tournament starts including reassigning all the referees.

Sounds like fun.

Comment

What constitutes these regions? Nassau sits in the middle of Suffolk and NYC...which one is their region and where do you find this info?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X