X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Omg. What age group?
    Yep, the former CSA team certainly has the worst group of parents I have ever experienced. Sure they are a great team but that is no excuse at U11. Really wonder how this team will look by U15, parents and coaches alike.

Should say that PDA parents are only a few footsteps behind. Whenever they play each should be a real **** show parent wise. Only a matter of time before a fight breaks out.

Comment

Yep, the former CSA team certainly has the worst group of parents I have ever experienced. Sure they are a great team but that is no excuse at U11. Really wonder how this team will look by U15, parents and coaches alike.

Should say that PDA parents are only a few footsteps behind. Whenever they play each should be a real **** show parent wise. Only a matter of time before a fight breaks out.
      I agree, it is a good team, in fact, when you continue to hold full contact team practices during the shutdown, you have a 4 month advantage over any of the other teams that actually followed the rules.

Comment

Oh god, agreed. I leave some games with a pounding headache after listening to some coaches loudly berate their players and never stfu.

You can learn a lot about coaches from watching them on the sidelines. I’ve seen coaches on opposing teams where 90% of what comes out of their mouth is negative. Calling out girls by name and loudly yelling things like “what are you doing?” And they never shut the hell up. Other coaches say very little and offer mostly positive encouragement. You’ll see the good ones make a quick substitution a minute or two after a mistake and give some quick instruction. It can really make a big difference in the growth and development of players.

Comment

I hope that the change to have parents and team on opposing sidelines sticks through covid. Being down at tuckahoe and during friendlies it has been great when the oppositions batsh%t crazy parents are well out of earshot. Any group of parents who take the whole team and defect at that young of an age are nuts. Half will burn out...some will get lapped by others players. Nothing like being a kid and reliving your glory days of 10 years old.

Comment

I agree. I would say 80% of coaches in NJ fall into this category and are really terrible. The other 20% percent get it.

Oh god, agreed. I leave some games with a pounding headache after listening to some coaches loudly berate their players and never stfu.

Comment

Yes most coaches are not good teachers in NJ. Many just yell and coach every play without just letting girls make their own decisions good or bad. They never just stfu and watch. Agree that probably 80% fall into this category.

I agree. I would say 80% of coaches in NJ fall into this category and are really terrible. The other 20% percent get it.

Comment

Yes most coaches are not good teachers in NJ. Many just yell and coach every play without just letting girls make their own decisions good or bad. They never just stfu and watch. Agree that probably 80% fall into this category.
                Disagree more like 99%!

Comment

Yea, but the coaches who just watch get told by clueless parents that they aren’t doing enough.

Comment

Lol. Bad coaches always blame parents for their shortcomings.

Yea, but the coaches who just watch get told by clueless parents that they aren’t doing enough.

Comment

100% this. I've had many parents say they love XYZ coach because he tells the kids what to do and where to go when on the field. They control the kids like joysticks. The coach might be good, but how is this good for the kids? You're supposed to use practice to teach them those skills not be their brain when playing. It would be nice if parents understood that rather than think it's a sign of coaching prowess.

On the flip side, there are plenty of bad coaches out there.

Comment

Just curious how Jeff Eisele was perceived at MF before he left?

Comment

100 percent not this. Just coaches with bad teaching skills and short tempers. A general lack of understanding how to teach. To blame parents is a joke. Are coaches really that weak? No, just bad.

Comment

Spot on. Insecure coaches will yell and scream and direct the game thinking it pleases parents. Good coaches know better.

100 percent not this. Just coaches with bad teaching skills and short tempers. A general lack of understanding how to teach. To blame parents is a joke. Are coaches really that weak? No, just bad.

Comment

I like the MF coach that teaches his parents to act like a bunch of ****ing animals at scrimmage soccer games with STA that the ref has to throw them off the field. That says it all right there. MF should be ashamed to have this coach and these parents associated with the club.
                              So much fake news on this forum .. Bunch of wash women scared to death little Suzie will get cut from the B team.. Little bunch of gossiping women, if you post on this forum religiously you are a turd.. You want to post something factual, post the score at that scrimmage and the real team..

Comment

This is so true. Hey coaches, if you’re standing up and yelling something every two minutes during games, you’re saying way too much. Sit down and stfu.

Spot on. Insecure coaches will yell and scream and direct the game thinking it pleases parents. Good coaches know better.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X