Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Did invites go out to all age groups? Which age groups received invites?
    Not sure. My guess is they're sending invites to players that they absolutely want. Eventually (until 9/15, I guess), everyone should receive something (accepted or rejected)

i think this is why they ask for more time: to reduce the anxiety when some players receive it while others haven't yet.

Comment

Not sure. My guess is they're sending invites to players that they absolutely want. Eventually (until 9/15, I guess), everyone should receive something (accepted or rejected)

i think this is why they ask for more time: to reduce the anxiety when some players receive it while others haven't yet.
      Has anyone received a rejection yet?

Comment

What an obtuse view of the sport. With that logic then it’s safe to assume that odp was only looking for strikers lol Yes a striker’s job is to finish but how is the striker gonna get the ball without teammates that pass the round thing ? The good striker isn’t a ball hog. Remember what a ball hog is . A ball hog never lets go of the ball even when it’s irrational or down right futile to drive straight to the other team with no chance of succeeding alone. It’s a team sport . It’s not tennis or MMA...Yes individual development is important but in the context of a team sport that requires a team effort where everyone develops together in their respective areas of comfort or aptitude ( defense, mid or front ). But no one develops when the focus is on the ball hogs because ball hogs may win you some games. You can’t pass all day but you can’t ball hog all day either. It’s not one or the other...
        If your striker is passing off inside the 6 then your team has issues. Striker is usually the person you want with the ball inside the box it is literally their job. How would you assume from that that the poster was saying ODP was only looking for ball hogs? I would guess they were looking for solid players who are capable of playing their positions. The registration did ask about position played and wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that they took the registration info and matched it to what they saw. So a "ball hog" as a mid or wing would be bad while someone listed as striker it might be considered a bonus depending on where they were on the field.

Comment

If your striker is passing off inside the 6 then your team has issues. Striker is usually the person you want with the ball inside the box it is literally their job. How would you assume from that that the poster was saying ODP was only looking for ball hogs? I would guess they were looking for solid players who are capable of playing their positions. The registration did ask about position played and wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that they took the registration info and matched it to what they saw. So a "ball hog" as a mid or wing would be bad while someone listed as striker it might be considered a bonus depending on where they were on the field.
          You obviously give them and yourself too much credit.

Comment

anyone receive any email communication from them today?

Comment

anyone receive any email communication from them today?

Just crickets....

Comment

My son received a rejection email this evening. I am still proud he made it to the second round and most likely will try again next year.

Comment

My son received a rejection email this evening. I am still proud he made it to the second round and most likely will try again next year.
                  Did they mention anything about a waiting list or that he may be extended an offer if someone who was invites does not commit?

Comment

Did they mention anything about a waiting list or that he may be extended an offer if someone who was invites does not commit?
                    Has that ever happened? Or just because of COVID?

Comment

Has that ever happened? Or just because of COVID?
                      We got an email saying that my D was on a list and could be called if someone drops out.

Comment

Did anyone get theirs

Na na na na nana

Comment

MF Shore #1 Na na na na nana

Comment

We got an email saying that my D was on a list and could be called if someone drops out.
                            It appears that they said the same thing to everyone that got cut.

Comment

It appears that they said the same thing to everyone that got cut.
                              I thought earlier on this thread there's post saying receiving "cut" email.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X