Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New England and National D1 Womens Soccer (only please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Audio and live stats are available through the Hofstra website. Audio is free but you have to register.
    BC 1-0 15 minutes in

Comment

Bc 2 Hofstra 0 McCaffrey & Mewis with the goals

Comment

Bc 2 Hofstra 0 McCaffrey & Mewis with the goals
        Shocking Mewis /McCaffrey= victory

Comment

Congratulations BC.... onto the next one... who do they play next?

Comment

BC will play most likely Penn State at Penn State.

Penn State has to play LIU today

Comment

Today, the air is a little fresher. The sun a little brighter. I've got extra hop in my step. The sweet smell of Apex predator victory lingers enticingly. Sing along.

"Eagles inhabit the heavenly heights, they know neither limit nor bound.They're the guardian angels of darkness and light, they see all and hear every sound.My spirit will never be broken or caught for the soul is a free-flying thing.Like an eagle that needs neither comfort nor thought to rise up on glorious wings."Glorious wings, my friends. Gosh darn, glorious. Soar like an Eagle.

Comment

Today, the air is a little fresher. The sun a little brighter. I've got extra hop in my step. The sweet smell of Apex predator victory lingers enticingly. Sing along.

"Eagles inhabit the heavenly heights, they know neither limit nor bound.They're the guardian angels of darkness and light, they see all and hear every sound.My spirit will never be broken or caught for the soul is a free-flying thing.Like an eagle that needs neither comfort nor thought to rise up on glorious wings."Glorious wings, my friends. Gosh darn, glorious. Soar like an Eagle.
                Maybe Bill Romanowski should have taken a page from you before addressing the team? Wow...

Comment

Hofstra looked pretty bad yesterday. That said, BC didn't look as dominant as the homers here would like to suggest. Don't see this team going far.

Comment

Hofstra looked pretty bad yesterday. That said, BC didn't look as dominant as the homers here would like to suggest. Don't see this team going far.
                    Ah c'mon, let Eagledad enjoy his National Championship experience. It's his week.

Comment

Your arrogance is exceeded only by your ignorance. The other common opponent besides Syracuse was Bucknell. Rutgers beat them 2-1 and Colgate beat them 4-1. I have seen both teams play this season. Colgate is the better team and has the better attack. It may be a high scoring game but Colgate will prevail.
                      Arrogant yes, ignorant no.

Rutgers wins 1-0 in a foul filled slug match. Ugly, ugly soccer.

Comment

Hofstra looked pretty bad yesterday.
                        Compared with what? Hofstra had its moments. Yes, in the first half they repeatedly kicked long balls straight to BC players, and yes, the keeper made a mistake on BC's first goal early on. But otherwise she had a very fine game, and Hofstra's midfield settled down in the second half. Hofstra missed just wide on a shot in the 75th minute that Gaul had no play on. If that goes in, suddenly it's 1-1 and Hofstra circles the wagons.

But the shot didn't go in, and BC otherwise had control of the game. Mewis looked to be about 80-85 percent, coming off her injury. She needs to be 100 percent for BC to beat Penn State. McCaffrey needs to be at her ball-hawking best. Vettori, Morrison, and Gaul had strong games last night; they need to keep it up.

Comment

Compared with what? Hofstra had its moments. Yes, in the first half they repeatedly kicked long balls straight to BC players, and yes, the keeper made a mistake on BC's first goal early on. But otherwise she had a very fine game, and Hofstra's midfield settled down in the second half. Hofstra missed just wide on a shot in the 75th minute that Gaul had no play on. If that goes in, suddenly it's 1-1 and Hofstra circles the wagons.

But the shot didn't go in, and BC otherwise had control of the game. Mewis looked to be about 80-85 percent, coming off her injury. She needs to be 100 percent for BC to beat Penn State. McCaffrey needs to be at her ball-hawking best. Vettori, Morrison, and Gaul had strong games last night; they need to keep it up.
                          BC is going to need a lot more than that to beat Penn State.

Comment

Rutgers wins 1-0 in a foul filled slug match. Ugly, ugly soccer.
                            Not every team soars graceful as Eagles.

Comment

Penn State has had their own problems with defense but their direct style should sufficiently batter BC's woobly defense to come out on top - especially in front of a home crowd which will be large given there is nothing to do in State College but watch sports (unlike BC students' visits to art museums and the opera). Penn State has some great athletes up front who can take advantage of opponent's mistakes and, as we've seen, BC is susceptible to those types of teams.

That said I've watched a couple of Penn State games and find their keeper has some extremely odd and large lapses of judgment. If she has a bad game and Mewis and her teammates have a good one, BC can pull this off.

Comment

Penn State has had their own problems with defense but their direct style should sufficiently batter BC's woobly defense to come out on top - especially in front of a home crowd which will be large given there is nothing to do in State College but watch sports (unlike BC students' visits to art museums and the opera). Penn State has some great athletes up front who can take advantage of opponent's mistakes and, as we've seen, BC is susceptible to those types of teams.

That said I've watched a couple of Penn State games and find their keeper has some extremely odd and large lapses of judgment. If she has a bad game and Mewis and her teammates have a good one, BC can pull this off.
                                Penn State direct? Troubles on defense? Are you sure you watched the right team?

Comment

Working...
                                X