Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New England and National D1 Womens Soccer (only please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart driver. I'd rather play BU as well. Fly like an Eagle!

Comment

BC and UCF game ends in a 2-2 tie after two OT's.

Kristi Mewis scored a goal and assisted on Kate McCarthy's goal.

Comment

Kate is quietly having a very nice year.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Sam Mewis went where? Andrews is going where? Get yourself a fact checker, Magoo.

I can't wait to see them crowned New England champs!! That is surely the culmination of my( and certainly their) soccer seasons?

Brag like buffoon!
          Agreed! BC is currently the top team in NE, but expect that to change in the next few years. Recruiting is the name of the game in elite soccer and when you lose top local recruits from a well-known program there is definitely a problem on the horizon.

Comment

Agreed! BC is currently the top team in NE, but expect that to change in the next few years. Recruiting is the name of the game in elite soccer and when you lose top local recruits from a well-known program there is definitely a problem on the horizon.
            Posts like this draw "Fly like an Eagle" out. Rightfully so. BC can't land every recruit. Some want a different atmosphere, style of play, or field of study. But if BC lands 4 blue chippers a year, and this year they certainly did, they will reload.

Comment

Posts like this draw "Fly like an Eagle" out. Rightfully so. BC can't land every recruit. Some want a different atmosphere, style of play, or field of study. But if BC lands 4 blue chippers a year, and this year they certainly did, they will reload.
              You should have just gone ahead and signed it "Fly like an Eagle". :-)

Comment

One Flyer is enough.

Comment

Overall, a pretty sad weekend for the women from New England. The two teams that sailed into the rarified air of competing against Top 20 sides (BU and U Mass) went a combined 0-4 and failed to score a single goal against their quality opponents. Neither got blown out (three of the games ended at 1-0/ the other 2-0) but for both it was going to take an upset to keep their ever thinning At-large hopes alive. Here is the dliemma for the selection committe when it comes to BU. They may actually end up with only their four current losses. The drops to BC and this past weekend's teams are not going to kill you. However, losing to Dayton and the tie with Harvard will hurt bad. They will need to dominate both U Mass and NC State (not just beat them), hope both play well in-conference and then crush every AE team they play. Even that probably just gets them to the bubble but there is still a little glimmer of hope.

BC has had two chances to prove they really are a national power (Stanford and UCF) and they proved that they are Top 10, but probably not Top 4! So as was expected, its all about the ACC for the Eagles and that starts now. Lots of good things to report from Chestnut Hill, but some difficulties on the defensive again and still nothing much from Dimartino. Disapointment for Yale this weekend dropping two in Chicago.

Comment

BU wants to dominate America East on their way to Patriot League competition next year. They need it to have any chance of an NCAA at large bid, and it would be a great going away present to those that banned them from the league post season tournament. This will be tougher to accomplish than most of us expect. BU has a target on their back. All the AE teams want to return the going away present. A few of these teams are improved, and BU has declined slightly. They are still a top 5 team in New England, just not the clear number 2, or even 1B they have been the last few years. It's a very slim glimmer of hope for the scrappy Terriers.

Comment

One Flyer is enough.
                      I think that post was by the 'One Flyer'. He is starting to refer to himself in the third person.

Comment

There are great flocks of Eagle lovers! I am not alone. People love to rout for a winner. Fly like an Eagle!

Comment

You are correct in stating BC can't get every blue chipper each year but they do need to get the best players locally and starting next year that will no longer happen. HD is awesome and certainly is a top recruit but pay attention closely to the rest of the local stars over the next few years and that will tell the story. Every top team nationally always is able to get the best local talent and that's exactly how BC became this prominent in the first place. Even "Fly like an eagle" should know what's coming down the line. I love watching the local NE kids shine and I hope BC wins a national title but I'm certainly not pretending there are not problems on the horizon.

Comment

Do any of you know what "guarantee game" is? I never heard of it until my kid recently took a road trip exactly for that purpose. And then I came across this article. I can tell you that women's soccer no way gets that kind of money, but they do get a amount that can help pay for an interesting cross country trip, but for some reson it leaves bad tast in my mouth.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...pRaFe3to.email

Comment

Locals

You are correct in stating BC can't get every blue chipper each year but they do need to get the best players locally and starting next year that will no longer happen. HD is awesome and certainly is a top recruit but pay attention closely to the rest of the local stars over the next few years and that will tell the story. Every top team nationally always is able to get the best local talent and that's exactly how BC became this prominent in the first place. Even "Fly like an eagle" should know what's coming down the line. I love watching the local NE kids shine and I hope BC wins a national title but I'm certainly not pretending there are not problems on the horizon.
                              Despite all the traveling these kids do the majority still up attending a college/university close to home- not sure why or if that will change. I know I have seen the numbers on here before.

Comment

You are correct in stating BC can't get every blue chipper each year but they do need to get the best players locally and starting next year that will no longer happen.
                                Actually it started with S. Mewis when she chose to go to UCLA. For that matter, other top local players have bypassed BC in the past. BC has shown that it doesn't need the best local talent to compete at the highest levels, unless you define local to include New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. Not a whole lot of top talent has come out of Massachusetts, relatively speaking.

Comment

Working...
                                X