ECNL Girls Showcase South Carolina

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It cost you close to 60 grand playing in the ecnl program. Did you add that to your saving. Thank for the lie club personal.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      And if a pile of unexcused absences(as that is what they are, vacation is not excused) result in 0's for Exams and a GPA drop, how would that work out on college apps?
      Lolololol. Really? Is that what you think is happening? Kids are getting zeros on exams when they go out of town and miss school?

You are clueless.

But hey...make sure your kid never misses a day of school and colors between the lines.

Comment

DA is for for NTs - dumarse
        You do understand that US Soccer runs the DA, and helps to pay costs for the WPSL?

Comment

agree, but don't limit to ecnl, da has the same justification
          In fact DA showcases are a day longer so a day more of missed school vs ECNL.

Comment

Lolololol. Really? Is that what you think is happening? Kids are getting zeros on exams when they go out of town and miss school?

You are clueless.

But hey...make sure your kid never misses a day of school and colors between the lines.
            My DDs school lets you off for 2 days a year unexcused, if you give 2 weeks notice, and bring the letter the event provides. After that, any absence that is not due to sickness, ortho appointment, funerals, etc. results in a 3% deduction for every day you are absent. Learned this the hard way last year after my daughter was docked 6% off of every class.

This basically forces us to call her in "sick", which is a joke but it is what it is.

No zeros were given out on exams or tests however, but I still think the school policy sucks.

Comment

Does that 100k consist of athletic AND academic money? Or just athletic? Just curious.
              Very few will get 70%off the ticket price with just athletic money. Usually it's a combination - and if you're a smart kid and/or qualify for financial aid you would have gotten that without athletics. Don't go into any of this hoping your kid will get a big scholarship - if it works out, that's great. You won the Golden Ticket. But most will not, even more so for boys where there's even less $.

Comment

My DDs school lets you off for 2 days a year unexcused, if you give 2 weeks notice, and bring the letter the event provides. After that, any absence that is not due to sickness, ortho appointment, funerals, etc. results in a 3% deduction for every day you are absent. Learned this the hard way last year after my daughter was docked 6% off of every class.

This basically forces us to call her in "sick", which is a joke but it is what it is.

No zeros were given out on exams or tests however, but I still think the school policy sucks.
                You and your daughter have to suck it up and deal with it. This is the sacrifices you have to make, for the national team call ups.

Comment

Just always call in sick no matter what. the schools have mandated rules and they need to put an excuse in the file.

That is not the problem. The issue is missing class because a lot of ground is covered each day and it is challenging to make it up.

Comment

TBU is 3-0 of course. We the best.
                    U15 u16 u17 all Ws

Comment

Parents are not complaining anymore about missing school. There somthing magical about winning a soccer game that make everything ok.

Comment

this is stupid conversation.. it's like a few days of school a year.. big deal.. deal with it however you feel like it.. if you don't think EVERY highly competitive sport has kids missing school days you're ridiculous.. in half of them kids to be home-schooled because they miss so much school travelling and competing at a high level.... if you have a problem with it.. most rec leagues play locally with no travel on a Saturday or Sunday..

Comment

this is stupid conversation.. it's like a few days of school a year.. big deal.. deal with it however you feel like it.. if you don't think EVERY highly competitive sport has kids missing school days you're ridiculous.. in half of them kids to be home-schooled because they miss so much school travelling and competing at a high level.... if you have a problem with it.. most rec leagues play locally with no travel on a Saturday or Sunday..
                          You are absolutely right. Besides if you can afford 10 grand a year for soccer, you can pay for the college tuition. Missing a few days of is not going to hurt.

Comment

We are not talking about highly competitive sport kids. I get if you are training for the Olympics you will miss some school. We are talking about thousands of kids playing in leagues like gda and ecnl, etc. These kids are not going to the Olympics.

Comment

We are not talking about highly competitive sport kids. I get if you are training for the Olympics you will miss some school. We are talking about thousands of kids playing in leagues like gda and ecnl, etc. These kids are not going to the Olympics.
                              What about ODP?

Comment

What about ODP?
                                Same as far as I am concerned. No good reason for much missed school for ODP and no good reason for these programs to require it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X