Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Way to be a good neighbor in the community Stony Brook.
    Three Village/Stony Brook Soccer has been having trouble affording those fields for a long time. The university had been charging them $100k a year for them, not sure if that's the current fee, so the club had been looking for partners to offset the cost for a long time. If this story is true I'm guessing it's because the club started missing payments.

Comment

That is my understanding as well. Should be a very good team.
      Yes they will be VERY good - They have some former NWSL pro and INTL players...check out UWS site article http://www.uwssoccer.com/news_articl...rer_id=2294922

Comment

If Stony Brook is losing the P-Lots that explains why the NY Surf Labor Day tournament hasn't been announced. That would have almost certainly been the location used.

Comment

Not a good environment for Surr to do a tournament. Commack is hurting because of their affiliation with SUSA. Some clubs in the area have banned their teams from going this year because of that affiliation.

LM poisoned the Surf rollout here in NY. Going to take them years to shake that off.

Comment

Stony Brook losing the P-Lots would also explain why Surf Tryouts are concentrated in Nassau.

Comment

Heard SUSA is pissed with the focus on Surf on BOTN. Remember last year LM created a thread that was just for SUSA where he allowed them to be flamed for a month?

Would not be surprised to see them pull back their $$$. We all know what Larry does when you stop sending the child support!

Comment

Heard SUSA is pissed with the focus on Surf on BOTN. Remember last year LM created a thread that was just for SUSA where he allowed them to be flamed for a month?

Would not be surprised to see them pull back their $$$. We all know what Larry does when you stop sending the child support!
                As a SUSA parent this is very true. Parents talk about this fairly often and just another reason why there is so much Surf "hate" out there.

Comment

Stony Brook losing the P-Lots would also explain why Surf Tryouts are concentrated in Nassau.
                  And looks like they've given up on holding tryouts in Westchester altogether. Kind of odd because that's where it all started.
                  http://www.nysurfsoccer.org/tryouts/

Comment

Could be because they already happened last month

Comment

I thought Surf had SB Univ coaches on staff. That can't swing hosting the Surf tourney?

And I thought LM said the Surf tourney was going to be a SUMMER tournament. ??

Comment

I thought Surf had SB Univ coaches on staff. That can't swing hosting the Surf tourney?

And I thought LM said the Surf tourney was going to be a SUMMER tournament. ??
                        Even if it were a summer event they should have announced a long time ago.

Comment

Could be because they already happened last month
                          Is that what happened or are you just throwing that up as a possible explanation? I know a surf parent recently asked me about our Town team tryouts that are taking place late May ... means they are leaving or at least have NOT PAID yet for next year.

Comment

Is that what happened or are you just throwing that up as a possible explanation? I know a surf parent recently asked me about our Town team tryouts that are taking place late May ... means they are leaving or at least have NOT PAID yet for next year.
                            Doesn't mean tryouts haven't happened. They have

Comment

Not from Surf or even Westchester but I can confirm they did do Westchester tryouts in April primarily to take advantage of NYSC dropping C,D,E teams.

Their focus seems to be gravitating towards central Nassau on the girls side though.

Comment

NY Surf with season opening 1-0 win over WNY Flash in UWS play- their team is comprised of former pro, sky blue reserves, and college amateurs. http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/14/fl...surf-new-york/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X