Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nope - Sky Blue reserves will indeed play on the team just like WNYFlash's reserves play on their UWS team - both teams round off with amateurs. NY Surf will run the team and will feed the amateur side thus the pathway. No youth club has this in NY.
    That is my understanding as well. Should be a very good team.

Comment

What is the status of the NY Surf Tournament? I thought information was supposed to be out by now, per Surf's website "Q1" announcement.

Comment

Nope - Sky Blue reserves will indeed play on the team just like WNYFlash's reserves play on their UWS team - both teams round off with amateurs. NY Surf will run the team and will feed the amateur side thus the pathway. No youth club has this in NY.
        WNY Flash reserves? They don't even have an NWSL team. The UWS is their ONLY team. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

If NY Surf was the true pro reserve team, they wouldn't say "as one of its amateur Reserve Teams" in the press release. It is a marketing gimmick, plain and simple. Don't pretend it is anything more.

Comment

What is the status of the NY Surf Tournament? I thought information was supposed to be out by now, per Surf's website "Q1" announcement.
          It's hard to put on a tournament when you don't have any fields of your own.

Comment

It's hard to put on a tournament when you don't have any fields of your own.
            Costs have come up regarding how Surf is cheaper than Alby or EMSC. Looking at Surf charging $2500 for u11/12 and stating Alby or EMSC are $3500. My kid played in this age group and this is a flat out lie. We paid what worked out to be about $2100 for the full year this year with our club (EMSC). We have friends at Ably and they do pay a little more than we do, but nothing significant. Just more Surf lies and fake news on BotN.

Comment

Costs have come up regarding how Surf is cheaper than Alby or EMSC. Looking at Surf charging $2500 for u11/12 and stating Alby or EMSC are $3500. My kid played in this age group and this is a flat out lie. We paid what worked out to be about $2100 for the full year this year with our club (EMSC). We have friends at Ably and they do pay a little more than we do, but nothing significant. Just more Surf lies and fake news on BotN.
              Can you really be shocked about anything on BotN?

Comment

Has anyone checked on Surf parents to make sure they haven't stroked out over the Sky Blue-NYSC news?

Comment

Has anyone checked on Surf parents to make sure they haven't stroked out over the Sky Blue-NYSC news?
                  Stroked out? No, but pretty damn close. Got roped in last year by promises of DA, nothing left here but the usual town soccer club. And I don't care about having a bunch of D2 college coaches . Mr LM is very quiet...

Comment

Sky Blue operating two GDA's with PDA and NYSC. Surf is now completely shut out of GDA as is SUSA on LI.

Top girls will be streaming out of those clubs next month solidifying their recreational statuses.

Comment

Sky Blue operating two GDA's with PDA and NYSC. Surf is now completely shut out of GDA as is SUSA on LI.

Top girls will be streaming out of those clubs next month solidifying their recreational statuses.
                      I don't believe that SUSA has any real desire to be a GDA club.

Comment

Surf is in no position in Westchester or LI to come close to getting ECNL or GDA. They sell a good game to recruit coaches and to the parents of kids on their teams, but based on what I have heard they have been told, it's quite misleading and based on hope. It's one thing for NYSC to get GDA it's another for them to get it with Sky Blue. Really says a lot for where Surf is and where they are going.

Comment

Surf is in no position in Westchester or LI to come close to getting ECNL or GDA. They sell a good game to recruit coaches and to the parents of kids on their teams, but based on what I have heard they have been told, it's quite misleading and based on hope. It's one thing for NYSC to get GDA it's another for them to get it with Sky Blue. Really says a lot for where Surf is and where they are going.
                          Unfortunately Surf is no different now than any other LI or Westchester club due to getting shut out of ECNL and DA.

Comment

Yeah, after a year Surf is still effectively a start-up with no fields to call their own.

They imported a few nice teams but they haven't built anything yet and still lack focus.

Comment

LM doesn't seem to have any coverage of this development on BOTN other than to bury NYSC GDA tryouts on the tryout page. He knows Surf is officially flatlined - no fields, scattered all over, no ECNL or GDA badges

Comment

Anybody catch the comment "I thought Surf was supposed to get GDA"? There's been no response to that, but some have been deliberately not posted. Typical LM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X