Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagleclaw?

Does anyone here have any experience at Eagleclaw, or insight into the quality of players and competitiveness of their program?

Their philosophy and setup are interesting. But it looks like their teams generally complete at a mid-tier PSPL level.

Eagleclaw?

Does anyone here have any experience at Eagleclaw, or insight into the quality of players and competitiveness of their program?

Their philosophy and setup are interesting. But it looks like their teams generally complete at a mid-tier PSPL level.

Comment

Not sure about their teams, but I watched some of their tryouts at Starfire last May. It looked impressive and not like the typical club soccer tryout. Very different. They had coaches from Valencia onsite conducting the tryouts. From what I've seen and their website, they seem to have the most authentic partnership with a pro European club that I've ever seen. I know some young players (not Eagleclaw players) who have attended their summer programs with Spanish coaches and they and their parents rave about the training.

Hopefully someone else will chime in about the type and quality of their regular team training and also more details about this Valencia partnership.

Comment

Don't have any direct experience but from what I hear the club is truly different. I forgot what exactly made them different, it was a positive difference. Something about the learning style. As mentioned by the post above, the club really is different. Maybe it is good for some maybe bad for others, but they do things very differently.

It appears to be a smaller and newer club.

Comment

When the people that run the club have to spend so much time telling you how good they are and how much better they are than everyone else period, it should highlight their position. Superiority complex with inferior coaching staff. Well intentioned of course so nothing personal, just another club that claims to be the shiny new plaything in the toy box.

You can put lipstick on a pig......

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            When the people that run the club have to spend so much time telling you how good they are and how much better they are than everyone else period, it should highlight their position. Superiority complex with inferior coaching staff. Well intentioned of course so nothing personal, just another club that claims to be the shiny new plaything in the toy box.

Point me in the direction of a club that does not do that in Washington state ? At least they are trying to offer something different .

Comment

Personally I would like to hear more about this pig you speak of. Does it wear red or blue lipstick, and how do you pin it down long enough to apply....

Lol. See what I did there. I provided just as much sarcastic value to the internet as you did while simultaneously sounding just as stupid.

Comment

Not exactly a new club. Their website says they started in 2010. My kid is at PacNW which started in 2012. Why do you say they have inferior coaching staff? I’ve watched them train at Starfire and their sessions are definitely different than what I’ve seen at PacNW or Eastside where we were before. Their players look very good with the ball. I probably shouldn’t say this but I believe PacNW is copying or learning from Eagleclaw. I’ve seen my son’s coach on the sidelines of Eagleclaw sessions filming them with his phone. This has happened more than once and I’ve seen other Pac coaches do the same. Not sure if that is common or not between clubs, but I saw it. Then our teams training sessions started to be a little more like what Eagleclaw does. Our teams players are not used to it so we don’t look as smooth or comfortable as the Eagleclaw players. Overall, I think it’s a good thing because the way those Eagleclaw players play is pretty cool to watch. I’m no expert on coaches, but from what I’ve seen the Eagleclaw coaches are really good.

Comment

eagleclaw

Not exactly a new club. Their website says they started in 2010. My kid is at PacNW which started in 2012. Why do you say they have inferior coaching staff? I’ve watched them train at Starfire and their sessions are definitely different than what I’ve seen at PacNW or Eastside where we were before. Their players look very good with the ball. I probably shouldn’t say this but I believe PacNW is copying or learning from Eagleclaw. I’ve seen my son’s coach on the sidelines of Eagleclaw sessions filming them with his phone. This has happened more than once and I’ve seen other Pac coaches do the same. Not sure if that is common or not between clubs, but I saw it. Then our teams training sessions started to be a little more like what Eagleclaw does. Our teams players are not used to it so we don’t look as smooth or comfortable as the Eagleclaw players. Overall, I think it’s a good thing because the way those Eagleclaw players play is pretty cool to watch. I’m no expert on coaches, but from what I’ve seen the Eagleclaw coaches are really good.
                  Curious why you stay at PAC?

Comment

You may see more rondo and position play exercises at Pac this season because they had Todd Beane from TOVO out in July training the Pac coaches.

At the HS age group, a good number of their players are just kids looking for minutes that weren't getting them at their old clubs. The coaching may be solid, but the bulk of the players would be C teamers (or no teamers) at the bigger clubs.

Comment

Curious why you stay at PAC?
                      My kid likes playing on the same team with his friends. It’s his decision. If that changes, i assume we’d shop around.

Comment

eagleclaw

My kid likes playing on the same team with his friends. It’s his decision. If that changes, i assume we’d shop around.
                        Makes sense. We've also heard good things, but it seems the teams are still playing in a level that is lower than where my kids are playing, so difficult to switch. I would imagine given a few years they may become more competitive and it will be compelling to kids coming in at the younger age bands.

Comment

Seems like they try to explain some of the differences:

https://www.developingthefuture.club...ary-Leadership

Comment

Seems like they try to explain some of the differences:

https://www.developingthefuture.club...ary-Leadership
                            I like what they're trying to do.

But when your Executive/Technical Director is writing articles describing themselves (repeatedly) as a "lonely visionaries" (and the like), it is a bit off-putting. To say the least.

Maybe he's right. Maybe not. I'm not judging. I don't know enough about them to judge.

The point is that shouting from the rooftops about what a visionary you are doesn't make it so. And that kind of "holier-than-thou" attitude isn't going to convince me.

I'm much more curious about what they're actually doing, and whether their philosophy/ideals (which are facially appealing) are complemented by a competitive environment for training and games -- at the end of the day, with and against players who challenge you is a critical component in a young player's development.

Comment

EC

It seems Eagleclaw is different from the typical club because it truly addresses development of the individual players. Besides focusing and staying consistent on a single coaching philosophy, Spanish style, it is a somewhat smaller club and has a high coach to player ratio. The emphasis on Rondos creates strong possession ball and is implemented with positional play, and therefore even with the youngest players, they learn to read the game, make decisions while being creative, and therefore develop confidence. I've noticed the atmosphere is very friendly and positive with the director and staff knowing each player individually. The coaches fit the program well and the director is always working on increasing their knowledge as the club continues to grow and expand its direction, such as its affiliating with Valencia CF. There are also several pathways for players to participate and develop. In reference to which league they play in, it seems because they are private club with no geographic affiliated limitation and no need for board of directions, they play in PSPL under US Club soccer. Even though their emphasis is on development and not just winning, they have proven to be really competitive.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X