Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL Regional League Playoff Announcement

RICHMOND, VA (May 9, 2019) – The Girls ECNL Regional League platform will be formally launched this August with multiple leagues across the country, following successful pilot programs during the 2018-19 season.

Providing immediate meaning, winners of the 2019-2020 Girls ECNL Regional Leagues will qualify for the new Open Cup Division of the Girls ECNL Playoffs in June, where they will also compete against qualifying teams from the Girls ECNL.

Beginning in 2020, the Girls ECNL Open Cup will be the 4th division of the ECNL Playoffs, and will include three age groups (U15, U16, U17). Qualifying teams will compete in a knockout style bracket for the Open Cup championship. The ECNL Playoffs will continue to include the Champions League, North American Cup, and Showcase Cup divisions.

“Providing a post-season linkage between the ECNL Regional Leagues and the Girls ECNL itself will provide immediate exposure and value for players and teams in the ECNL Regional Leagues, while also allowing clubs to demonstrate their quality on a national stage,” said President Christian Lavers. “We are excited to begin creating a pathway that will provide opportunity to a whole new group of players and teams across the country.”

While extending an ECNL experience to new players and teams, the Girls ECNL Regional Leagues will also provide a platform for objective evaluation of new member clubs for the Girls ECNL in future years.

All Girls ECNL Regional Leagues will be operated and managed by the ECNL to insure professionalism and exceptional experience.

Additional information on the 2019-2020 Girls ECNL Regional League platform and membership will be released in the coming weeks.[/quote]

Sounds like some improvement over NE NPL. Interested in seeing what else they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Sounds like some improvement over NE NPL. Interested in seeing what else they do.
      Read it a little closer, definitely not an improvement and in fact may even be worse. Instead of having their own dedicated tournament these teams are now relegated to the fourth tier of a different league's tournament. These teams will not get any more exposure in terms of coaches and may even get less. Wake up people.

Comment

Read it a little closer, definitely not an improvement and in fact may even be worse. Instead of having their own dedicated tournament these teams are now relegated to the fourth tier of a different league's tournament. These teams will not get any more exposure in terms of coaches and may even get less. Wake up people.
        Geez, who peed in your Cheerios this morning? This is definitely an improvement over NE NPL! No college coaches go to NPL playoffs, heck barely any go to the finals championship. At least now, the 2nd teams will get a chance to play against ECNL teams at a showcase that has tons of college coaches. Maybe you haven't noticed but attendance at Disney, Wags, Bethesda and even Jeff Cup is way down now that coaches are factoring GDA showcases into their budget too!

Comment

Which is better:

- Their own dedicated tournament which no colleges attend

or

- Playing in a national showcase tournament where tons of colleges attend

Seems to me like the latter is far better.

Comment

Which is better:

- Their own dedicated tournament which no colleges attend

or

- Playing in a national showcase tournament where tons of colleges attend

Seems to me like the latter is far better.
            You're exactly the sucker they are selling to, good luck wasting your money.

Comment

I'm happy to be a sucker if it means my kid has a better opportunity to get where she wants to go!

Comment

Your Elite!

And, you are Elite!

And, you! And you! And of course you!!

Everybody is Elite!!

Yay!!

Comment

I'm happy to be a sucker if it means my kid has a better opportunity to get where she wants to go!
                  Congrats

Comment

Why does this make me a sucker? How is this a waste of money?

Comment

Not sure what you're getting at. My daughter is currently on a NE NPL team. That league is dissolving and the team will play ECNL RL next year. We've just been told that instead of the team possibly playing a 4-team/2 game tournament in June that almost no college coaches attend, we will go to the ECNL Showcase in June where dozens of coaches from schools my D has interest in will be. And this is somehow not better? You'll have to explain that one to me.

And before you tell me that no coaches at the ECNL Showcase will come see the "4th Division", I'll mention that in past years, D's team has played at the PDA Showcase and plenty of coaches whom she invited came to watch her play.

Comment

The ecnl showcases is on the west coast. Silly for the top tier northeast teams much less the lower tiers. Really wasteful use of resources.

Most northeast players are interested in eastern colleges. Seems more efficient to target the ID events of the schools that seem a good fit for your player. A dozen coaches watching are of no use when they are from schools that a kid won't be attending.

Comment

The ecnl showcases is on the west coast. Silly for the top tier northeast teams much less the lower tiers. Really wasteful use of resources.

Most northeast players are interested in eastern colleges. Seems more efficient to target the ID events of the schools that seem a good fit for your player. A dozen coaches watching are of no use when they are from schools that a kid won't be attending.
                          Thanks for the advice, while we're at it-what club should my kid play for? Better yet, what college should she go to? Any ideas on what she should major in?

Comment

Thanks for the advice, while we're at it-what club should my kid play for? Better yet, what college should she go to? Any ideas on what she should major in?
                            if she wants to go the west or elsewhere for college, have at it. Just saying most kids do not. That is just pesky facts and statistics. Nothing personal.

Comment

But they can parade around the same grounds as the big girls, show off their sleeve patches, and spend lots of money that will be a huge plus for ECNL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X