Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I posted the post you quoted. I completely agree with what you're saying. It's puzzling to me and something hard to make sense out of as you have people who say the only thing that matters in the selection process is talent. Well in theory that should always be the case. As you get into college and such that is indeed more the case but lets be objective and call it for what it is. When this much money is involved in youth sports you don't have the level of objectivity that should be the foundation of every decision.

Too many coaches doing private training or running other teams at same age group though other programs. If your family can't afford the extras and is just as good if not better than the others who are funneling money into the coaches pocket, guess who is getting the opportunities? All about money and the coach who has the kid and family in their face and lining their pocket is going to get more opportunities over a player of equal talent or even slightly better. I have seen it even where there was no question one is way more talented and the coach favors the family feeding her/his bank account.

Look at Rough Riders and LISC. Rough Riders uses the same coaches that coach their Academy and EDP teams at LISC. Not all kids do RR and LISC because their families can't afford it or they would like to take a break from soccer so guess who is getting preference? Rough Riders should be completely separate from and club affiliation like PDP and ODP.

Comment

Too many coaches doing private training or running other teams at same age group though other programs. If your family can't afford the extras and is just as good if not better than the others who are funneling money into the coaches pocket, guess who is getting the opportunities? All about money and the coach who has the kid and family in their face and lining their pocket is going to get more opportunities over a player of equal talent or even slightly better. I have seen it even where there was no question one is way more talented and the coach favors the family feeding her/his bank account.

Look at Rough Riders and LISC. Rough Riders uses the same coaches that coach their Academy and EDP teams at LISC. Not all kids do RR and LISC because their families can't afford it or they would like to take a break from soccer so guess who is getting preference? Rough Riders should be completely separate from and club affiliation like PDP and ODP.
      Huge conflict with this!

Comment

Huge conflict with this!
        The munchkin turns a blind eye to it all.

Comment

The munchkin turns a blind eye to it all.
          Who is the munchkin?

Comment

I posted the post you quoted. I completely agree with what you're saying. It's puzzling to me and something hard to make sense out of as you have people who say the only thing that matters in the selection process is talent. Well in theory that should always be the case. As you get into college and such that is indeed more the case but lets be objective and call it for what it is. When this much money is involved in youth sports you don't have the level of objectivity that should be the foundation of every decision.
            Fundamentally as a sport, soccer is subjective but these clubs take it to a whole different level! It's funny though, the players on my kid's team that are getting all the praise, awards and accolades are not the ones garnering the most attention from college coaches, who are objectively looking for the best players. It's somewhat entertaining to see the parents twitch when they find out that their little superstar was overlooked for a kid who doesn't even get a high five from the coach after the game.

Comment

Who is the munchkin?
              if you don't know the munchkin, you haven't truly lived.

Comment

if you don't know the munchkin, you haven't truly lived.
                The Irish Napoleon

Comment

The Irish Napoleon
                  What does he have to do with rough riders and lisc?

Comment

What does he have to do with rough riders and lisc?
                    I don't believe he has anything to do with this organization (singular) because they may have two different names but they are operating under one roof. LISC is the same as EM, Albertson, SUSA, etc... Lisc can have a large percentage of female coaches all they want but they are a business and are following the same business model the others are following. More bodies, more bodies and more bodies. The marketing ploy of we care and we have female coaches is about getting the numbers up and doing the same stuff the competing clubs are doing. They preach periodization, however the same coaches that say breaks are needed for the mental and physical well being of the player are allowing these kids to go 12 months out of the year between LISC and Rough Riders. Again bodies and money. Can't say one thing and do another when the kids and parents are looking to you for guidance and to have integrity. Just another example of a club that could be different and beneficial to the players long term growth if they actually followed though with their words. Famous words of these clubs..... You can pay through our website our mail a check here. Complete phonies in this soccer community.

Comment

I don't believe he has anything to do with this organization (singular) because they may have two different names but they are operating under one roof. LISC is the same as EM, Albertson, SUSA, etc... Lisc can have a large percentage of female coaches all they want but they are a business and are following the same business model the others are following. More bodies, more bodies and more bodies. The marketing ploy of we care and we have female coaches is about getting the numbers up and doing the same stuff the competing clubs are doing. They preach periodization, however the same coaches that say breaks are needed for the mental and physical well being of the player are allowing these kids to go 12 months out of the year between LISC and Rough Riders. Again bodies and money. Can't say one thing and do another when the kids and parents are looking to you for guidance and to have integrity. Just another example of a club that could be different and beneficial to the players long term growth if they actually followed though with their words. Famous words of these clubs..... You can pay through our website our mail a check here. Complete phonies in this soccer community.
                      Where the hell is the organization DA who oversees these clubs? They won’t allow High School soccer but they allow one of their member clubs having this above situation? Complete joke disappointing they allow clubs to put their bank account ahead of what’s best for the kids.

Comment

Where the hell is the organization DA who oversees these clubs? They won’t allow High School soccer but they allow one of their member clubs having this above situation? Complete joke disappointing they allow clubs to put their bank account ahead of what’s best for the kids.
                        sorry for the double post but not sure what thread would be able to answer below

Daughter is thinking of moving over to LISC with a couple of friends. I know they went through growing pains the past couple of years. Reading on the other thread captioned East Meadow is making me believe they are just like the rest of these large clubs. Also conflicted about her giving up school ball. Don't get it if you are allowed to do other programs like PDP, Rough Riders, Red Bulls why can't the kids play school ball?

Comment

sorry for the double post but not sure what thread would be able to answer below

Daughter is thinking of moving over to LISC with a couple of friends. I know they went through growing pains the past couple of years. Reading on the other thread captioned East Meadow is making me believe they are just like the rest of these large clubs. Also conflicted about her giving up school ball. Don't get it if you are allowed to do other programs like PDP, Rough Riders, Red Bulls why can't the kids play school ball?
                          Technically, if she plays in the DA you are not allowed to play school ball. Also, you would assume that playing for a DA club and at that level you wouldn't need to do supplemental training. But in my opinion, based on the success their teams have had so far and the amount of time, cost and travel that goes into it its not worth it. But you may need to find out for yourself.

Comment

Technically, if she plays in the DA you are not allowed to play school ball. Also, you would assume that playing for a DA club and at that level you wouldn't need to do supplemental training. But in my opinion, based on the success their teams have had so far and the amount of time, cost and travel that goes into it its not worth it. But you may need to find out for yourself.

Thank you for your reply.

Comment

RM got DA for EM and gave it to LISC and now is slowly becoming the feeder club.

Comment

RM got DA for EM and gave it to LISC and now is slowly becoming the feeder club.
                                RM nice photo chatting up the kid you chased away. You wanker.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X