Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Take a look at standings and the results against the other club ECNL programs. Seems like TBU is REALLY struggling. Why is that something that TBU people will not discuss? Why push back and ask people to define it as a form or deflection?
    From what the standings show, TBU is virtually in the same position as FC Prime, a first year club with a bunch of girls who haven’t played together before, playing for new coaches in new systems.

Comment

Why is this topic off limits when it applies to TBU ECNL? The program is not competitive and it really should be, what is going on?
      How is it not competitive? Isn't the goal to get players into college ? The boys U19 is in first place and most will play ball somewhere. Not all will play D1 sure but all will at least have an opportunity.

Next years team will follow the same path...isn't that the goal? the younger teams work hard to get their shot at college at the U18/19 level, its the natural progression. Put your time in, take your lumps and in the end you hopefully reach your goal as a team and player. Why are you judging 15 and 16 year old boys and girls as failures already ???

Comment

How is it not competitive? Isn't the goal to get players into college ? The boys U19 is in first place and most will play ball somewhere. Not all will play D1 sure but all will at least have an opportunity.

Next years team will follow the same path...isn't that the goal? the younger teams work hard to get their shot at college at the U18/19 level, its the natural progression. Put your time in, take your lumps and in the end you hopefully reach your goal as a team and player. Why are you judging 15 and 16 year old boys and girls as failures already ???
        This is a great perspective. Our daughter is a senior this year and if all goes well will start her college soccer next Fall. Your comment about the "natural progression" is spot on. You really have to trust the process. During her 11 years of soccer she's had some great experiences (winning teams, cool parents, great coaches, fun team mates, etc.) and some not so great experiences (losing teams, crazy parents, lazy coaches, snarky team mates, etc.). But she wouldn't trade any of it and it's all contributed to her "development." The good and the bad all combined have prepared her for the next level. I think some families are naive and expect all these things to be peerfect for 11 years!

Comment

This is a great perspective. Our daughter is a senior this year and if all goes well will start her college soccer next Fall. Your comment about the "natural progression" is spot on. You really have to trust the process. During her 11 years of soccer she's had some great experiences (winning teams, cool parents, great coaches, fun team mates, etc.) and some not so great experiences (losing teams, crazy parents, lazy coaches, snarky team mates, etc.). But she wouldn't trade any of it and it's all contributed to her "development." The good and the bad all combined have prepared her for the next level. I think some families are naive and expect all these things to be peerfect for 11 years!
          Amen, Our "Soccer Journey" is over this year as he heads to College and we wouldn't trade the last 12 years for anything! Good luck to everyone and enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

I heard a club in Michigan pairs up families with younger kids (like U8) when they join the club with families with older kids (like U16) so that the more experienced families can help the new families navigate the whole process better. Makes a ton of sense so the new families can benefit from the "lessons learned."

Comment

I heard a club in Michigan pairs up families with younger kids (like U8) when they join the club with families with older kids (like U16) so that the more experienced families can help the new families navigate the whole process better. Makes a ton of sense so the new families can benefit from the "lessons learned."
              None of these last posts answers any questions at all about why the TBU teams (the majority of them) and losing so many games and are very low in the standings.

Does the TBU leadership not allow people to discuss this topic? It's very bizarre

Comment

None of these last posts answers any questions at all about why the TBU teams (the majority of them) and losing so many games and are very low in the standings.

Does the TBU leadership not allow people to discuss this topic? It's very bizarre
                Crawl back in your hole troll ....

Comment

No they do not. It is discussed at the first week of practice. All retorts must consist of Our Committments, slander WFF, or deflection.

Comment

No they do not. It is discussed at the first week of practice. All retorts must consist of Our Committments, slander WFF, or deflection.
                    It sure does seem like there is truth to what you’re saying!
                    How can everyone be sitting back and looking at the standings and team records and say “yeah this is working”?
                    Doesn’t seem like a sustainable model to me

Comment

How can everyone be sitting back and looking at the standings and team records and say “yeah this is working”?
                      O.K. you've been beating this drum about "standings and team records" for weeks. Winning feels better than losing but - really - what is the actual importance of "standings and team records" in Youth Soccer?

I mean the actual importance of it? I understand when you are playing for something as important as the "almighty State Cup" those W-Ls and GotSoccer points are critical!

Clearly, the "standings and team records" are not holding any kids back from a very bright future. Maybe that's why nobody is complaining - except for you.

Comment

O.K. you've been beating this drum about "standings and team records" for weeks. Winning feels better than losing but - really - what is the actual importance of "standings and team records" in Youth Soccer?

I mean the actual importance of it? I understand when you are playing for something as important as the "almighty State Cup" those W-Ls and GotSoccer points are critical!

Clearly, the "standings and team records" are not holding any kids back from a very bright future. Maybe that's why nobody is complaining - except for you.

^^^Amen.

Comment

So last year their teams hovered somewhere around 3rd to 6th out of 12 in the ECNL league at the end of the season. This year, the teams are more like 7th to 10th out of 12 (year to date, midway through the season). (this is in general; I haven't checked each team).

What exactly are you proposing they do? Just fold the club and issue refunds to all? All they can do is keep playing, keep fighting and keep trying to improve. In the meantime (yes I know they have a losing record, so I'm not deflecting!!!!!!!!!) they are doing well on the recruiting side.

What's your solution?

Comment

Lol...no need to slander WFF. Everyone knows they are a mediocre club.

Comment

The issue is the majority of TBU folks slam WFF because of their record in GDA, but when similar records of TBU are brought up, there’s zero acknowledgement of it.

Comment

The issue is the majority of TBU folks slam WFF because of their record in GDA, but when similar records of TBU are brought up, there’s zero acknowledgement of it.

There is a difference in your statement. Yes TBU is struggling in ECNL and so is WFF in GDA. Point taken. However, the difference that actually MATTERS, is that TBU is signing players at the next level, quadruple the amount of WFF. At the end of the day, isn't that the goal.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X