Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    By gda age that is not the case. Most don't value winning against a weak competitor because it isn't valuable and everyone knows it. Winning against a strong competitor isn't inherently valuable either but at least offers more developmental opportunities
    I largely agree. But losing all the time just sucks. So do blowout games when you're the winner by 7 points. Even more when you drive 5 hours for one game.

Comment

I largely agree. But losing all the time just sucks. So do blowout games when you're the winner by 7 points. Even more when you drive 5 hours for one game.
      Comparing the NE teams in both ECNL and GDA, is it fair to assume that ECNL offers a more competitive line-up of clubs at this point?

Comment

Comparing the NE teams in both ECNL and GDA, is it fair to assume that ECNL offers a more competitive line-up of clubs at this point?
        is it fair to ask if it matters? no one has shown me that it makes any significant difference to a players trajectory.

Comment

By gda age that is not the case. Most don't value winning against a weak competitor because it isn't valuable and everyone knows it. Winning against a strong competitor isn't inherently valuable either but at least offers more developmental opportunities
          Im still waiting on real examples. not hearsay.You really think parents do not value winning above everything else ?

Comment

is it fair to ask if it matters? no one has shown me that it makes any significant difference to a players trajectory.
            So you are suggesting that keeping your daughter in the town Rec league is comparable to the development she would get playing for a DA club?

Comment

So you are suggesting that keeping your daughter in the town Rec league is comparable to the development she would get playing for a DA club?
              Now you have shifted the goal posts. all the back and forth is about equivalent clubs, not dramatically different levels.

I have yet to see any players trajectory dramatically altered by the nonsense that is debated here. eg is GDA "better" than ECNL or vice versa. Is PDA the best. Is NYCFC bad because the league is not competitive.

The differences between the Clubs in the NE are what they are, but none of them are turning coal into diamonds and its more factors of environment and fit that make the difference for individuals, not how many wins, showcase wins, commit lists or other non factors.

Comment

I really don't think it does matter that much. It would be nice if talent was more concentrated on one league (honestly don't really care about which one that is) so that the overall level of play would rise. Don't see that happening however. If one leagues dies, another one will probably launch. Must be a good business.

Comment

I really don't think it does matter that much. It would be nice if talent was more concentrated on one league (honestly don't really care about which one that is) so that the overall level of play would rise. Don't see that happening however. If one leagues dies, another one will probably launch. Must be a good business.
                  it is. the clients are largely wealthy, naive and happy to pay as long as you tell them Jane is great . Easy money

Comment

yes, thats a big jump and adjustment, maybe too much especially without patience.

Comment

Ny gda

it is. the clients are largely wealthy, naive and happy to pay as long as you tell them Jane is great . Easy money
                      You are probably 100% on point with this statement.

Comment

For the city!!!

Comment

So again we come to the decision we need to make. If NYCFC pulls out, do we try to get all our kids on a GDA team we know will have weak competition, or do we seek out the Tryouts at WC and CFC? I am told the announcement will be made after the ECNL event this month with respect to the ECNL players

Comment

So again we come to the decision we need to make. If NYCFC pulls out, do we try to get all our kids on a GDA team we know will have weak competition, or do we seek out the Tryouts at WC and CFC? I am told the announcement will be made after the ECNL event this month with respect to the ECNL players
                            You should go to Cedar Stars, heard they will pave your driveway if you join.

Comment

You know nothing John Blow...

Comment

Last night at practice they made an announcement, they said that Patrick Viera is coming back to coach the girls teams, I swear!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X