Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I had several roommates of the opposite sex (straight) and 2 who were gay before I was married. Guess what. Every relationship was platonic. It's almost like adults can control themselves and not jump into bed with everyone they meet. Weird, huh?

Pssssst, Grandpa. The 1950s are calling. They miss you.
    Did you have separate rooms so you could dress in private? Not all college dorm rooms manage that.

Comment

I had several roommates of the opposite sex (straight) and 2 who were gay before I was married. Guess what. Every relationship was platonic. It's almost like adults can control themselves and not jump into bed with everyone they meet. Weird, huh?

You were likely a twenty-ish adult. We are talking 18 year olds with their first experience living alone. Males and females are NEVER roommates in a campus dorm for a reason. They are not adults yet.

Comment

So you think my 18 year old straight daughter is going to go to college and see her gay roommate changing and "turn gay"? I am not following the issue.

Further, if my child told me she was gay, it wouldn't matter one bit. So even if catching gayness was a real thing and not a figment of your homophobic brain, it still wouldn't be a reason to not choose Smith.

Here i was thinking the most ignorant comment I'd see would be that D3 soccer isn't worth playing but nope. Good Lord.

Comment

Our athletic daughters actually cross the sexual preference issue much earlier and deal with it much better than most parents. The only time it would be an issue is if you raised your kid to be a homophobe. If you raise a confident kid this whole issue is a nothing burger.

Comment

If that % is right her chance of getting a gay roommate is not low. How would that be different from having a male roommate?
            You mean because we all know male roommates and gay female roommates are so prone to sexual assault. These views being expressed here are as pathetic as those claim accepting homosexuality is the same as or a slippery slope to pedophilia.

Comment

Excuse me...I thought I was visiting the Massachusetts site. I see this is Wyoming.

Comment

Our athletic daughters actually cross the sexual preference issue much earlier and deal with it much better than most parents. The only time it would be an issue is if you raised your kid to be a homophobe. If you raise a confident kid this whole issue is a nothing burger.
                Not only that but to kids today it's just not a thing at all. It's the adults who are uptight about it.

Comment

Not only that but to kids today it's just not a thing at all. It's the adults who are uptight about it.
                  And these amazing kids go to a school that prohibits half of their planet from attending.

Comment

And these amazing kids go to a school that prohibits half of their planet from attending.
                    What???

Comment

Given the stats on campus sexual assaults attending an all girls school may not be a bad idea

Comment

Are we seriously talking about Smith on a soccer site. I wouldn’t even talk about Smith on a non-Soccer site. Wellesley is a better school and doesn’t look deserted when you go on campus, and I wouldn’t think Wellesley deserves a mention here either.

Comment

So, you're making a civil rights pitch??? Save those white men! Wow.

Comment

Are we seriously talking about Smith on a soccer site. I wouldn’t even talk about Smith on a non-Soccer site. Wellesley is a better school and doesn’t look deserted when you go on campus, and I wouldn’t think Wellesley deserves a mention here either.
                            I'm surprised to see references to Smith and Wellesley too. But what has the world come to when we're calling a school ranked #4 or #5 among LACs "better" than one ranked #11 or #12? Is this the same person who has no clue about UCLA?

Comment

So, you're making a civil rights pitch??? Save those white men! Wow.
                              They don’t let men of any color go there.

Comment

They don’t let men of any color go there.
                                What if a student decides to identify as male?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X