•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So you think the kid sucks- that’s nice
    Do you feel better about yourself?
    Don't ever promote your kid on TS. This thread is what you get.

Comment

If he was any good, why UCONN?
      They suck. Failed badly last year.
      RR sucks as well.
      On top of that RR will not play him because he does not have the resume of other players on the team. No DA and not foreign. Not even ECNL.

Comment

Seen plenty of press on this kid all year, amazing high school career and came through in big games. Moral of the story here seems to be if you play crappy club, it crushes your recruiting chances. This is kid should have been lighting up the board at mid majors likes Bucknell and Colgate. Having your choices come down to some NESCACs and a late offer from UConn suggests complete disorganization

Comment

Seen plenty of press on this kid all year, amazing high school career and came through in big games. Moral of the story here seems to be if you play crappy club, it crushes your recruiting chances. This is kid should have been lighting up the board at mid majors likes Bucknell and Colgate. Having your choices come down to some NESCACs and a late offer from UConn suggests complete disorganization
          And before anyone suggests differently, playing at a Patriot league school and getting that degree blows away rotting on the bench at UConn like some of these Oakwood kids do

Comment

Don't ever promote your kid on TS. This thread is what you get.
            You don’t have to promote your kid- if they are legit they get hammered on threads regardless
            Seems the boys fly more under the radar
            Girls get savaged

Comment

Part of the discussion is the cold hard reality that lots of players with "great" HS careers flame out in college. Bad odds as it is in D1 sports, let alone getting recruited late and playing in a weak league. Maybe he will defy tough odds.

If you've spent any time here you learn the #1 rule - don't promote your kid on TS. It never goes well
              I don't know, the best kid on my college team was a walk on accounting major that made the team and then never left the field. Another, a kid with no accolades that caught interest of coach at summer camp and made all big east twice. Maybe the kid is good from hand, but the leg swiping on this site is pretty pathetic. I don't know the kid, seen him play a bunch, rooting for him. What else is there? Root against kids developed in CT?

Comment

And before anyone suggests differently, playing at a Patriot league school and getting that degree blows away rotting on the bench at UConn like some of these Oakwood kids do
                But if you can't afford those schools (because chances are you wouldn't get big$) then paying in state tuition becomes a more appealing option. The kid may have really wanted UCONN regardless. It's just not realistic that he'll play much. It's pretty clear who RR picks as his top recruits and who is on the field

And no, getting lots of press in high school and awards does not mean they'll light it up in college. It's all about targeting the right program and earning your time on the field. HS accolades stay home in your childhood bedroom, collecting dust

Comment

I don't know, the best kid on my college team was a walk on accounting major that made the team and then never left the field. Another, a kid with no accolades that caught interest of coach at summer camp and made all big east twice. Maybe the kid is good from hand, but the leg swiping on this site is pretty pathetic. I don't know the kid, seen him play a bunch, rooting for him. What else is there? Root against kids developed in CT?
                  Not the poster but walkons finding success are pretty rare. Back in our day coaches had more limited scouting abilities. Now between showcases, ID events, video....coaches have loads of talent they can better evaluate than before.

No one is rooting against anyone, at least I'm not. Kudos to him for even getting a spot. However, there's blind optimism vs realism.

Comment

Not the poster but walkons finding success are pretty rare. Back in our day coaches had more limited scouting abilities. Now between showcases, ID events, video....coaches have loads of talent they can better evaluate than before.

No one is rooting against anyone, at least I'm not. Kudos to him for even getting a spot. However, there's blind optimism vs realism.
                    Kid at no fault of his own was 2 time all american, player of the year, won 3 state championships... because he doesn't play at an ecnl school he's not good? Jees - you people are touched

Comment

"ECNL school"??!

Comment

CT Player of the Year going to UCONN is not that surprising. From a club standpoint he played for a very good young coach who was also his high school coach. Even on this board they tell you to find a good team and coach and stick with it. Sounds like this kid did it the right way. I will be rooting for him and UCONN.

Comment

"ECNL school"??!
                          you homers are impossible. we know what this person meant. I agree with the 'touched' comment

Comment

Scott Testori of Hand HS and CT Rush 2003 has committed to UCONN. He won 3 Class L State titles and went 11-0 at Hand for his senior year. Pretty impressive HS career. His CT Rush team has been one of the top teams in the region for several years.
                            Come on everyone in this thread...we got a High School kid here.

No need for dumb bashing by these keyboard warriors.

Find better things to do....go help an old lady cross the street

Comment

Have you looked at UCONN roster, it is crap. They are happy to take anyone.
                              Good luck to the kid. I would hate to play for RR.

Comment

Take a look at the female bashing on TS. Looks like you "men" can't handle the rough riders on this site. I guess it is OK to tear young women apart here but not young men??? Welcome to the jungle. This site is not for all. If you are a real baller they talk about you here and you get bashed on TS so take it as a compliment and move on!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X