Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Soccer

Like HS soccer or not glad to see all kids playing it without limitations unlike the DA days which forbade it. The puzzling thing is the same academies and trainers that drilled into everyone that HS soccer should be avoided at all costs are now completely changing their tune. Amazing how a change in the business model seems to change everyone’s “philosophy”. From experience playing both club and HS in the Fall was way too much and created overuse injuries and many conflicts. ECNL seems to do it right....no training during HS season just let the kids to their thing in HS.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Like HS soccer or not glad to see all kids playing it without limitations unlike the DA days which forbade it. The puzzling thing is the same academies and trainers that drilled into everyone that HS soccer should be avoided at all costs are now completely changing their tune. Amazing how a change in the business model seems to change everyone’s “philosophy”. From experience playing both club and HS in the Fall was way too much and created overuse injuries and many conflicts. ECNL seems to do it right....no training during HS season just let the kids to their thing in HS.
    Yet during semi finals we see 25% blow out games that are not competitive. It was 40% during quarters. If you think blow out games at top state competition contribute to development your point of view may be skewed.

Comment

Yet during semi finals we see 25% blow out games that are not competitive. It was 40% during quarters. If you think blow out games at top state competition contribute to development your point of view may be skewed.
      I guess you missed the point

Comment

Much like the GA games which reflect scores like fourteen nil right? And there are quite a few more in the 7,8,9 nil range on a regular basis. How do those blow out games contribute to development and a quality league top to bottom???

Comment

Great point, ECNL does it right and the other league just wants to grab players time unnecessarily during HS season. Why push a 10 month season at least learn from the DA debacle.

Comment

Great point, ECNL does it right and the other league just wants to grab players time unnecessarily during HS season. Why push a 10 month season at least learn from the DA debacle.
            Who really cares?!?! At this point all of the leagues are pretty much irrelevant- you can thank Murphy and all the libs that elected him! NCAA dead period until 4/15 none of the “national” soccer leagues are relevant! Covid could very well be the death knell of these national soccer leagues!

Comment

Who really cares?!?! At this point all of the leagues are pretty much irrelevant- you can thank Murphy and all the libs that elected him! NCAA dead period until 4/15 none of the “national” soccer leagues are relevant! Covid could very well be the death knell of these national soccer leagues!
              DMs father was ashamed of his son for bringing disgrace to his family name in Wall for the atrocity that he committed when president of the wall soccer club and what he did to his employers and friends. Shame on DM for what he did to our soccer club and our town. Hopefully he never shows his face in Goodsports our club's soccer complex.

Comment

HS is the death of soccer. great for parents to show off kids. horrible for kids that get hacked and are injured for the next 4-6 months.

Comment

ECNL not going anywhere, on the other hand an unproved brand like GAL will be affected for sure. Tough sell when you have no showcases, no results, no track record, unlike ECNL.

Comment

DMs father was ashamed of his son for bringing disgrace to his family name in Wall for the atrocity that he committed when president of the wall soccer club and what he did to his employers and friends. Shame on DM for what he did to our soccer club and our town. Hopefully he never shows his face in Goodsports our club's soccer complex.
                    More Fake News nonsense

Comment

More Fake News nonsense
                      saying "fake news" does not erase the truth

Comment

People can debate this all they want but Girls want to play HS. Period. DA had some great things going for it except one major flaw in not being able to play HS. Now that my D is allowed to play HS I can't believe she could have missed the experience if DA stayed together. Now the debate about GA is another discussion. Not impressed and I don't see it lasting

Comment

People can debate this all they want but Girls want to play HS. Period. DA had some great things going for it except one major flaw in not being able to play HS. Now that my D is allowed to play HS I can't believe she could have missed the experience if DA stayed together. Now the debate about GA is another discussion. Not impressed and I don't see it lasting
                          Agree about HS, I know the style of play in not perfect but it’s been a great experience for us as well. I guess it depends what school/situation you’re in. As for GA it is a work in progress if it lasts, we not see it’s full potential for quite some time. The strange thing about GAL is even though HS is “allowed”, they still want to consume the kids time with games and training during the HS season, which creates an instant conflict for the young ladies that are trying to please both sides.

Comment

I think this varies depending on the quality of the HS program. If the program has a shot at a county or state title (or is at least good enough to get past the 1st round in the tournaments), then I agree with you. But if they HS program is one of those perennial losing programs, then there really is no enjoyment for the players.

Comment

I think this varies depending on the quality of the HS program. If the program has a shot at a county or state title (or is at least good enough to get past the 1st round in the tournaments), then I agree with you. But if they HS program is one of those perennial losing programs, then there really is no enjoyment for the players.
                              Sure. Some won't have the same experience in HS but the point is the vast majority of players WANT to play. We can debate all day about the quality of play and other issues with HS but at the end of the day most girls want to play HS and any program that conflicts with that will have any issue.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X