Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So no skin in the game here but the good new is you daughter is 11 and to go to a place because of d1 scholarships at this point is insane.
    Also reading some of these post most of you on here are seriously sick and have serious issues.
    As a former MF (ECNL Denville) parent I agree that at 11 its crazy to be thinking of college already..but that said I would advise that PDA is a far better club. MF training was not good and if you get demoted to b team its even worse as they do not have the fields to accomodate all the teams so b teams get an 1/8 or maybe a 1/4 of a field to train....plus the large rosters of up to 30 players with only 18 allowed to dress so you have sometimes very little actual game time.....

Comment

Best coaches around? Seriously? RT is probably one of the worst, and that's being kind. Hes not a coach, hes a recruiter. My daughter is on his 09 team and I'm paying a ton of money to get her the proper training OUTSIDE the club. We WILL BE LEAVING next fall for PDA. In fact, Soccer Wire has them listed as the #1 academy, and the only NJ academy to have the most scholarships to D1 schools in the country. Say all you want about PDA, they still are the best in the country and our ****hole club was probably the worst mistake we ever made.
      https://www.soccerwire.com/news/whic...t-25-programs/
      Correction, that list is only top 25 schools as averaged over the last 5yrs and PDA had half go to Rutgers while no other team on that list had more than 2 going to the same school. With that there are over 300 D1 schools and just about any club will have players going to them.

Planning for college by way of club at 11 is NUTS. Save the money and play for a reasonably good USYS club and spend the extra money on training. Move to PDA when she hits u14/u15.

Comment

Correction, that list is only top 25 schools as averaged over the last 5yrs and PDA had half go to Rutgers while no other team on that list had more than 2 going to the same school. With that there are over 300 D1 schools and just about any club will have players going to them.

Planning for college by way of club at 11 is NUTS. Save the money and play for a reasonably good USYS club and spend the extra money on training. Move to PDA when she hits u14/u15.
        Totally agree. More than half went to Rutgers because of MO connection with the program

Comment

Totally agree. More than half went to Rutgers because of MO connection with the program
          It’s crazy how the NCAA allows a head coach to be running an academy isn’t that a recruiting issue? That would be like Calipari or Saban coaching AAU or Football HS aged kids, you will never ever see that. Why/how is that allowed in soccer?

Comment

Best coaches around? Seriously? RT is probably one of the worst, and that's being kind. Hes not a coach, hes a recruiter. My daughter is on his 09 team and I'm paying a ton of money to get her the proper training OUTSIDE the club. We WILL BE LEAVING next fall for PDA. In fact, Soccer Wire has them listed as the #1 academy, and the only NJ academy to have the most scholarships to D1 schools in the country. Say all you want about PDA, they still are the best in the country and our ****hole club was probably the worst mistake we ever made.
            https://www.soccerwire.com/news/whic...t-25-programs/
            Most quality players train outside their club. PDA is no different, the only difference is they tell you where/who you can and cannot train with.

Comment

As a former MF (ECNL Denville) parent I agree that at 11 its crazy to be thinking of college already..but that said I would advise that PDA is a far better club. MF training was not good and if you get demoted to b team its even worse as they do not have the fields to accomodate all the teams so b teams get an 1/8 or maybe a 1/4 of a field to train....plus the large rosters of up to 30 players with only 18 allowed to dress so you have sometimes very little actual game time.....
              Again man we are talking about an 11 year old kid. I honestly feel bad for the kids with such insane parents. Worried about scholarships. Let’s just worry about them being healthy and becoming good kids. In High school you want to be delusional because you are of superior genetics then have at it. Until then chill the hell out.

Comment

Again man we are talking about an 11 year old kid. I honestly feel bad for the kids with such insane parents. Worried about scholarships. Let’s just worry about them being healthy and becoming good kids. In High school you want to be delusional because you are of superior genetics then have at it. Until then chill the hell out.
                That was my point...having been thru the many levels (and coached as well and have a spouse that was a D1 full ride player) I have seen so many parents driving their kids at younger and younger ages with crazy ideas of college scholarships...private trainers, insane coaching from sidelines, blindly yelling for their players to run over ,thru the other team...even have had parents telling their kid to hurt my D when they could not defend her....

Youth sports in general has become out of control..between the parents , coaches, and clubs it is sucking the joy out of playing for many..not to mention all $$$ out out bank accounts...

Comment

That was my point...having been thru the many levels (and coached as well and have a spouse that was a D1 full ride player) I have seen so many parents driving their kids at younger and younger ages with crazy ideas of college scholarships...private trainers, insane coaching from sidelines, blindly yelling for their players to run over ,thru the other team...even have had parents telling their kid to hurt my D when they could not defend her....

Youth sports in general has become out of control..between the parents , coaches, and clubs it is sucking the joy out of playing for many..not to mention all $$$ out out bank accounts...
                  It really is horrible and the worst part is that it not only ruins their own experiences but it ruins the game for the normal kids and families as well. That is the real crime. If you want to screw up your kids time, thats your business but to have that then impact other kids is a real issue.

Comment

It’s crazy how the NCAA allows a head coach to be running an academy isn’t that a recruiting issue? That would be like Calipari or Saban coaching AAU or Football HS aged kids, you will never ever see that. Why/how is that allowed in soccer?
                    Are you kidding?

Calipari and Saban run camps at their school and in other States!

Remember the backlash it caused when Harbaugh brought his U-M camp to Paramus:
                    https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...rsey/85632326/

If college coaches had the time, they absolutely would employ strategies at a neighboring, renown academy.

Comment

Are you kidding?

Calipari and Saban run camps at their school and in other States!

Remember the backlash it caused when Harbaugh brought his U-M camp to Paramus:
                      https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...rsey/85632326/

If college coaches had the time, they absolutely would employ strategies at a neighboring, renown academy.
                      If the Rutgers coach was running Rutgers soccer camps then I see your point. Last time I checked PDA did not have the name Rutgers in it not is it officially affiliated with the state university. Running camps with the university name and running a youth sporting academy are two totally different things....

Comment

Can’t wait Finally a Quality well established club in the Shore Area. Definitely sending my daughters and her teammates to it.
                        stop wasting your time and money on a BS club.

Comment

They keep having ID sessions to get that $$$$
                          If you are already committed you can get screwed, they bring in girls half way through the year and let them play spring and testing for free
                          Give them preferential treatment so they have them locked in for the next fall
                          It’s a perfect money grab

Comment

They keep having ID sessions to get that $$$$
                            If you are already committed you can get screwed, they bring in girls half way through the year and let them play spring and testing for free
                            Give them preferential treatment so they have them locked in for the next fall
                            It’s a perfect money grab
                            Can tell you from personal experience that is correct. Had a roster of almost 30 at one point on U14 team! Plus they will have girls who don't practice at all with MF but listed so they can play in games ..usually high level players that live too far away to get to Denville.

DB knows that so many parents will jump at being able to say their D plays in ECNL....and he banks on it..no need to work at it!

Comment

Can tell you from personal experience that is correct. Had a roster of almost 30 at one point on U14 team! Plus they will have girls who don't practice at all with MF but listed so they can play in games ..usually high level players that live too far away to get to Denville.

DB knows that so many parents will jump at being able to say their D plays in ECNL....and he banks on it..no need to work at it!
                              Yes its become more about the $$ than the kids!

Comment

So....
                                Holmdel NJX
                                + West Windsor Plainsboro == dying club
                                + NJ Surf == scandalous club resurrected from GPS
                                + Montclair United
                                + Match Fit
                                + Hub Soccer
                                + Watchung Hills
                                = Match Fit ECNL?
                                Good luck

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X