Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Correct - because games were regional and cross divisional with some teams playing as many as 12 games and some as few as 3 - coaches were allowed to nominate only 3 players. They were asked to nominate a 1st team player, a second team player and a HM player. There was no vote this year. The coaches 3 selections make those teams unless the team advances to the semis or finals.
    According to the NHSCA website, All-state voting is 11/6. What is there to vote for if players are placed on teams at their coach's discretion?

Comment

According to the NHSCA website, All-state voting is 11/6. What is there to vote for if players are placed on teams at their coach's discretion?
      Pay attention ( I am a NHSCA coach for the last 27 years): There is NO vote this year. That is the virtual meeting for the end of the year, All Region and All American votes. The NHSCA is NOT voting on ALL State this year!

Comment

What does that mean "unless the team advanced to semis or finals" is that when others would vote?
        If a team advances to the semis and finals, their 2nd Team player gets added to the 1st team and their HM now moves up to 2nd team...

Comment

If a team advances to the semis and finals, their 2nd Team player gets added to the 1st team and their HM now moves up to 2nd team...
          That can not be true...

Comment

That can not be true...
            Jesus, Mary and Joseph - people on this board are dumber than a bag of hammers- Copied from the email directly from the NHSCA President:

"All STATE NOMINATIONS DUE FRIDAY OCT. 30th

So the board has decided that this is how all-state voting will work. The board believes that this will be the fairest way possible to pick a team since most schools will not play each other in their own division. As well as some teams will play 4 games others 12 games. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ABOUT THIS IT IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE

You can nominate three players

Player #1 will make first team all-state

Player #2 will make second team all-state

Player #3 will be honorable mention

NO VOTING WILL TAKE PLACE

NEXT
            If you make the semi finals your 2nd team player will move to 1st team and your honorable mention will become 2nd team

NEXT
            If you make the finals you will send me a fourth nomination and they will receive honorable mention"

Unlike Trump and his conspiracy claims - I can actually provide you with proof of how this worked this year.

Comment

Jeezus no reason to turn this political. I think you are looking for the Mass thread.

I've been following, but not actively participating since my D doesn't play HS. I think the reason why it's confusing because it's a ridiculous set of rules.

Comment

Jeezus no reason to turn this political. I think you are looking for the Mass thread.

I've been following, but not actively participating since my D doesn't play HS. I think the reason why it's confusing because it's a ridiculous set of rules.
                how are the rules confusing????
                they seem very clear cut

Comment

how are the rules confusing????
                  they seem very clear cut
                  If you have two excellent players, only one gets nominated for first team.

If you advance in the tournament, your players get bumped ahead of someone else.

Sorry, didn't mean confusing. Meant fvckin' ridiculous.

In the meantime, take your 27 years of HS soccer coaching skills and shove 'em up your arse.

Comment

Why not skip this year. There's barely an ounce of integrity in the voting process anyways (vote for my kid and I'll vote for yours), but this is ridiculous.

Comment

If you have two excellent players, only one gets nominated for first team.

If you advance in the tournament, your players get bumped ahead of someone else.

Sorry, didn't mean confusing. Meant fvckin' ridiculous.

In the meantime, take your 27 years of HS soccer coaching skills and shove 'em up your arse.
                      I will print your comment and hang it next to my 3 state titles! :)

Comment

I will print your comment and hang it next to my 3 state titles! :)
                        LOL. 3 State Titles in 27 years. In New Hampshire.

Go get 'em.

Comment

LOL. 3 State Titles in 27 years. In New Hampshire.

Go get 'em.
                          and my 4 runner up titles and my 400 wins... LOL!

Comment

and my 4 runner up titles and my 400 wins... LOL!
                            In NH....

LOL!

Comment

He must be a pretty good coach. His old team didn't get past the round of 16 for the first time in 34 years without him.

Comment

Let's see. How many coaches have won 400+ games (boys and girls)? 5

How many have coached for 27+ years? All 5

Of those, how many have won 3 titles? 0

Now, some won more than 3.

So, best guess, you are one of two people...one from girls and one from boys. Each have won more than that and coached longer, but the profile fits closely. Of those, the girls coach is pure class, so he wouldn't come on here and insult the crowd like that. The boys, however? Yeah, the dickhat fits pretty neatly here, Pete.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X