X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Please tell us how it's done then!
    Step 1: NHSCA Board sends out the nomination sheets for coaches to nominate kids.
    Step 2: NHSCA Coaches then receive a ballot with ALL of the players nominated for All State.
    Step 3: Coaches vote for the allotted number of players in each position.
    Step 4: The votes are counted by the NHSCA Board
    Step 5: If there is a tie in 1st team or Second Team, the coaches in each division who are present (most years only 1/2 of the coaches show) discuss the tie breakers and determine who will in the event of a tie only - make 1st, second, or HM.

Comment

Please tell us how it's done then!
      not a prophesy, i have actually done itif you have never casted a vote, please talk to someone who has before you come on here and look stupid

Comment

New process this year, submissions have already been done.

Comment

Step 1: NHSCA Board sends out the nomination sheets for coaches to nominate kids.
          Step 2: NHSCA Coaches then receive a ballot with ALL of the players nominated for All State.
          Step 3: Coaches vote for the allotted number of players in each position.
          Step 4: The votes are counted by the NHSCA Board
          Step 5: If there is a tie in 1st team or Second Team, the coaches in each division who are present (most years only 1/2 of the coaches show) discuss the tie breakers and determine who will in the event of a tie only - make 1st, second, or HM.
          Thanks for clarifying. I feel that this reinforces my original point. How do other coaches make their decisions based on limited game sample size? Some are simple. Goalie from Lebanon has an excellent track record: multiple all-state honors, going to play D1 in college, held high end teams in D1 and D2 to one goal each this year. After the truly exceptional players, is the rest really just a guesstimate?

Comment

New process this year, submissions have already been done.
            What is the new process? I did hear only 3 were nominated from each team this year.

Comment

What is the new process? I did hear only 3 were nominated from each team this year.
              I agree with putting a little more responsibility on the coach to nominate only the best few from each team. In the past I have heard the numbers were up to 5 or 7 could be nominated by each team. No team within a division of close to 20 teams usually has that many of the top 44 all state selections.

Comment

Correct - because games were regional and cross divisional with some teams playing as many as 12 games and some as few as 3 - coaches were allowed to nominate only 3 players. They were asked to nominate a 1st team player, a second team player and a HM player. There was no vote this year. The coaches 3 selections make those teams unless the team advances to the semis or finals.

Comment

Correct - because games were regional and cross divisional with some teams playing as many as 12 games and some as few as 3 - coaches were allowed to nominate only 3 players. They were asked to nominate a 1st team player, a second team player and a HM player. There was no vote this year. The coaches 3 selections make those teams unless the team advances to the semis or finals.
                  With 20+ teams how will there be 20+ 1st team, 2nd team and HB?

Comment

I agree with putting a little more responsibility on the coach to nominate only the best few from each team. In the past I have heard the numbers were up to 5 or 7 could be nominated by each team. No team within a division of close to 20 teams usually has that many of the top 44 all state selections.
                    I remember several years ago Merrimack sent in 7 or 8 selections...They missed the playoffs that year!

Comment

What does that mean "unless the team advanced to semis or finals" is that when others would vote?

Comment

What does that mean "unless the team advanced to semis or finals" is that when others would vote?
                        Right, why does team finish matter?

Comment

Right, why does team finish matter?
                          Because they would be better than most other teams and by logic their players would be better. But let's be honest, none of this really matters during these crazy times. Everyone (mostly) got to play a season and so who cares if we hand out a few more all-state recognitions than most year's. Teams are dropping out of the tournament every day due to Covid tracing. One div 4 team didn't even get to play one second of post-season because their opponent didn't want to honor their masks policy.
                          Anyone still standing at this point should get an achievement award.

Comment

Because they would be better than most other teams and by logic their players would be better. But let's be honest, none of this really matters during these crazy times. Everyone (mostly) got to play a season and so who cares if we hand out a few more all-state recognitions than most year's. Teams are dropping out of the tournament every day due to Covid tracing. One div 4 team didn't even get to play one second of post-season because their opponent didn't want to honor their masks policy.
                            Anyone still standing at this point should get an achievement award.
                            Isn't there another thread for Newmarket's ridiculous mask policy?

Comment

e
                              Isn't there another thread for Newmarket's ridiculous mask policy?
                              Just ask the 233,000 people who have died whether they think mask policies are ridiculous. And if you want to debate it, this is by far the best place:
                              http://www.talking-soccer.com/TS4/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Comment

Just ask the 233,000 people who have died whether they think mask policies are ridiculous. And if you want to debate it, this is by far the best place:
                                http://www.talking-soccer.com/TS4/forumdisplay.php?f=30[/QUOTE]

Actually this is the best place:
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF7WPV3Bs6I

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X