Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Parents are hypocrites. When their 10,11,12 years old perform well, winning is everything and they start criticizing other players in the team and feel entitled to decide who should be in the team. When their kids perform poorly and the team loses because their own kids, they start telling everyone that winning isn't everything.

Usually it gets worse when the parent is also the coach for the team. You can find plenty of the examples at Match Fit Mercer's girls teams.
    The most criticism from these parents is usually reserved for the kids that they feel are a threat to their own. Striker A parent always likes to talk about how awful Striker B is and how they "dont get the game" and "dont understand the movement" or some very soft, subjective criteria like that. WHen the team wins and their child scores, they are the greatest. When they lose and their kid shat the bed on 3 chances, its all just a process of learning. Just stand as far away as possible.

Comment

The most criticism from these parents is usually reserved for the kids that they feel are a threat to their own. Striker A parent always likes to talk about how awful Striker B is and how they "dont get the game" and "dont understand the movement" or some very soft, subjective criteria like that. WHen the team wins and their child scores, they are the greatest. When they lose and their kid shat the bed on 3 chances, its all just a process of learning. Just stand as far away as possible.
      This is totally true. I've heard many a parent speak badly about the kid(s) that play the same position as their own. The rose-colored glasses come out and they only see the one goal among the 20 blown opportunities. Maybe you are a soccer expert, but honestly, we should try not to talk badly about other people's kids in public. That stuff gets around and may even get back to the kid. Also, what happens when your kid starts sitting because they are actually the weak link? I'm guessing for some people they pack their kid's kit and pull them from the team midseason.

Comment

This is totally true. I've heard many a parent speak badly about the kid(s) that play the same position as their own. The rose-colored glasses come out and they only see the one goal among the 20 blown opportunities. Maybe you are a soccer expert, but honestly, we should try not to talk badly about other people's kids in public. That stuff gets around and may even get back to the kid. Also, what happens when your kid starts sitting because they are actually the weak link? I'm guessing for some people they pack their kid's kit and pull them from the team midseason.
        I don't think any parents should ever criticizing any other players, whether in public or private. It doesn't do any good to the team or your own kids. To the team, it creates distrust. To the kid, it gives him/her the excuse when they fail. Nothing good came out of it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X