Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good luck. You do know that only 33% of college freshmen play all four years of soccer. They either flunk out, quit do to lack of playing time or get injured.
    Don't bother with him. His clumsy kid might get a few token minutes Sophomore year, then we will hear how its was always about academics

Comment

Nice list anyone gonna take a shot at the girls?

Originally posted by AlexFilides View Post
      Season is over, right? Top 25 if anyone still cares.
      Top 25
      1. St.John's Prep 7-0-4
      2. Nauset 12-0-0
      3. Concord Carlisle 11-1-0
      4. Brookline 7-1-1
      5. Milford 9-1-1
      6. Oliver Ames 12-1-0
      7. St. John's S 7-2-3
      8. Lexington 5-0-2
      9. Weymouth 7-1-3
      10. Medfield 10-0-0
      11. New Bedford 9-2-3
      12. Masconomet 7-0-1
      13. Needham 4-2-1
      14. Medway 8-0-2
      15. Norwell 7-0-0
      16. Scituate 10-0-1
      17. Bedford 7-1-1
      18. BC High 7-4-0
      19. Bp Feehan 9-0-1
      20. Acton Boxboro 3-1-0
      21. Chelmsford 8-0-0
      22. Arlington 5-1-3
      23. Xaverian 6-4-1
      24. Cambridge 4-1-1
      25. Mansfield 7-3-2

Comment

I'll give it a shot, not sure when I'll get a chance, maybe tonight. Keep in mind, I've never done a girl's ranking.

Comment

Don't bother with him. His clumsy kid might get a few token minutes Sophomore year, then we will hear how its was always about academics
          And if it was, good for that kid for participating in a team he wasn’t the star of. Maybe being part of the team was enough....and I guarantee his academics take him further than many of the “key” players of that soccer team. Sober up dad.

Comment

Better than a kid that meets at the local hometown watering hole every weekend to drink 12 Bud Lights and rehash the high school glory days of kick ball. I mean, the world needs ditch diggers too, but there’s only so much soccer talk we can take from a guy in schitt kicker boots.

Comment

Better than a kid that meets at the local hometown watering hole every weekend to drink 12 Bud Lights and rehash the high school glory days of kick ball. I mean, the world needs ditch diggers too, but there’s only so much soccer talk we can take from a guy in schitt kicker boots.
              ha It's ALREADY shifted to academics. I knew your kid was clumsy

Comment

ha It's ALREADY shifted to academics. I knew your kid was clumsy
                Did I touch a nerve? While my kid’s academics are strong they aren’t stellar. The goal is a top 50 soccer program with big time sports not a top 25 USNWR school.

Comment

High School soccer players, club soccer players and college soccer players all end up playing in the Over the Hill League.

Comment

High School soccer players, club soccer players and college soccer players all end up playing in the Over the Hill League.
                    Except those that are so sick of playing soccer, or have injuries, or simply other priorities and who cannot be bothered.

Comment

High school and club players join the beer league. College players join the Fortune 500 league.

Comment

Funny discussions.
                        Few of the HS stars go on to play pro ball after HS or college. Although there is an increasing number of pro leagues the players will find that either the pay is low and/or their longevity on the soccer field is brief.
                        If they attend college 99.9% will need a job or grad school as they will have recognized what their priorities should be. Congrats to the 0.1% that play pro ball, but hopefully they will have gotten some backup plan

For those who go to play college ball, few see the field for any significant amount. the majority of those who don't see the field either stay or the social scene or realize that other priorities exist. This is why many opt for division 3 as they will get on the field quite a bit more while concurrently developing the longer range life plan.

For this latter D3 group....YES....we get into the over the hill league until we are about 45-50 and start getting injured every third to fourth game. Then you either wait until everyone is walking or you buy a bike.......

Comment

this list is not correct

Comment

this list is not correct
                            It’s not etched in stone, provide us with your wisdom.

Comment

and quite a few pro players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X